Ban affirmative action. Support equality based on merit.

Vop mrs. The glaring point that in many cases people who aren't White don't get the same opportunities as white people.

I agree that formative action is not the right way to go since it just creates a quota system are you have to have X number of minority involvement, but the Opie wants to pretend that everyone has equal opportunity and equal access to things like education and jobs when statistics clearly show that isn't true.

Exactly...the democrat party is keeping Asian Americans out of universities because they score higher and do better than everyone else...that is called racism......and the democrat party is the one doing it...just like all the other racism in the country.
Remember when the US advocated for EXCELLENCE, to be the best in the world? Then, we decided to embrace "equity" so everyone has to be "dumbed down" to the level of the least of us. RIP USA.
The US never advocated for excellence. It advocated for white male preference.

That's why we forced the democrats to free their black slaves, and why we fought the democrats to give blacks equal Rights?

You are an idiot.
None of those things happened like you claim.
  1. The republican party is the party of the Corwin Amendment that would have made slavery constitutional.
  2. The republican party is the party of the 1876 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.
  3. 4 out of the 7 votes in for separate but equal in Plessy v. Ferguson were republican and that decision made Jim Crow national law.
  4. In 1964 the Republican party turned it’s back on blacks after nearly 100 years of solid black support.
  5. Today’s Republican Party is controlled by an Anti-Black base.
  6. The Republican Party is the party that voted against the 2019 Voting Rights Improvement Act.
Stop lying to yourself white man.

So you want someone to work hard for $10 per hour? No way no how. Pay is always equated with expected productivity. The more pay the harder one works. The less pay the less one works. As it should be.
Some get paid for what they do and some get paid for what they know. Invariably, the people who "know" get paid more. You cannot expect to sweep the floor and get $100K a year, moron. Working smarter does not equate to working harder that is why a college degree usually guarantees a more lucrative result over a lifetime
You need to realize, you're talking to someone that wants to be paid for nothing.

We should do away with preferences for skin color, gender, sexuality. That is discrimination. Those who support affirmative action support discrimination. Those who support discrimination are bigots and supremacists.

Hence, the supporters of affirmative action are bigots and supremacists, as if that isn't the most obvious insight since someone said the sun is hot..

Why are the Democrats so afraid of equality? The democrat party has never supported equality. It has supported

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

What is wrong with a merit standard?

If you believe your own demographic is too inferior to stand up in an equal merit based society, does that not make you a bigot and supremacist?

The left cannot debate this issue.

They rather will respond with hate and card tosses...
You'll fit in great here, getting everything exactly ass backwards is a popular stance around here.
Did your parents have any children that weren't mentally challenged?
People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.
> People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.

OldLady, you just said that hiring based upon race is not racist. Literally.

You don't fight racism by instituting racist policies.

Instead of an insult you deserve, I'll give you a compliment... Cute avatar. :)
Racism involves believing other groups are inferior to yours. It's not a racist policy to break centuries of bigotry by encouraging minorities get a chance.

Yes...it is. It is called racism no matter what the intent....and discriminating against people because people in the past with their same skin color did bad things is called racism....
In the past? Things are better; we are slowly convincing people that a black, a woman, a Latino, a Native American, can do an equally good job as the average white guy. But there are still plenty of people who don't see it and would still not give those people a chance to succeed or fail.
so you want to GIVE minorities a chance by forcing people to hire them even if they arent qualified,,

not sure i would want to fly in that plane,,,
Those students are being accepted to a training school. If they don't demonstrate competence, they won't pass. Therefore, they won't fly. What gives you the idea that these minority candidates will be any less qualified when they're trained?

you mean like the kid in baltimore that cant read and is in 12th grade??

We should do away with preferences for skin color, gender, sexuality. That is discrimination. Those who support affirmative action support discrimination. Those who support discrimination are bigots and supremacists.

Hence, the supporters of affirmative action are bigots and supremacists, as if that isn't the most obvious insight since someone said the sun is hot..

Why are the Democrats so afraid of equality? The democrat party has never supported equality. It has supported

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

If you believe your own demographic is too inferior to stand up in an equal merit based society, does that not make you a bigot and supremacist?

You'll fit in great here, getting everything exactly ass backwards is a popular stance around here.

We can't do away with AA yet because there are still too many bigots around
who wouldn't give those people a chance.
How many minorities are you employing?

Vop mrs. The glaring point that in many cases people who aren't White don't get the same opportunities as white people.

I agree that formative action is not the right way to go since it just creates a quota system are you have to have X number of minority involvement, but the Opie wants to pretend that everyone has equal opportunity and equal access to things like education and jobs when statistics clearly show that isn't true.

