Battlecry: Christian kids have lost it

acludem said:
There are moral and immoral people of both liberal and conservative stripes. Conservatives do not have a corner on the morals market. Making blanket statements like "liberals have no morals" or "liberals oppose morality" makes someone look foolish.

As for the gay rights issue, gay and lesbians folks are here and they've been here since people existed. They aren't looking for "special" rights, they want the same rights and responsibilities that straight people have. Why is this such a threat to conservatives? How does two adult, unrelated men who want to get married and have the same rights and responsibilities and two unrelated adults of the opposite sex who to get married threaten marriage?????

acludem

Because marriage is between a man and a woman---they have that right---if they want it changed, they are asking for something different and special. It's really qutie simple. They want to change the definition of a word and a centuries old institution.

What's wrong with changing the definition? We've changed lots of definitions within our laws. We changed the definition of who is a citizen. We changed the definition of a voter. We changed the definition of a minor. We changed the definition of heterosexual marriage to include people of different races. Why not change the definition of marriage to include unrelated adults of the same gender? What's the harm? How does this threaten heterosexual marriage?

acludem

acludem said:
What's wrong with changing the definition? We've changed lots of definitions within our laws. We changed the definition of who is a citizen. We changed the definition of a voter. We changed the definition of a minor. We changed the definition of heterosexual marriage to include people of different races. Why not change the definition of marriage to include unrelated adults of the same gender? What's the harm? How does this threaten heterosexual marriage?

acludem

Because it changes the focus of what marriage has traditionally been about, reproduction and family, creating the next generation.

Marriage based on anal joy just isn't the same.

acludem said:

acludem

Call it Homo-bond, and continue working for civil union rights. It will be the same thing with a different name. Or do you just like cramming it down the throats of traditionalists?

If it's anal sex you're complaing about, I guess you'll have to talk to some heterosexual married couples who like that also.

I'm not attacking traditionalists, but some of their traditions are simply wrong. It used to a tradition to enslave people, that tradition has ended in Western culture. It used to be tradition that women couldn't vote and were the property of their husbands, that too has passed. Why not the tradition of not allowing gay people to have the same rights and responsibilities as straight poeple?

acludem

acludem said:
If it's anal sex you're complaing about, I guess you'll have to talk to some heterosexual married couples who like that also.

I'm not attacking traditionalists, but some of their traditions are simply wrong. It used to a tradition to enslave people, that tradition has ended in Western culture. It used to be tradition that women couldn't vote and were the property of their husbands, that too has passed. Why not the tradition of not allowing gay people to have the same rights and responsibilities as straight poeple?

acludem

You say "some" of their traditions are simply wrong. Then you must feel that "some" are right.

I guess you'll pick and choose what is convenient for you.

acludem said:

acludem

I just don't know if anal sex is enough base the institution of marriage upon. Ultimately marriage is about family and the next generation, the awesome responsibility that implies. Just admit that attacking this very notion is what your gay zeal is all about. You want people to abandon the rearing of the next generation to the government. Just admit it. And when you respond to me, please have the courtesy to quote my remarks, you ingrate.

acludem said:
Any tradition of discrimination is wrong.

acludem

How about affirmative action? To not hire a white person solely for the fact that that person is white is racial descrimination, even if it's a lame attempt to be fair.

It would seem to me that the only thing it boils down to is what you want to happen.

I'd say acludem has been shredded thoroughly. He's beginning to sputter nonsensical absolutes. The end is near. Shall we say a prayer?

Forum List

Back