Bash Cheney Week has begun...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by insein, Apr 26, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A41998-2004Apr25?language=printer

"Well we cant get Bush. We've being doing it for years now and people are stating to see through it. LEts go after Cheney for a whole week and see how it works out." -Democrats

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Cheney's bad for Bush's image. Most of the stuff Bush gets bashed for was either done by Cheney or was Cheney's idea. Bush needs a different running mate, like Gingrich (sp?), Rice, or Ashcroft, maybe even Dole. I mean, do we want Bush to go the way of Theodan?

[​IMG]

If you don't get the joke, get a clue and go see the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy...loser.

3. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    If Bush is going to dump Cheney, I wouldn't replace him with any of the names you mention and here's why: Gingrich has no credibility and is a political liability because of his big mouth, that's why he was run out of the House of Representatives by his own party, Ashcroft is so hated by many Independents and especially Democrats, I dare say that choice could even alienate Bush's best pal Zell Miller (so maybe I should support Bush choosing Ashcroft ;) ) As for Condi Rice, she has too much 9/11 political baggage, and Dole is too damn old. If he's going to dump Cheney and still win he'd have to pick someone like Guiliani or perhaps Bill Frist.

acludem

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't think that Cheney will be dumped. In any case, it's Kerry that has a problem, focusing on the Veep just shows that his attacks on Bush are going no where. People do not vote for the VP, but the top of the ticket.

5. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    It's idle talk. Bush is not getting rid of Cheney, and it's because of this simple little thing called loyalty. Bush is loyal to his subordinates, just as he expects loyalty in return. It's a great way to run an organization.