Benghazi Accountability Review Board Report Released

State Dept security chief resigns after Benghazi​

By: MATTHEW LEE
12/19/12

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Three State Department officials resigned under pressure Wednesday, less than a day after a damning report blamed management failures for a lack of security at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, where militants killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans on Sept. 11.

An administration official said Eric Boswell, the assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, Charlene Lamb, the deputy assistant secretary responsible for embassy security, and an unnamed official with the Bureau of Near East Affairs, had stepped down. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss personnel matters publicly.

The report said poor leadership in both bureaus left the post underprotected.

"My impression is the State Department clearly failed the Boy Scout motto of be prepared," said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo.

"They failed to anticipate what was coming because of how bad the security risk already was there. ... They failed to connect the dots. They didn't have adequate security leading up to the attack and once the attack occurred, the security was woefully inadequate."

(Excerpt)

Read more:
News from The Associated Press

I think I'll wait until the Congressional hearings are completed before I make a determination. I hope C span covers it. You go ahead and listen to Huffingsome if you'd like. it's no skin off my nose, better yet go ask mediadon'tmatters.

Because, obviously, when an independent review board gives you an answer you don't like, politicians in Congress will uncover the "real facts".

Listen you yourself!

Let's say that this review board had found that everything you people accused the President of was correct...

And my response was "Well, let's see what the President has to say about that, because I don't believe the facts."

That's what you're basically saying right now, except from the other side.

was the "independent review board" conducted in an open forum? Who appointed members of the "independent review board"?

Navy Replaces Admiral Leading Mideast Strike Group Because of ...​
27 Oct 2012 ... The replacement was prompted by an Inspector General's ... Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette, the commander of the USS John C. .... Something big is happening
here with “relief of command” for ... cia in Benghazi, an admiral getting relieved of
command, how much more do you think we are going to take?
Navy Replaces Admiral Leading Mideast Strike Group Because of Ongoing Investigation - ABC News

~~~~~

"Rogue" U.S. General Carter Ham Arrested for Activating Special ...
28 Oct 2012 ... The official story surrounding the events of September 11, 2012 in ... within minutes by his second in command and relieved of duty. ..... Same thing happens
with all tyrannical governments. ... yes, the Admiral of the John C Stennis strike
group was relieved of ..... Removal is required, what ever it takes !
"Rogue" U.S. General Carter Ham Arrested for Activating Special Forces Teams; Ignoring Libya Stand-Down Order

~~~~~​

Head of AFRICOM Fired for Wanting to Assist Personnel in ...​
28 Oct 2012 ... Seems as though the ones who need to be releived of their duty are ... Obama and Paneta need some fall guys so the Admiral and the General will be so
appointed (Fall Guys). ... Well, we finally have the answers to what really
happened, and who the .... The Vice President of the United States: Joe Biden ...
Head of AFRICOM Fired for Wanting to Assist Personnel in Benghazi | Gerard Direct

Last edited:
State Dept security chief resigns after Benghazi​

By: MATTHEW LEE
12/19/12

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Three State Department officials resigned under pressure Wednesday, less than a day after a damning report blamed management failures for a lack of security at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, where militants killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans on Sept. 11.

An administration official said Eric Boswell, the assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, Charlene Lamb, the deputy assistant secretary responsible for embassy security, and an unnamed official with the Bureau of Near East Affairs, had stepped down. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss personnel matters publicly.

The report said poor leadership in both bureaus left the post underprotected.

"My impression is the State Department clearly failed the Boy Scout motto of be prepared," said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo.

"They failed to anticipate what was coming because of how bad the security risk already was there. ... They failed to connect the dots. They didn't have adequate security leading up to the attack and once the attack occurred, the security was woefully inadequate."

(Excerpt)

Read more:
News from The Associated Press

They even failed to take into account that all the other countries recognized the danger and closed their embassies. Clueless is what obama is clueless.

I'd like to know who's version of the truth is to be believed?? You seem awfull certain that most of what you hear is bs and what coming out of the WH is honest and truthfull.

If you honestly think anyone associated with the administration is not going to whitewash Benghazi then I think you're naive as hell my friend. They won't be telling any truth that casts any blame at them. They could care less about those four dead men.

