Battleground-State Voters Leaving the Democratic Party

If you watched C -span and saw the votes on the bills you would see some of the repubs voting with the dems, Steelplate. Stop believing what the news tells you.

And you will see some Dems voting with the GOP.... the question is...which party obstructs the most?

The gridlock is from one Senator (Reid) sitting on the bills that have been passed in the house.

And you feel the same about the Dems who hold closed primaries? They are telling the independents to pound sand as well?

California doesn't have a closed Primary. They have a modified open primary system. Roughly 130 days before a primary, the parties must decide whether or not to let those "independent" voters vote in their Primary. The Dems have consistently allowed it. Why wouldn't the Republicans?

I wasn't asking just about california, i was asking in general.

However, now that you've brought it up, you are not completely correct about CA primaries.
Frequently Asked Questions - Primary Elections in California - Elections & Voter Information - California Secretary of State
How are presidential primary elections conducted in California?

Qualified political parties in California may hold presidential primaries in one of two ways:

Closed presidential primary - only voters indicating a preference for a party may vote for that party's presidential nominee.

Modified-closed presidential primary - the party also allows voters who did not state a party preference to vote for that party's presidential nominee.

If a qualified political party chooses to hold a modified-closed presidential primary, the party must notify the California Secretary of State no later than the 135th day before Election Day.

Modified open/closed. Same whore, different dress.

I'll ask YOU again, what political sense does it make to exclude independent voters?

Now, I ask again... Do you hold the same opinion for Democratic closed primaries? That they are telling independents to pound sand?

I wasn't asking about closed primary states. Different animal entirely. Why do you answer a question with a question?

Dems in CA haven't been telling independents to pound sand.

Forum List

Back