Barack Obama will go on Bill O'Reilly

Not quite junior. Don't deflect. I just demolished your info and you pick out the sarcasm to run on. I was being sarcastic, I figured you were smart enough to pick that up, guess not.

My apologies. I thought we were having an honest discussion. I didn't realize you were just being sarcastic. I guess you're right; I'm just not smart enough to have a conversation with you.

My apologies. I thought we were having an honest discussion. I didn't realize you were just being sarcastic. I guess you're right; I'm just not smart enough to have a conversation with you.

You said it. ;) And we were having an honest discussion, I just add sarcasm for levity. In the future I will ad my usual (sarcasm) disclaimer. I apoligize for the confusion as well.

I apoligize for the confusion as well.

Oh, okay. So, anyway, you mentioned the possibility of political reconciliation between Shi'ites and Sunnis. Please explain how that's going to work. They've been feuding for 1400 years. How are we going to get them to play nice so our soldiers can stop guarding the oilfields and finally come home?

Oh, okay. So, anyway, you mentioned the possibility of political reconciliation between Shi'ites and Sunnis. Please explain how that's going to work. They've been feuding for 1400 years. How are we going to get them to play nice so our soldiers can stop guarding the oilfields and finally come home?

in the words of yo-bama "uh, um, uh, um, uh, um, uh, um, cut and run"

What's the point? O'Reilly is going to throw a fit and turn off the mic like always.

But I'm still interested in watching it; the link at the top doesn't seem to work for me. Did it already get broadcasted?
thus shows you dont watch the show and only get your take from what someone else tells you

I hope O'Reilly asks him if he still thinks the troop surge isn't working.

Did he ever say the troop surge wasn't working?

My recollection when the surge was discussed that he repeatedly said all the choices were between bad and worse. He favored following the 9/11 commission recommendations.

One argument against the surge was that it overstrains the military past the point that they were already strained. Certainly there are problems with how the military is strained and treated afterwards, isn't there?

I am not sure where McCain stands on veteran affairs. Since he was for the surge, and since it reduced violence, so he pus it in the "plus" column, how he thinks the government should provide for veterans is relevant. How does he?

Also, presumably he extends the idea of aggression, and preemptive aggression, to other countries. In fact preemptive aggression was touted in one of the speeches earlier this week. Someone two nights ago said that the US must stay on the offense in countries before they become a threat.

Personally I think that is a no starter. This strategy was shown to be a failure in Iraq in the sense that we dump endless money and lives into a region that was never truly a threat. Preemptive aggression is a dangerous policy, not to mention it is hard to form alliances with that strategy.

Seems I wandered off topic.

Last edited:
most Iraqis had either died in the conflict or fled the country as refugees to escape the violence when the surge was instituted.

yes, my brother is one of the commanding officers over there and HE says so. What's YOUR rank? How many years have YOU been over there?

O'Reilly has been waiting for a year or more to get Obama on the show, and Obama has always refused.

It says something about him that he runs from debates, and it's taken him a year to prepare to be interviewed from someone who isn't going to ask pre-approved questions...which O'Reilly will never do.

yes, my brother is one of the commanding officers over there and HE says so. What's YOUR rank? How many years have YOU been over there?

I served my time during Storm, Somalia, and Bosnia... and I still have people I served with in theater, one for the 4th time... and I could contradict with my version of "my people say..."

But simply put... there are no stats to back up your absolutely absurd claim...

Marta's just a troll. No doubt her brothers are Booboo and Kirk.

The only action they've seen is in the bathroom.

Yes, stability is a nice thing to have. So are your family members.

I wonder if your whole life was ripped up from you and your country destroyed, you would think so much of your "liberators."

The war was a sham. Saddam coould have been assasinted for a hell of a lot less and we wouldn't have destroyed their country or our troops' lifes.

It was for money, oil and NeoCon power.

I hope O'Reilly asks him if he still thinks the troop surge isn't working.

I thought it was funny that he would only go on during the RNC... He just can't stand not getting the attention. He's trying his darndest to not let the Republican message be heard. I would think if the Republican message was idiotic that he would want their message to get out...

Forum List

Back