Badnarik on 'How to Empower Minorities Without Reverse Discrimination!'

tpahl

Jun 7, 2004
Cascadia
Are any other candidates offering such a plan to empower minorities?

http://www.badnarik.org/Issues/Discrimination.php

Barriers to self-employment discriminate against minorities because few can afford the time and money necessary to tackle the red tape. Even minorities who would never start their own business get more respect from employers when they have the option to choose differently.

Kathianne said:
Well, GW has had more minorities in his cabinet than any president before.

including minorities in his cabinent is great. But it does little for the remaining 99.99999% of minorities in the country. So I repeat, is any other candidate doing anything to empower minorities?

Now, I'm still waiting for an answer to our previous discussion:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=133743#post133743

Sorry, I missed that post. I have now responded.

I am just curious why any president should be charged with empowering minorities.

By treating them as equals, Bush has "empowered" every one of them. To expect more is not empowering them it's infantilizing them.

End of story.

Moi said:
I am just curious why any president should be charged with empowering minorities.

By treating them as equals, Bush has "empowered" every one of them. To expect more is not empowering them it's infantilizing them.

End of story.

If you read the article, Badnarik is not really 'empowering' them. He is getting government out of the way. Bush is not empowering nor is he getting government out of the way. Bushs increase in domestic spending and increase in federal regulations has made it harder for minorities to get ahead. In fact it has made it harder for all people to get ahead.

Travis

tpahl said:
If you read the article, Badnarik is not really 'empowering' them. He is getting government out of the way. Bush is not empowering nor is he getting government out of the way. Bushs increase in domestic spending and increase in federal regulations has made it harder for minorities to get ahead. In fact it has made it harder for all people to get ahead.

Travis
He certainly hasn't made it more difficult for anyone that I know to get ahead. As far as I'm concerned by championing tax cuts, crack downs on corporate crime and otherwise he's made it much easier to get ahead for everyone.

Moi said:
He certainly hasn't made it more difficult for anyone that I know to get ahead. As far as I'm concerned by championing tax cuts,

His tax cuts are so small and spread out over such a long time that the barely qualify for a cut in my book. On top of that he has not accompianed it with a decrease in spending, which is the most important part.

crack downs on corporate crime and otherwise he's made it much easier to get ahead for everyone.

It has made it slightly harder for the super rich to cheat their way into more money, but he has not removed any obstacles for the poor or middle class to make money in an honest way. Badnarik would actually remove obstacles for everyday people to earn a living. I applaud Bush for stopping criminals from stealing and cheating for a living, but that is not helping anyone else. It is a seperate issue, and one where Bush has done some good. He has however still not done as much as is needed even in that regard.

Travis

I disagree with your opinion about tax cuts, as does the overall recovery of the economy is such an uncharacteristically short time frame.

Badnarik may have great ideas too but that doesn't discount that Bush has helped this country and thus minorities bounce back from a looming depression brought about by the Clinton era economic follies.

Moi said:
I disagree with your opinion about tax cuts, as does the overall recovery of the economy is such an uncharacteristically short time frame.

Badnarik may have great ideas too but that doesn't discount that Bush has helped this country and thus minorities bounce back from a looming depression brought about by the Clinton era economic follies.

How can you disagree? Bush has not cut spending. The tax cut decreased the overall tax burden on the country by a tiny tiny percent. What percent would you consider to be a the minimum to still be considered a major tax cut? And the time period for the effect of the tax cuts is over 2.5 presidential terms.

Badnarik is proposing to elliminate the IRS IMMEDIATELY. None of this 1-2% tax cuts spread out over ten years crap. That is not a tax cut. AND he would accompany it by huge spending DECREASES. That is not spending increases that are smaller than the year befores increases. But actualy budgets that are smaller than the year before.

Badnarik is a TRUE fiscal conservative, that is what the poor need in this country, LESS government.

Bush is a fiscal Liberal. His policies to help the poor are the same as the Democrats, more government. This country will not be able to take too much more government.

Travis

B

Forum List

Back