Bank of America pays back TARP funds

The desire of folks to retire early while not saving for retirement do amaze me. For the record I only believe social security is necessary due to those human failings.

So we should keep giving humans a safety net to fall into so they can continue to fail and not learn from it?

The reason people don't save for retirement is becuase most truely believe that the safety net is enough for them. Maybe we should yank the safety net out from under them so they're FORCED to be financially prudent.

Or is that just too "mean"?

Maybe its because their money keeps shrinking and the inflation keeps raising.

Average incomes have gone nowhere the last few years and EVERYTHING has gone up. Some things like medical care and college for the kids have skyrocketed.

Thank a republican

The desire of folks to retire early while not saving for retirement do amaze me. For the record I only believe social security is necessary due to those human failings.

So we should keep giving humans a safety net to fall into so they can continue to fail and not learn from it?

The reason people don't save for retirement is becuase most truely believe that the safety net is enough for them. Maybe we should yank the safety net out from under them so they're FORCED to be financially prudent.

Or is that just too "mean"?

Maybe its because their money keeps shrinking and the inflation keeps raising.

Average incomes have gone nowhere the last few years and EVERYTHING has gone up. Some things like medical care and college for the kids have skyrocketed.

Thank a republican

Yep, it's all the republicans fault that inflation is rising. :rolleyes:

It's got nothing to do with the Federal Reserve, Bernanke, the FOMC, etc.

Just republicans.

And people in their late 50's who are approaching retirement and never saved a single fucking dollar have only republicans to blame for their inability to retire comfortably. When they're trying to get by on just SS and Medicare and still have to work to make ends meet, it's only the fault of republicans. Not the people themselves for not saving. Just republicans.

Forum List

Back