Barking: Shooter at Las Vegas University

The guy was 67. Why would he want a job at that age. Most folks his age are retired.

So we are going to find out two things about this shooter.

1) Everyone in his life knew he was nuts.
2) He had no problem getting a gun.

And?

100 million other Americans also had no problem obtaining a firearm yesterday, but they didn't shoot anyone.

And he was a leftist.

If everyone knew he was nuts, then they failed, as did the police if they knew and did nothing.

The problem wasn't that he had a gun, the problem was that no one else on campus was allowed to have one to stop him.

And he was a leftist.

If everyone knew he was nuts, then they failed, as did the police if they knew and did nothing.

The problem wasn't that he had a gun, the problem was that no one else on campus was allowed to have one to stop him.
No, the problem was he was able to get a gun despite being nuts.

Actually, the guy was a business professor, they tend to be more right wing.

I hate to tell ya this, Joe, but what happens in Vegas tends to stay in Vegas. :eek: I didn't make anything up, but I know how the diverse state systems work. The Vegas people have to and they may not because they have read the Amendment 2 in the Constitution and they support it. However, if they get the authorities to crack down on filling in the blank if the person has severe mental or social disturbances and the request went unstated. At that point, someone should have turned down the sale of that gun unless it was inherited. And it's too late to bring those 3 people back to life no matter what the great state of Nevada's state chamber decides. :sad:

I hate to tell ya this, Joe, but what happens in Vegas tends to stay in Vegas. :eek: I didn't make anything up, but I know how the diverse state systems work. The Vegas people have to and they may not because they have read the Amendment 2 in the Constitution and they support it. However, if they get the authorities to crack down on filling in the blank if the person has severe mental or social disturbances and the request went unstated. At that point, someone should have turned down the sale of that gun unless it was inherited. And it's too late to bring those 3 people back to life no matter what the great state of Nevada's state chamber decides. :sad:
Um, yeah, here's the thing.

How about instead of just letting a gun buyer honest-injun pinky-swear they aren't crazy, we do an ACTUAL INVESTIGATION into whether or not they are crazy or not.

I got a new job in 2020. They did a complete and thorough investigation into my background.

I got a mortgage in 2021. Despite having a perfect 800+ Credit Score, no unsecured debt and having successfully fufilled three previous mortgages and two Home Equity Loans, they still did a thorough investigation.

I am in the process of updating my wife's immigration status from "Work Visa" to "Marriage". Despite her already having been here 7 years, I am having to submit 200+ Pages of documents so that we can convince DHS that we aren't scamming a green card.

NONE of those things would make it easier for me to kill ANYONE, but the requirements were all there.

No, the problem was he was able to get a gun despite being nuts.

Actually, the guy was a business professor, they tend to be more right wing.

Nope.....

600 million guns in private hands, over 22 million Americans can carry guns in public for self defense, Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders, beatings and stabbings....

Mass public shootings in the U.S. in 2022....

12 individuals out of over 350 million Americans.

Total murdered....

Deer kill 200 people a year
Ladders kill 300 people a year.
Bathtubs kill 350 people a year
Cars kill over 43,000 people a year.

Forum List

Back