Barack Obama's Teleprompter dies; trusted speech aid was barely 2 years old

Funny Dude,

I'll have to rep you later on this one because I get that dreaded message.

it was really funny, actually.

i'd think the wingnuts who think he can't talk without it should have been very impressed with how cool he was.

but that would probably require giving credit where credit is due.
If he's such a great orator, why does he even need the crutch?

When asked that very question, President Obama, attempting to speak extemporaneously, said,
"I -- uhhh--- am, not that I don't --- errr --- that is, as I ---- uhhhhmmmm ---- have said many times in the past --- errr --- in at least 57 of the many United States of Ahhhh, America, a crutch is not always to be ---errr --- that is ---- uhhhhm -- relied upon, considering, as I recall Frank saying --- uhmmm --- and --- Well, uhhh, excuse me. I didn't get much sleep --- err -- this month, so far, and ---uhhhh, my predecessor did it too!"​

Last edited:

i'd think the wingnuts who think he can't talk without it should have been very impressed with how cool he was.

Anybody that will quote a dildo like Bruce Springsteen has a warped since of what is cool, you obviously have a dual case of what Spike Lee calls "Jungle Fever" and lawyer envy. You obviously confuse bullshit with cool.:lol::lol::lol:

If he's such a great orator, why does he even need the crutch?

well, it helps you focus. i'd use it too, same as i always wrote out my opening statements and summations. otherwise, you get done and say, "darn, I meant to mention.....".

The only president I know of who could seamlessly talk extemporaneously in major speeches was Bill Clinton, who actually ad libbed 20 minutes of a State of the Union Address at one point.

And he deserved the "credit" of great speaker/orator, if ya want to give credit where it's due. Why give it where it isn't?

Bill Clinton had (and perhaps still has) an incredible memory. I was always amazed at how he could remember every detail of a given meeting from years ago, including everyone's names.

I thought he had no clear recollection of that woman? :eusa_eh:

Doncha know the difference between remembering every detail and no clear recollection? One's a lie.... :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back