They had no trouble absolving the same administration Re: Fast and Furious where a Border Agent was killed. In fact that fuck in the WH used EP to quash the whole thing under the guise of a threat to Natioinal Security. More like a threat to his ass kissing sidekick Holder.

As far as 9-11 goes the only ones to blame there were AQ, UBL and the dirtbags who flew the planes.

Clinton had the info long before Bush did and you can bet your ass he's on his knees every night thanking God that AQ waited till 9-11, eight months after he left office, to pull it off. I know I sure as hell would be.

He had the info long before Bush and did nothing with it. He didn't shut the country down on a vague warning and neither did Bush.

Perhaps they should both be hung from the nearest tree.

I see no difference between the behavior of this administration and the behavior of past administrations, but the way the piss drinkers behave you would think this was all something new.

There were a dozen attacks on our overseas mission in the past decade, but this is the only one where any outrage was manufactured, and where people pretended to be all concerned like, and interested in finding out the events which led to the attack and what could have been done to prevent it. And when the facts from overseas were not instantaneously presented, they began making shit up out of whole cloth and RUNNING with it.

It's an old truism. A lie is halfway around the world before the truth gets its pants on.

These people and their manufactured bullshit and faux outrage at the expense of the dead make me sick.

The truth will out. But these assholes already exposed the truth about themselves in the weeks immediately following the attack.

Will they learn? Of course not! All liars think they are getting away with it. Liars lie to themselves more than they lie to others. They live in a delusional world.

I'd like to know who's version of the truth is to be believed?? You seem awfull certain that most of what you hear is bs and what coming out of the WH is honest and truthfull.

If you honestly think anyone associated with the administration is not going to whitewash Benghazi then I think you're naive as hell my friend. They won't be telling any truth that casts any blame at them. They could care less about those four dead men.

They had no trouble absolving the same administration Re: Fast and Furious where a Border Agent was killed. In fact that fuck in the WH used EP to quash the whole thing under the guise of a threat to Natioinal Security. More like a threat to his ass kissing sidekick Holder.

As far as 9-11 goes the only ones to blame there were AQ, UBL and the dirtbags who flew the planes.

Clinton had the info long before Bush did and you can bet your ass he's on his knees every night thanking God that AQ waited till 9-11, eight months after he left office, to pull it off. I know I sure as hell would be.

He had the info long before Bush and did nothing with it. He didn't shut the country down on a vague warning and neither did Bush.

I see no difference between the behavior of this administration and the behavior of past administrations, but the way the piss drinkers behave you would think this was all something new.

There were a dozen attacks on our overseas mission in the past decade, but this is the only one where any outrage was manufactured, and where people pretended to be all concerned like, and interested in finding out the events which led to the attack and what could have been done to prevent it. And when the facts from overseas were not instantaneously presented, they began making shit up out of whole cloth and RUNNING with it.

It's an old truism. A lie is halfway around the world before the truth gets its pants on.

These people and their manufactured bullshit and faux outrage at the expense of the dead make me sick.

The truth will out. But these assholes already exposed the truth about themselves in the weeks immediately following the attack.

Will they learn? Of course not! All liars think they are getting away with it. Liars lie to themselves more than they lie to others. They live in a delusional world.

The truth will out huh??

Somehow I doubt you will ever hear the truth about Benghazi coming from this administration.

They didn't exactly cover themselves with glory on their handling of the attack and they sure as hell didn't provide the extra security that was requested.

They also had no problem lying their asses off and trying to blame a video.

Its rather easy to believe the worst of them because they certainly botched everything from begining to end. Its just to bad that it cost four good men their lives.

Last edited:

The truth will out huh??

Somehow I doubt you will ever hear the truth about Benghazi coming from this administration.

They didn't exactly cover themselves with glory on their handling of the attack and they sure as hell didn't provide the extra security that was requested.

They also had no problem lying their asses off and trying to blame a video.

Its rather easy to believe the worst of them because they certainly botched everything from begining to end. Its just to bad that it cost four good men their lives.

Hillary made the statement claiming responsibility for the BenghaziGate debacle and the deaths of four Americans. As I understand it, several people have been forced to resign from the State Department. Why hasn't Hillary been forced to do the same? Whatever happened to General Carter Ham and Rear Admiral Gaouette?

Forum List

Back