Banks Join Federal Pot Fight Against Sessions & Congress

Do you think banks etc. will get all 50 States in Congress to Agree to Remove Pot From Schedule 1?

• Not bloodly likely. The conservative states will balk.

• Sure, with a little nudging.

• Maybe, but won't that open the door for other popular drugs like heroin to justified too?

• I just ate a pot brownie & I'm seeing trails; gonna go drive my car and think about the question.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Hmmm.... Interesting: Banks take on Sessions over legalized pot

Even Jerome Powell, chairman of the Federal Reserve, is pushing for action on the issue.

“This is a very difficult area,” Powell said during a press conference this week. “It puts federally chartered banks in a very difficult situation. It would be great if that could be clarified.”...

Yes, but that will take an act of all 50 states agreeing since banks by and large are under federal restrictions on trade. Especially with cartels.

The American Bankers Association believes “the time has come for Congress and the regulatory agencies to provide greater legal clarity to banks operating in states where marijuana has been legalized for medical or adult use,” a spokesman said.

“Those banks, including institutions that have no interest in directly banking marijuana-related businesses, face rising legal and regulatory risks, and ever increasing ambiguity and uncertainty, as the marijuana industry grows,” the spokesman said. The ABA’s membership includes thousands of large and small banks.

I have a friend who used to work for a bank insured by the FDIC. I assure you, there is no ambiguity about banks doing business with people trading federally illegal, unregulated drugs. :popcorn:

Answer the poll. Discuss.

Members of Congress are even now scribbling legislation to remove it from Schedule 1. Trump has hinted he would sign such legislation.

Once off the federal dock, it would fall to the states to create law to control it, same as for alcohol. States would likely apply something similar to the three-tier system currently in place for alcohol distribution.

The banks could do as they now do with distilleries, distributors etc.

Members of Congress are even now scribbling legislation to remove it from Schedule 1. Trump has hinted he would sign such legislation.

Once off the federal dock, it would fall to the states to create law to control it, same as for alcohol. States would likely apply something similar to the three-tier system currently in place for alcohol distribution.

You speak about it as if it already was a done deal. Have you consulted with the majority of states that don't want it removed? You're aware of how our Legislature of state representatives works I assume?

You speak about it as if it already was a done deal. Have you consulted with the majority of states that don't want it removed? You're aware of how our Legislature of state representatives works I assume?

That would be their right. All legislation will do - should it pass - is take it off the federal rolls.

Just as there were "dry" states/towns that ultimately learned the economic lesson about banning alcohol.

Just as there were "dry" states/towns that ultimately learned the economic lesson about banning alcohol.
Just wondering for your sake how lucrative pot will be upon your projection? Booze takes some finesse to make. The Midwest will enjoy replacing 1,000s and 1,000s of acres of agriculture to their fantastic soils to grow millions and millions of pounds of pot that is simple and easy to mass produce. You've taken economics, right?

I guess the Mexican cartels will have to step up the heroin imports even more to offset even more of their losses should Congress go the way you want it to.

Just wondering for your sake how lucrative pot will be upon your projection? Booze takes some finesse to make. The Midwest will enjoy replacing 1,000s and 1,000s of acres of agriculture to their fantastic soils to grow millions and millions of pounds of pot that is simple and easy to mass produce. You've taken economics, right?

I guess the Mexican cartels will have to step up the heroin imports even more to offset even more of their losses should Congress go the way you want it to.

I suspect pot will be just as lucrative as the market and clientele will make it.

What does Jeff Sessions "know" about pot?

A: what his birdbrain parroted from

No, the school kids are already hooked on Lore Tab, OxyContin etc. from W and the Republican Congress SOCIALIZING senior drugs in 2004....

Pot is now too low end of a buzz for our kids thanks to the "conservatism" of the W years...

I suspect pot will be just as lucrative as the market and clientele will make it.
So...what...? Planning on marketing the surplus tonnage to kids in school?

