Beersheba Wells, Palestine, 1917

He did not claim the charge of the light brigade in Crimea was an Australian UNIT.

The australians didn't fight in the crimean war. That's the war Lord Tennyson's poem was about. In fact, I don't even think Australia existed as a nation, during the crimean war. That's why I thought it odd to link Tennyson's poem, to a 1917 palestine battle.

He claimed an Australian lead the charge. Learn to comprehend what you read. As for military history, I will stack my knowledge against yours any day. And knowing Chips it was some kind of joke.

Its pretty clear you don't know what the crimean war was, or what the infamous Charge of the Light Brigade poem was about. It wasn't about aussie cavalry in 1917 palestine.

Charge of the Light Brigade - British Army - led by a bloody idiot.

Film - Charge of the Light Brigade - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0027438/
Starring the Tasmanian Errol Flynn.

Poem - Charge of the Light Brigade - Tennyson - composed, I believe, from newspaper reports (hence the factual errors).

Australia - 1854, a loose collection of squabbling colonies and a province which didn't become a country until January 1, 1901.

Does that help?

Charge of the Light Brigade - British Army - led by a bloody idiot.

Film - Charge of the Light Brigade - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0027438/
Starring the Tasmanian Errol Flynn.

Poem - Charge of the Light Brigade - Tennyson - composed, I believe, from newspaper reports (hence the factual errors).

Australia - 1854, a loose collection of squabbling colonies and a province which didn't become a country until January 1, 1901.

Does that help?

I doubt it. The joke being that in the Movie Errol Flynn lead the light brigade IN THE CRIMEAN War. Thus An Australian lead them both. In reference to Gunny's joke about Errol Flynn.

Doesn't change what I said. Little reading coupled with dependence on movies for information equates ignorance and laziness on the part of the evidently ignorant.

Forum List

Back