Bear shot on TV show "Gold Rush Alaska" What's the big deal?

Ah..so it was a bloodlust thing.

Good on you.

Did nothing useful.

No, it was a bait thing. As the full moon comes each month, we check the weather, schedule a hunt, acquire bait (that was his role) and work to save the environment.

He is serving his purpose. Big hunt is tonight, but I *may not* be able to make it. Sucks too, because tonight is one of the biggest crowds we've had in a while (weather is AWESOME right now!) :(

Basically you don't "save' the environment..quite the contrary..you destroy it. It's funny listening to the "Back to nature" types that buy land in pristine areas..build..then get upset when they are over run with nature. They wind up at war with it..and destroying much of what they initially were saying was so "beautiful". Well nature isn't a static postcard. Eco-systems are living/breathing entities.

And humans aren't really a part of that any longer.

You kill for the sake of killing. You contribute nothing whatsoever to the enviroment. Indeed your presence is a destructive force.

That's twice we've agreed lately. Knock it off, otherwise I will have to move you out of the 'rabid idiot' box and into 'normal person'. :evil:

The native species had it long before you. And, God willing, they will have it long after you are extinct.

It isn't just God willing, I'm willing it too, and I'm killing the intruders as fast as I can, as are more and more of my neighbors.

The coyote is not native to Alabama. Sure, it is in the sense that there are some here today, but they arrived a very short time ago.

The more of them we kill, the better chance the native species "will have it long after" I am extinct.

Finger in a dyke, but I am a responsible environmentalist, so I do whatever I can.

The native species had it long before you. And, God willing, they will have it long after you are extinct.

It isn't just God willing, I'm willing it too, and I'm killing the intruders as fast as I can, as are more and more of my neighbors.

The coyote is not native to Alabama. Sure, it is in the sense that there are some here today, but they arrived a very short time ago.

The more of them we kill, the better chance the native species "will have it long after" I am extinct.

Finger in a dyke, but I am a responsible environmentalist, so I do whatever I can.

You are not a native species. The wildlife you kill - they are the native species. They were there before you.... and I hope they will survive your attempts to exterminate them. In fact, if you met a sticky end at the paws of a pack of coyotes, I'd be happy. I'm like that. Humans are not the most important thing on the planet.

You are not a native species. The wildlife you kill - they are the native species. They were there before you.... and I hope they will survive your attempts to exterminate them. In fact, if you met a sticky end at the paws of a pack of coyotes, I'd be happy. I'm like that. Humans are not the most important thing on the planet.
Humans have been in the Americas for ten's of thousands of years.

They are a natural predator and part of the ecological system.

Coyotes, and also deer, depend on humans to hunt them and keep their numbers down to sustainable levels.

Otherwise, they would over populate their food sources, which would lead to mass starvation.

]

Then just what IS a native species? Amoeba? Paramecium? They were here before us.

Let me ease your torment CG:

The chances of a pack of coyote taking me out are about the same as you
suddenly becoming as wise as you think you are.

Neither will happen in this life.

Humans have been in the Americas for ten's of thousands of years.

They are a natural predator and part of the ecological system.

Coyotes, and also deer, depend on humans to hunt them and keep their numbers down to sustainable levels.

Otherwise, they would over populate their food sources, which would lead to mass starvation.

Yep, it's called Wildlife Management, and culling via regulated hunting is a major component of balancing the needs of wildlife and people.

Wildlife management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back