Exactly...the democrat party is keeping Asian Americans out of universities because they score higher and do better than everyone else...that is called racism......and the democrat party is the one doing it...just like all the other racism in the country.
Remember when the US advocated for EXCELLENCE, to be the best in the world? Then, we decided to embrace "equity" so everyone has to be "dumbed down" to the level of the least of us. RIP USA.

That's why we forced the democrats to free their black slaves, and why we fought the democrats to give blacks equal Rights?

You are an idiot.
  1. The republican party is the party of the Corwin Amendment that would have made slavery constitutional.
  2. The republican party is the party of the 1876 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.
  3. 4 out of the 7 votes in for separate but equal in Plessy v. Ferguson were republican and that decision made Jim Crow national law.
  4. In 1964 the Republican party turned it’s back on blacks after nearly 100 years of solid black support.
  6. The Republican Party is the party that voted against the 2019 Voting Rights Improvement Act.
You do realize the Republican party was started by blacks? Stop watching CNN.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.
> People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.

Racism involves believing other groups are inferior to yours. It's not a racist policy to break centuries of bigotry by encouraging minorities get a chance.

you think minorities need your encouragement? I don’t know sounds awfully paternalistic
I'm not one who hires or selects students to my university. But some of them do, yeah.
> I'm not one who hires or selects students to my university. But some of them [minorities] do, yeah.

OldLady, that's just more racism from you. Some of every group of people requires encouragement to succeed.

You keep focusing on skin color, when you should be focused on character. Extra help should be based upon need, not DNA. Counting skin colors and lowering standards for people based upon ethnicity is inherently racist and has been illegal for over 55 years..

You are an idiot.
You do realize the Republican party was started by blacks? Stop watching CNN.
Oh, and I think you are smart enough to get an id on your own. Your fellow democrats think you're stupid.

Holding minorities to a lower standard hasn’t worked for any group in particular. Maybe it’s helped a some people that are minorities that are unqualified get jobs and preferential treatment , but is that really a good thing for our society?

You have to put up with the corrupt life-ruining car-trashing home-wrecking idiot jackasses who proctor and grade the academic "exams" administered for such purposes.
There's a prissy librarian who doesn't like you, and your exam papers disappeared in the back office, and your court papers disappeared from your lawyer's office when cops after cops picked you up for loitering, trespassing, prostitution, trying on clothes, hitting on a pretty girl, or some other felony in the district, and now you're trying to get your life back together and your things in gear. How do you come off so pretty yourself with a one-up on all that bullshit going on downtown, because you're fucked just like everybody else and there ain't no "merit" going to help you, because you're just gonna get the shit beat out of you downtown and the cops will spit in your face if you think you "merited" anything in this life.

Nope. I'm saying minorities deserve an equal chance. We tried just telling people to do it; they didn't. So we went to policies.
Should we apply these policies across the board or just in certain areas?

"According to racial equality activist Richard Lapchick, the NBA in 2020 was composed of 74.2 percent black players, 16.9 percent white players, 2.2 percent Latino players of any race, and 0.4 percent Asian players."

You have to put up with the corrupt life-ruining car-trashing home-wrecking idiot jackasses who proctor and grade the academic "exams" administered for such purposes.
There's a prissy librarian who doesn't like you, and your exam papers disappeared in the back office, and your court papers disappeared from your lawyer's office when cops after cops picked you up for loitering, trespassing, prostitution, trying on clothes, hitting on a pretty girl, or some other felony in the district, and now you're trying to get your life back together and your things in gear. How do you come off so pretty yourself with a one-up on all that bullshit going on downtown, because you're fucked just like everybody else and there ain't no "merit" going to help you, because you're just gonna get the shit beat out of you downtown and the cops will spit in your face if you think you "merited" anything in this life.
Boo Hoo, cry me a river. Life is tough, it is tougher when you're stupid.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

you think minorities need your encouragement? I don’t know sounds awfully paternalistic
I'm not one who hires or selects students to my university. But some of them do, yeah.
> I'm not one who hires or selects students to my university. But some of them [minorities] do, yeah.

OldLady, that's just more racism from you. Some of every group of people requires encouragement to succeed.

You keep focusing on skin color, when you should be focused on character. Extra help should be based upon need, not DNA. Counting skin colors and lowering standards for people based upon ethnicity is inherently racist and has been illegal for over 55 years..
I agree if everyone were that fair minded, that would be right. Everyone is not that fair minded.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

I agree if everyone were that fair minded, that would be right. Everyone is not that fair minded.
who are you to force people to your will??

thats a fascist trait not one of free people,,

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

who are you to force people to your will??

thats a fascist trait not one of free people,,
We have laws making it illegal to discriminate. AA enforces them in employment and education.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

Everyone is not that fair minded. I agree but you are defending the unfairness on one side while vilifying it on the other side. That is the same as Affirmative Action. Equality means equal treatment. Giving preferential treatment based on ethnicity is RACISM and "preferential" is contrary to "equal."

Forum List

Back