Ben Stein's Expelled!!

I've been enjoying the "reviews" for this movie

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed--Ben Stein Launches a Science-free Attack on Darwin
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=ben-steins-expelled-review-michael-shermer

Are ID proponents being silenced?

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/shortsharpscience/2008/03/are-id-proponents-being-silenced.html

“Lying for Jesus?” Prof. Dawkins reviews Expelled
http://sciencenotes.wordpress.com/2008/03/24/lying-for-jesus-prof-dawkins-reviews-expelled/

Expelled: liars
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/03/18/expelled-liars/

Expelled Exposed by scientists!
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/03/27/expelled-exposed-by-scientists/

FOX NEWS :rofl:
To wit: Stein, Frankowski and pals say in "Expelled" that perfectly good scientists and educators are being stigmatized for wanting to teach their students creationism and "intelligent design" — in other words, junk science — in addition to or instead of conventionally accepted Darwinism. You see, Stein, like some other celebrities, finally has shown his true colors and they aren’t so pretty.

The gist of Stein’s involvement is: He’s outraged! He believes in God! God created the universe! How can we not avail our students of this theory? What do you mean we’re just molecules?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,348468,00.html#2

Expelled: The Movie
http://angryastronomer.blogspot.com/2007/08/expelled-movie.html

Scientists Feel Miscast in Film on Life’s Origin

A few months ago, the evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins received an e-mail message from a producer at Rampant Films inviting him to be interviewed for a documentary called “Crossroads.”

The film, with Ben Stein, the actor, economist and freelance columnist, as its host, is described on Rampant’s Web site as an examination of the intersection of science and religion. Dr. Dawkins was an obvious choice. An eminent scientist who teaches at Oxford University in England, he is also an outspoken atheist who has repeatedly likened religious faith to a mental defect.

But now, Dr. Dawkins and other scientists who agreed to be interviewed say they are surprised — and in some cases, angered — to find themselves not in “Crossroads” but in a film with a new name and one that makes the case for intelligent design, an ideological cousin of creationism. The film, “Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed,” also has a different producer, Premise Media.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/27/science/27expelled.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

You don't see this sort of sneering when people produce movies which ponder the possiblity of the existence of aliens, for crying out loud. I never read any reviews like this when Gore's idiocy came out, or any of Moore's crap.

• Banned
You don't see this sort of sneering when people produce movies which ponder the possiblity of the existence of aliens, for crying out loud. I never read any reviews like this when Gore's idiocy came out, or any of Moore's crap.

I'm proud to say I never saw Gore's crap, Moore's crap and I ain't gonna see this crap either. :D

what was the last doc you can remember being released to the genearl public about ALIENS that recieved the kind of automatic applause that this "doc" will get from thumpers?

I must have missed that one.

• Banned
what was the last doc you can remember being released to the genearl public about ALIENS that recieved the kind of automatic applause that this "doc" will get from thumpers?

:eusa_hand: Hold on one minute there buddy! Are you trying to tell me that Alien vs. Predator isn't real?

Nothing on the big screen. I have to wade through crap about aliens, ufos and hauntings every week on A & E, though. They even have it on History channel.

• Banned
Nothing on the big screen. I have to wade through crap about aliens, ufos and hauntings every week on A & E, though. They even have it on History channel.

Still haven't figured out how to work that clicker yet huh? :eusa_whistle:

No, I use the clicker to click right past it.

What ticks me off is the shows about aliens are so reverent, and thoughtful, and generally positive. Whereas about half (or more) of any of the documentaries on, say, the life of Jesus, or bibical things, are typically couched in wording which encourages skepticism and disbelief. It irritates me and apparently it irritates Stein, too.

now, do you really think A&E is comparable to major theatre distribution?

and, for what its worth, I don't believe in ghosts either. nor bigfoot, or nessie, or specs of dust on the lens that people call ghosts etc.

No, I use the clicker to click right past it.

What ticks me off is the shows about aliens are so reverent, and thoughtful, and generally positive. Whereas about half (or more) of any of the documentaries on, say, the life of Jesus, or bibical things, are typically couched in wording which encourages skepticism and disbelief. It irritates me and apparently it irritates Stein, too.

You've obviously never watched A&E, TLC, the DISCOVERY channel etc during the christmas holiday...

:eusa_hand: Hold on one minute there buddy! Are you trying to tell me that Alien vs. Predator isn't real?

maybe..

but I'm still going to make fun of the goofy bastard that swears he was probed by aliens until I see some evidence beyond "elvis is alive" type sightings.

maybe..

but I'm still going to make fun of the goofy bastard that swears he was probed by aliens until I see some evidence beyond "elvis is alive" type sightings.

That's cool.

Just go easy on the goofy bastards that claim Santa Claus exists. :eusa_whistle:

This is going to be crazy, so get ready...

Well let's say that the Alien's and the UFO's sightings that you are hearing about are Satan's Minions. They do not want you to think this because then you will know the Truth about them. They are here visiting to make sure that we are being self destructive and confused while staying in inner world quarrals with one another. This were the all the stories get mixed up. There is a need for you to know that these UFO sitings are the Evil that God wrote his book The Bible about.

:eusa_wall:

It seems like I am hitting my head against the wall with this and I have posted before how we are being controlled in this world.

No-one wants to believe it because it is scary and this is the first time this information is comming out.

They are trying to put more dis-information out there about them by saying they are reptiles with human features, or grays but this is not true at all. In fact they look like us... Taller or shorter but they resemble us and just like the Bible said he will make man in the image of God the other beings look the same.

Lady, I am the devil and just want to say "Thank You" on fulfilling revelation prophesy about false christians.

Yours Truly,

The Prince of Darkness.

Lady, I am the devil and just want to say "Thank You" on fulfilling revelation prophesy about false christians.

Yours Truly,

The Prince of Darkness.

Explains a lot.
I thought the Devil would be more cunning and articulate. You being an Anti-Christ is true though.

yup.

you got me.

Im the antichrist trying to wear my fathers shoes again.

geez. didnt you people die off in the 80s? Could you please get raptured already?

Forum List

Back