Difficult to say how big the demand will be, since it is still illegal in most of the country. Also, if the US shows decent tax revenues, much of the world is likely to follow and open up an even larger market.

Remember cigarettes? They may be politically incorrect here, but the Chinese still smoke like Victorian chimneys.

No, the school kids are already hooked on Lore Tab, OxyContin etc. from W and the Republican Congress SOCIALIZING senior drugs in 2004....

Pot is now too low end of a buzz for our kids thanks to the "conservatism" of the W years...
So why is everyone for legalizing it then if there's no "up and coming" new markets?

Difficult to say how big the demand will be, since it is still illegal in most of the country. Also, if the US shows decent tax revenues, much of the world is likely to follow and open up an even larger market.

Remember cigarettes? They may be politically incorrect here, but the Chinese still smoke like Victorian chimneys.

Yeah because other countries can't grow the much more wide-climate-tolerant hemp plant. See, no offense but you are the poster child for why people who are addled on pot shouldn't be planning strategies for pot.

Yep, can't grow pot in China...the Orient...you know...WHERE IT CAME FROM ORIGINALLY. :lmao:

So why is everyone for legalizing it then if there's no "up and coming" new markets?

The market will increase once legal. Many just don't want the hassle. I haven't smoked since 1996 as that sort of legal entanglement would sully my sterling reputation, but once legal, I'll be looking for a fine Sativa.

Some Americans are actually for AMERICA.... which you aren't.

Legalizing weed in America today means...

1. a plus $300 billion to Uncle Sam
2. stopping US dollars from flowing out of the US into the hands of murderous anti-American narcotraficantes....
3. employing more Americans who also pay American taxes
4. giving a therapeutic plant the green light to help millions with pain, nausea, migraines etc.

The market will increase once legal.

Another SUB HUMAN load of Bull designed to install FEAR to stop the US from doing what is best for the US.

The ATTORNEY LOBBY doesn't want legalization because they make tons of money off the Prohibition of weed.

why people who are addled on pot shouldn't be planning strategies for pot

YOU and YOUR FELLOW ATTORNEYS are the ones ADDICTED to the MONEY off pot prohibition, and you will have BIG TIME WITHDRAW SYMPTOMS when it is legalized.... in your WALLET.

Yeah because other countries can't grow the much more wide-climate-tolerant hemp plant. See, no offense but you are the poster child for why people who are addled on pot shouldn't be planning strategies for pot.

As noted earlier, I haven't indulged in 20 years, and I was never "addled" by it.

1. a plus $300 billion to Uncle Sam
2. stopping US dollars from flowing out of the US into the hands of murderous anti-American narcotraficantes....
3. employing more Americans who also pay American taxes
4. giving a therapeutic plant the green light to help millions with pain, nausea, migraines etc.

1. Selling surplus tonnage to who? And at what price if there's such a backlog surplus? (I think your figure there might be a WEE bit off).
2. US dollars will simply flow out to heroin when cartels up that trade to offset US-flooded pot markets (see #1)
3. The type of work will be given to Hispanics as traditional in agriculture. Illegals will do most of the work as always for almost no pay (see #1).
4. People could grow enough for themselves in many states or they just did it anyway. No need for BigPharma to put their finger in the game.

LOL.

'Booze'- beer- alcohol- takes almost no finesse to make- now to make good alcohol does take finesse.

If the Midwest chooses to put acreage into pot- they can do so- that is simple economics- it might allow some farmers to keep their farms.

As far as Mexican cartels- why are you upset that legal pot will take away revenue from the cartels? Why do you want money going to the cartels?

Silhouette will lie and lie and lie to stop pot from legalizing

because Silhouette makes money as a LAWYER because of the completely bogus prohibition of pot based on taxpayer funded fraud known as "Reefer Madness"

How much does it cost the US taxpayer to put a pot user in prison for a year???

Silhouette doesn't care as long as Silhouette makes money putting the pot user in jail....

Forum List

Back