Balancing the grid

LOL.....That pic reminds me of the battery farms in the Matrix.

Guy says vast amounts of energy STORAGE required to fix the sketchy performance of renewables. And its expensive. So instead -- they're gonna turn off power at the end user at will.

Connected GLOBALLY??? are you shitting me? How much electricity does Argentina get from the US???

120 Million American homes. Air conditioners, electric vehicle chargers WE WILL CONTROL. Including your water heater and fridge.

GO live in California where they STARTED this ass fart about a decade ago.. THEY ARE "instantly turning off" all you Internet connected appliances when THEY need to. And they're STILL SUCKING WIND on GENERATION and wont acknowledge it.

How do you do this AROUND THE GLOBE? Electricity doesn't link up "around the globe"... Is this guy HIGH????

He's not repositioning ANYTHING. Not sending magical packets of energy by internet. It's all command/control of YOUR STUFF.. Means if California grid sucks at 8PM because the sun's sleepy and the wind is lazy -- YOUR CAR CHARGER will be shut down so the hospitals and grocery stores dont lose patients or tons of food.

But when you wake up to commute the next morning and you get a nice text saying your car DIDNT NEED more than 3 hours of charging last night -- so we blinked it off for you -- you'll understand the "genius" of this plan..

Doesn't mean he's beaming in energy from a Lithuanian Nuclear plant to help Cali.

THis is not "having a think" -- it's more like dystopian engineering -- when you've GIVEN UP on being energy adequate 24/7/365,.

You can SMELL the desperation here.

Fancy word salad video for energy rationing.

Cali sold it to people for discounts on their bills. And a lot of people and companies signed up. I haven't checked on how happy the "guinea pigs" are today, but I wager a lot have opted out the WORSE the Cali grid GENERATION sources get.

So -- remember -- that very cool and techy NEST thermostat that you have that's connected to Alexa and the WHOLE FRICKIN' world -- If this "deep think" project came to fruition -- YOU DONT CONTROL IT. Meaning the fights you've had with the wife and kids about setting a temperature -- will seem trivial and funny.

Waiting on the MANDATES to include IOT (internet of Things) connections in all home products that consume more than 200Watts. Instead of browning or blinking out -- it'll be fun to watch as one device after the other comes on/off.

And you can WRECK an 8 or $10K HVAC system by killing it fans and all too many times in a short period.

Forum List

Back