Be careful if you bring your children to the park!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jimnyc, Apr 23, 2004.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Gay Lovers Climb Tree, Then Have Sex

NEW YORK April 22 — Two gay lovers a man in a black dress and a boy in only a pair of shorts protested their families' lack of understanding for their relationship by climbing a Central Park tree on Thursday, stripping, performing lewd acts in front of onlookers and refusing to come down for hours.

The lovers, ages 32 and 17, scaled the 55-foot larch tree next to the Chess and Checkers House around 4 p.m., said Detective John Sweeney, a police department spokesman.

The couple had told the boy's parents about their relationship and been rebuked, police said.

The man played on branches near the top of the tree and waved at onlookers while the boy sat quietly a few feet below him. Police said the man later performed oral sex on the boy and stripped down to a thong to taunt them.

Police were alerted to the mischief when an onlooker flagged down a bicycle officer. When Emergency Services Unit officers responded, "the two individuals began to shout obscenities to the approaching officers, threatening to push the officers down and throw branches at them in an effort to ward the officers off," police Inspector William Callahan said.

The two were in danger of falling because the tree's largest branches were only 4 inches thick and couldn't support their weight for long, said police, who set up an inflatable safety mat on the ground.

Police negotiators who went up the tree to talk the couple down gave them soft drinks and water. A crowd of about 100 onlookers stood nearby.

After about five hours, police put harnesses on the lovers and began to lure them down. The names of the lovers were not immediately released.

The couple were taken to a hospital for evaluation, and Callahan said arrests and criminal charges depended on the outcomes of those evaluations.

No one was injured in the bizarre Earth Day stunt, Callahan said.

"When I heard they were in a tree," he said, "I figured it was very fitting."

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040422_2587.html

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Off the top of my head, I would say you could (should) charge them with public indecency, child rape (if the kid was only 17), and endangering a police officer.

3. Aquarian

Aquarian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1

bwahhahhahha :laugh:

ok, ok, maybe not so funny, but can you imagine seeing this or anything like it just walking down the street?

Jeff- age of consent is 17 in ny, but statuatory rape might still apply, never really been clear on when that is applicable... but public indecency charges would stick I think.

4. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, but the gay community won't let them. I would bet big money on that.

5. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    firehoses would have worked wonders.

I'm all for protest and public dissent, but public sex acts, gay or straight, shouldn't be tolerated.

6. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    More proof, just more proof man.

Reminds me of something that happened in Oregon. Some Earth First freakos had been camped out in some canopies in these trees that were scheduled to be logged while all of it was moving through the courts in an effort to stop the proposed logging. Anyway the activists lost and a judge ordered these people out of the tress, there was the usual brouhaha with the cops and the freakos chaining theirselves together but when it was all said and done one of the freakos went downtown immediately climbed up and perched himself outside the window ledge of the forest service offices. Picture this first of all it was like 5 stories up, this guy hadn't showered or bathed in 6 months and he had a bucket up there with him doing his business in front of the window with all the office workers looking on. Lol and they wonder why we call the freakos, what do these people think stunts like this and the star crossed gay lovers is going to get them?

7. Aquarian

Aquarian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    unless all individuals involved are attractive, then we sell tickets...

8. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    On the net, that qualifier is non-existant.

9. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yeah, I don't even like watching people make out in public, but that's me.

"Get a room, funboys!"

I wonder if that was Central Park?

The only thing worse than seagull pooh falling on my head, would be walking under that tree and...

I won't finish that sentence.

10. Aquarian

Aquarian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hey mods- can I post a link to the fark comments page for this? I'm laughin so hard i'm crying...