Beans in toast: UK should switch to broad bean bread, say researchers

I am open to this.. I dont think it will replace wheat completely but more choice is always good.
What do you use to make bread ?

Wouldn't that endanger the planet, Tommy?

Millions of people eating more beans would create millions of cubic meters of flatuance, a presumed cause of global warming and / or climate change.

Never heard of beans in bread Tommy, but it sounds like a good idea to make bread more healthy and nourishing. Does it effect the taste of the bread much? Would it work well in whole wheat bread?

Never heard of beans in bread Tommy, but it sounds like a good idea to make bread more healthy and nourishing. Does it effect the taste of the bread much? Would it work well in whole wheat bread?
It might be me but I find that most industrially produced bread lacks any taste. I tend to look for something a bit more interesting.

Pumpernickel
Walnut and Honey
Cranberry and Almond . All with lashings of seeds . Now£2.00 each typically with lowered size . Bastards .

White bread and ghastly wholemeal for Impure Ones and animals .OK .they are the same .

Stick your absurd broad bean bread where the sun don't shine

I am open to this..
of course you are
I dont think it will replace wheat completely but more choice is always good.
Tommy, it is a well know historical fact that left wing governments and their policies cannot feed the population, what we are seeing in almost every food source industry is the future necessities to food replacement...that is the lesson communists have taken from their past failures/genocides...
Now if they should take power the future communists can point to this point in time as to where it all began instead of having to admit the system doesn't work.

I am open to this.. I dont think it will replace wheat completely but more choice is always good.

It would not be unheard of to add or make bread out of something other than milled wheat. There actually is a science to it, and while commercial processing of wheat for bread helps to feed millions, there is a down side to the process but its probably the only way it can be done on such a large scale.

In days of old, wheat was bundles up in the field and slow dried.... helping to preserve nutrients, then it was "wet milled" on the millstones... the process of using water during milling diluted and washed away acidic properties from the wheat kernel.. today its all fast dried and dry milled... which makes wheat in everything you eat acidic, which over a lifetime of eating probably adds to old age problems such as arthritis and calcium loss in the bones.
Then preservatives are now added to wheat so that it can be shipped around the world and stored for long periods of time. back in the day, bread was usually baked within 1 or just a few days right after milling, then maybe stored longer in bread form.

In Africa for example... until recently, native people there have always used wet milling process to grind all their grains, beans , sorghum and corn , and typically they have superior bone structure and good teeth. I dont think its an accident.

As for those beans, maybe. But look into the entire process and how they do it.

It might be me but I find that most industrially produced bread lacks any taste. I tend to look for something a bit more interesting.

I had a good friend who traveled to Sicily once with a cooking group. They did their travels through small villages in search of.....

what they discovered is that in Sicily... they are the only place in the world who still posses the old wheat... some of the more ancient strains and they are not scientifically modified. They also STILL use the old ways of farming and wet milling. From what I understand, the bread they ate there while visiting was described as a complete meal... and tasted nothing like anything you can find on a shelf where you are.
Fresh baked or not.
If you had the means, you might look into obtaining some of that wheat... has England built a tunnel to Sicily yet???

Forum List

Back