Bain Capital closing Illinois Plant

Oh, everything is fine. Rupurt Murdoch said so.

Well, that's a load off my mind.

(Oh, that's Sarcasm, Toto. Everything is not fine, and there are a lot of angry people out there. Sadly, most of it is misdirected.)
Yes, and the current presidential admin saddles 100% of the blame.

Right, Obama was totally responsible for the Economic Crash that occured before he got into office.

I know you really, really need to believe that.

Dated: Friday 10 August 2012 11.15 EDT

Romney hasn't been at Bain for how long now?

Nothing to see here.

still his company with his attitude towards working people.

Still his company? Really? You have documentation proving he still retains ownership? Please... link?

It's not like Bain folks were saying. "Damn! The Mormon's Gone. QUick, let's go out and fire working people and cheat them out of their pensions...."

Because they were doing that kind of shit when Romney was there.

Romney set the example and recruited like minded people.

He shows himself when he says shit like, "I like to fire people" and "I don't care about the 47%".

BTW, the CEO of GM said in this video almost 7 out of 10 GM cars are built outside of the U.S.

GM is sending much of it's production to China.

Here he is talking about it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r19LxtnzCIQ]General Motors Has Become China Motors - YouTube[/ame]

Guy, you can whine like a little bitch all day.

If you are hated by me, you've probably done something to deserve it. Individually or collectively.

For an individual in such a tenuous position, defending unions and especially public sector unions, you are quite arrogant to believe you are the center of everyone's attention.
Quite frankly, your feelings about us conservatives carry but a flyspeck of importance.

Yes, you spend a whole lot of time not caring what I say... really.

Unions created the middle class. They made America a great country. This country was built by men in denim, not men in suits.

About time you all put down the Ayn Rand... you've mistaken parasites for vital organs.

No it was the workers who made and still make the country great. As do the creators and investors.
In fact it is people with ideas and capital that are at the beginning of any venture. They take the risks. They invest the capital. They invent the ideas. THAT puts people to work.
Without the prime ingredient which is capital, nothing gets done.

No labor collective ever made a thing great. And now labor collectives have served their purpose. Time for them to go away.

No... The author says those are the figures after inflation. I would submit that the authors interpretation of "Purchasing Power" is flat out wrong or uses factors that are irreverent.

Please don't do this. I just finished banging my head with an utterly clueless poster who argued that GDP growth wasn't economic growth. Please don't tell me that purchasing power isn't income after inflation.
OH no... It absolutely is. The problem is I can't find any information to back up your source. It's just flat out wrong. You seem to trust that blog. I don't. I don't even trust the news. I question it. And damnit... It's not possible given numbers that I can find anywhere that purchasing power has gone up unless they are using some seriously fucked up numbers or adding factors to inflate it.

Purchasing power (sometimes retroactively called adjusted for inflation) is the amount of goods or services that can be purchased with a unit of currency. For example, if you had taken one dollar to a store in the 1950s, you would have been able to buy a greater number of items than you would today, indicating that you would have had a greater purchasing power in the 1950s. ...

A higher real income means a higher purchasing power since real income refers to the income adjusted for inflation.

Purchasing power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This isn't debatable. It's the first or second class of a first year economics course.
You are absolutely correct. It is not debatable. The difference is I checked the math someone else did. You did not. OR... And it's possible... My math is fucked up.

So now I ask you to do the math yourself. Don't trust a site... You seem like you know how to do it... But you aren't... WHY?

IS this WRONG??? Was there not 18% inflation between 2005 and 2012???
Edit: No responses? Need it simplified further? No problem.

If you made: 30k a year in 2005 you need to be making 35,400 right now to break even to buy the same things you did in 2005

If you made: 50k a year in 2005 you need to be making 59,000 right now to break even to buy the same things you did in 2005

If you made: 100k a year in 2005 you need to be making 118,000 right now to break even to buy the same things you did in 2005

Please... If I'm wrong someone tell me.

DON'T TRUST ME. DON'T TRUST A SITE. DO YOUR OWN MATH.
Frankly I have always frowned upon people who bump just to do it. But it's what I'm doing now.

Please... If I'm wrong don't let me run around and say the things I do. Believe it or not I have an awful lot of pull with people in my life. If I'm wrong, you're doing me a favor by proving it.

WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! Hello, McFly! Anyone home?!

