Bans on car parts?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RodISHI, Jun 27, 2009.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Rod reads more news than I do and he fills me in on stuff I miss from time to time. He was telling me last night he had read where Obama wants to ban used car parts such as motors and tranny's. So I went looking to see if I could find where he read this. Did not find that but found this information on Oregon legislation.

That does not sound bad until one reads what the bill actually is. This is the kind of representation that the people of Oregon are getting from some of their politicians. It makes me wonder how many actual intelligent people do we have in elected offices in this country.

2. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Oregon and California, by pushing for more electrically powered cars, are exporting the resulting greenhouse gas emissions to states which produce the electricity they power their cars with; this of course does not overall diminish green house gases.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    "Green house gases" hysteria is nothing more than a money grab. No doubt that in many areas people need to be more efficient in dealing with waste etc.. yet adding burdens on the working man such as these type of ideas proliferate are killing even the simple liberties and freedoms in this country.

I look back to the days I started my first contract when I hear about this kind of crap. All we had was my old 71' Dodge pickup. We picked up old Plymouth, Chrysler, Dodge engines for that pickup for years to keep it running. Since we had more time than money we could change out the engine of an old car that needed to be crush from any other old Chrysler product and put it in the old Dodge. That old pickup is still in our driveway and it still runs. "Poor people have poor ways" fit to a tee in those days.

That ability to be innovative and creative to keep things going kept us going. The dream is being stolen right out from under our noses by people who come up with these dumb ass ideas that will line someones pocket book while stifling those who have a dream of owning a home, operating a small business, being able to afford that new car some day or just being able to pay the bills.

The people of this nation are being forced into a box by people who have a desire to have ultimate control.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  4. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    This has been proposed by The Obama, on the national level as well. "Cash for Clunkers" will be mandatory after next Congressional session, and will include "junk" parts outlawed. Got to get this recycling stopped!

5. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    They seem to have no clue of the impact their solutions will have. For the Ds it comes from a basic failure to understand incentives.

This particular policy is bent on getting us into energy efficient cars and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, as well as rebuilding our economy in alignment with those goals as quickly as possible, so that we don't have an opportunity to swerve away. They really do believe that they and the government have workable solutions, but their basic lack of understanding of incentives shows they do not. A first and early symptom of that lack of understanding is unintended consequences, and they abound.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  6. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Great, more government interfering with product sales to push failed products in favor of those that work, that's all this is.

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    What's the matter? You don't want a Government Motors Obama Pedal Car? Don't you wanna' save the Polar Bears? Jeez, look how insensitive you are!

8. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    The polar bears will evolve and adapt eventually so no, I don't care about them. :razz:

The really funny thing is that I have and plan on never driving or owning a car, I just don't like turning more of our lives over to the government.

9. neurosport

neurosport BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    sorry i am not impressed !

now if you can make a commitment to never own a computer i might say KK is cool ...

10. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    WTF are you babbling about? Just because I have never had a use for a car nor plan on it ... that equates to my love of technology how?