Battleground-State Voters Leaving the Democratic Party

Couldn't have anything to do with the GOP primary getting all the attention in the media, could it? Wait till the general after the GOP Candidates and their continual backstabbing gives Obama enough ammo to sink an aircraft carrier with.

Couldn't have anything to do with the GOP primary getting all the attention in the media, could it? Wait till the general after the GOP Candidates and their continual backstabbing gives Obama enough ammo to sink an aircraft carrier with.

the GOP primaries getting all the attention is the cause of the mass exodus of Democrats from their party?

Really? You want to go with that???

the GOP primaries getting all the attention is the cause of the mass exodus of Democrats from their party?

Really? You want to go with that???

if you call 800k people across 4-5 states a "mass exodus". There are people on the fence everywhere. Plus, Pennsylvania has a closed primary...which makes up some of that... how many of the other states mentioned have closed primaries?

The point was to show that the Dems are LOSING voters. I said NOTHING about those voters automatically going to the GOP.

Here ya go. There is nothing herein that implies that the Democrats are losing voters. They are merely losing registered members. There's nothing that implies that a single one of these newly registered independents are going to vote in any way differently than they would have if they hadn't changed their party affiliation. The only way you can come to the conclusion that Democrats are losing voters, is if you first assume that those voters ARE automatically going to the GOP by virtue of their new party affiliation. That, however, is nonsense.

For all you know, these new independents have been voting against the Democrats for years already, and are just now getting around to changing their affiliation. For all you know, they are changing their affiliation but still intend to vote a straight Democratic party ticket. There is absolutely NOTHING in any of this that implies that Democrats are going to lose a single vote just because people are changing their party affiliation.

The point was to show that the Dems are LOSING voters. I said NOTHING about those voters automatically going to the GOP.

Here ya go. There is nothing herein that implies that the Democrats are losing voters. They are merely losing registered members. There's nothing that implies that a single one of these newly registered independents are going to vote in any way differently than they would have if they hadn't changed their party affiliation. The only way you can come to the conclusion that Democrats are losing voters, is if you first assume that those voters ARE automatically going to the GOP by virtue of their new party affiliation. That, however, is nonsense.

For all you know, these new independents have been voting against the Democrats for years already, and are just now getting around to changing their affiliation. For all you know, they are changing their affiliation but still intend to vote a straight Democratic party ticket. There is absolutely NOTHING in any of this that implies that Democrats are going to lose a single vote just because people are changing their party affiliation.

that is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard on this board.

the spin begins.

so you think it will translate into more republican votes?

did I 'say' it would?

No, nor did the question you answered with a question suggest you did.

How do you view the low turnout in the FL Republican Primary? In my view such a low turn out suggests many Republicans are unimpressed with Gingrich or Romney and too few find Paul or Santorum electable. "None of the above" seems to still be leading the pack, and many Republicans want more choices.

that is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard on this board.

No, you're just being thick headed and presumptive. My father was a long time registered Democrat, until he went independent in the early 90s. Yet to this day, he votes Democrat pretty much all the way, for anything other than a local office (which was his habit before changing). The Democrats didn't lose a voter because he changed party affiliations. He changed because he felt he wasn't in lock-step with the Democrats on alot of issues. But every election he continues to feel that the Democrats are the better option over the Republicans.

I'm an independent, and have been my entire life. I vote for Democrats at times, I vote for Republicans at times. The person I consider to be best suited for the office in question is never shaped by my party affiliation or lack thereof. If you think otherwise, you're nothing but a partisan hack.

the spin begins.

Yes, you must be dizzy by now.

so you think it will translate into more republican votes?

did I 'say' it would?

No, nor did the question you answered with a question suggest you did.

How do you view the low turnout in the FL Republican Primary? In my view such a low turn out suggests many Republicans are unimpressed with Gingrich or Romney and too few find Paul or Santorum electable. "None of the above" seems to still be leading the pack, and many Republicans want more choices.

The state's overall turnout was 41.2 percent... barely over a 5% drop from the 2008 election. Not a big deal.

Low voter turn out?

Turnout across the state was 1.67 million voters or 41 percent of the registered Republicans.

The number represents a decrease from 2008’s 1.94 million votes, although on that occasion both parties had their primaries.

"That's a respectable healthy turnout for a single party primary," Secretary of State Kurt Browning said.

1.94 in 2008
1.67 in 2012

A difference of .27 Not a low turn out in my book., especially when in 2008 it was both parties.

I switched from Dem to independent, because the Dem's no longer represent the conservatives or moderates of their party.

You are a republican at heart.

That's what libs say about conservative dem's all the time. :lol:
Conservative dems are for a fiscally responsible budget and some gov. programs but not a big government.

Your not a conservative dem are you.

You have desided to go independent.

That is fine with me, you dont seem to have any reason to sign up as a dem.

Know yourself

You are a republican at heart.

That's what libs say about conservative dem's all the time. :lol:
Conservative dems are for a fiscally responsible budget and some gov. programs but not a big government.

Your not a conservative dem are you.

You have decided to go independent.

That is fine with me, you don't seem to have any reason to sign up as a dem.

Know yourself

I know myself very well.
I have been a conservative dem since 1970.
I got tired of fighting the libs who took over the party and would not allow the Conservative voice in the party, ever since the 1990's. I fought it for 20 years and just got fed up, as did many of us.
Now in 2009 they started on the moderates voices.
Only libs need apply for the dems now.

I know myself very well.
I have been a conservative dem since 1970.
I got tired of fighting the libs who took over the party and would not allow the Conservative voice in the party, ever since the 1990's. I fought it for 20 years and just got fed up, as did many of us.
Now in 2009 they started on the moderates voices.
Only libs need apply for the dems now.

Much the same with the Republicans. Moral of the story, partisan politics suck.

Repubs have libs and mods in the party and allow them to vote for their ideology unlike the dems.
I have noticed that since Pelosi the dictator, stepped down the mods and cons in the dem party have been able to vote their way.

Last edited:
Repubs have libs and mods in the party and allow them to vote for their ideology unlike the dems.
I have noticed that since Polosi the dictator, stepped down the mods and cons in the dem party have been able to vote their way.

What in THE fuck are you talking about? Libs and mods in the party voting their ideology? Explain the lock step voting in Congress by the GOP. You have no clue....only opinion.

Republicans are fucking goose-steppers... they vote in unison...hence the gridlock in our government. Pelosi the dictator? Gimme a break.

If you watched C -span and saw the votes on the bills you would see some of the repubs voting with the dems, Steelplate. Stop believing what the news tells you.

Forum List

Back