Once more, from the top: the K-car saved Chrysler. The K-car based minivans (1984) turned Chrysler into a money machine. (Two years after introducing the minivans, they bought AMC to get the Jeep brand.) This is not debatable.

Whack whack whack..Is there any reason why you have to be a wise ass?
Look, do us a favor. Put me on ignore. Cuz I'm through with you....Wise ass.

The reason being: I am trying to get through your thick skull to your tiny, walnut-sized brain, DUMBASS!

WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! Hello, McFly! Anyone home?!

Once more, from the top: the K-car saved Chrysler. The K-car based minivans (1984) turned Chrysler into a money machine. (Two years after introducing the minivans, they bought AMC to get the Jeep brand.) This is not debatable.

The reason being: I am trying to get through your thick skull to your tiny, walnut-sized brain, DUMBASS!

You took over a week to respond. And you could not let it go.
Well now let's see who will win this battle of insults.
My advice to you. Stand down.
There are no rules in a street fight.

The Ed show is going to be broadcasting from Freeport, now called "Bain Port" this Friday.

Republicans see these middle class Americans losing their jobs and laugh and laugh. They think it's hilarious these people had to train Chinese who will be doing their jobs. They think paying the Chinese 99 cents an hour is "good business". They say, "Oh, but Bain saved that company" when that company has been in business for decades and was not going under.

Republicans on the USMB laugh hysterically when they find out that Mitt "fight the Chinese" Romney refused to even try to help these "little people". He stands to make a lot of money off this move. Republicans believe that it's much more important that Mitt gets more money than what might happen to a couple of hundred Americans. Fuck 'em. They are the "little people". Soon to be part of the 47%. Worthless, no good.

Besides, Mitt wants to bring immigrants here who already have degrees. Then the country doesn't have to "waste money" trying to train Americans who are already here.

Immigration | Mitt Romney for President
No Dean, they are coming after YOU.
You can't amke up this stuff.
Bain has nothing to do with this company.
But,,why should you libs worry about the truth getting in the way of a good story.
Guess what Dean....Nobody cares..Not in the political gotcha sense that you geniuses are portraying.

*blink*blink*

You're a poo-poo head.

*blink*blink*

You're a poo-poo head.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrW80uaKG1M&feature=related]Curb Your Enthusiasm Tourettes - Clip - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Those figures are after inflation. Almost all reported economic figures are.
No... The author says those are the figures after inflation. I would submit that the authors interpretation of "Purchasing Power" is flat out wrong or uses factors that are irreverent.

And yes, most people I know make more money now in nominal terms than they did in 2005.
They have had a 18% raise? Good for you and your friends. Anyone that reads this post... Think to yourself. Have I got a 18% raise in the last 7 years?

When most of you come to the conclusion that no.. You did not. Don't worry, that's the majority of us as well. Toro and his friends have done all the things they had to do to not be a part of the majority. Good on them I say.

However... I will fault both you and your friends for not recognizing the situations around you. You know... The little people making less than 100k, or people just coming into the employment game.

...the people whose low wage labor props up the profits on your "investments."

I had a conversation with someone whose investments relied on that very thing. HE said all the talking points of the elite class. I pointed out that those people have no obligation or interest in seeing to global corporate or their bottom line.

222487_548491475176368_2085985433_n.jpg

No plant that makes money should close unless the over all business is losing money.
The facts in this case is the employees and the media are blaming the wrong people.
Bain is not involved. Bain is not closing the plant.
The employees should be looking to the company for which they work.
This is a made up story for political reasons.
Quite frankly if Bain did not show up, the plant would have closed years ago.
Of course nobody wants to discuss that.
Oh, one more thing. The primary function of a business is to turn a profit for the owners/investors. Period.
Now here is the trap...
Your side claims Obama has created 5 million jobs. Your side claims the jobless rate is 7.8%. Your side claims the economic picture is better than ever. So based on that logic, the people at this plant, if they are the fine workers they claim to be, should have NO problems finding jobs in the new and improved Obama economy, correct?
See how this works?...
Oh, while you weep, get a bunch of people together and buy the plant yourself. Keep it open...That's an absurdity used to make a point.. Ok, where are all those well monied celebrities and other wealthy limouzine liberals who offer lip service to the liberal cause? Why are they not saving these people's jobs? If the plant was turning a profit then George Soros, George Clooney or Bruce Springsteen may be wise to invest in such a business. Let them walk the walk...How about it?

Forum List

Back