Some Blind Date Do's & Don'ts

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
10 Blind Date Dos and Don'ts
By Samantha Daniels for msn.match.com
May 12, 2005

As a matchmaker, I not only set people up on carefully planned blind dates, I also coach them on being the best dater they can be. Over the years, I’ve helped thousands of couples make a connection. Here, I’ve culled my very best insider advice. My goal? To maximize your chances for blind-date success:

1. Do say yes to all the blind dates people offer to send you on. My grandmother always told me, “If you get invited, you go; you never know who you are going to meet.” This has been my advice to people ever since. Even if your blind date doesn’t prove to be the One for you, you never know to whom that person could introduce you. One caveat: If you are simply burned out on blind dates, take a break; you’ll come back to it a little while later feeling energized and excited for a new adventure.

2. Don’t spend too much time on the phone before a blind date. It’s better to have a brief, 5- to 10-minute conversation—just enough to create a foundation so you will feel comfortable on the actual date—then say good-bye. A long conversation will only cause you to create a lot of unrealistic expectations that the person will never be able to live up to. (When I send my clients out on their dates, I don’t allow them to talk on the phone at all beforehand for this very reason.)

3. Do go for drinks instead of dinner. Drinks are much less pressure. Dinner can feel daunting for a blind date because you have to make it through the entire meal before you can leave, whereas drinks can be brought to a close at any point. And keep in mind that if you are hitting it off, drinks can always turn into dinner or the scheduling of a second date. (The policy at my company is that the first date is always for drinks.)

for full article
http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid3895&articleSrc=5&lid=164

A blind date is only good for one thing. They let you see just how well or poorly your friends actually think of you.

no1tovote4 said:
A blind date is only good for one thing. They let you see just how well or poorly your friends actually think of you.
Or how good of a sense of humor you both have!

Forum List

Back