Bad: The Michael Jackson Case

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Bad
By Jonah Goldberg for National Review
May 9, 2005

In one of my favorite episodes of the Simpsons, Troy McLure — famed Hollywood personality and star of such classics as The Greatest Story Every Hula-ed and They Came to Burgle Carnegie Hall — needs to get hitched in a sham marriage to Homer's sister-in-law in order to save his career. You see, Troy has a dark secret. When asked if it's that he's gay, McClure responds, "Gay? I wish! If I were gay they'd be no problem! No, what I have is a romantic abnormality, one so unbelievable that it must be hidden from the public at all cost."

I bring this up because a) I still laugh at it, and b) the prosecution has rested its case against Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson's perversions are as close as we have today to Troy McLure's situation. Of course, the key difference is that Troy's terrible secret seemed to involve tropical fish. That's funny. Jackson's more terrible and less secret perversion is that it involves little boys.

http://www.nationalreview.com/goldberg/goldberg200505090811.asp

Yes, personally, I do. Long ago he should have spent some of his money on professional help for his problems. But I guess you have to recognize you have a problem first. What's your opinion?

Adam's Apple said:
Yes, personally, I do. Long ago he should have spent some of his money on professional help for his problems. But I guess you have to recognize you have a problem first. What's your opinion?

I remember that interview, the questioner kept reasking the question, "Do you really think it is okay for young boys to sleep in the same bed as an adult man?"

MJ, kept answering "Yes. It's 'natural'."

Forum List

Back