Bachmann - Candidate without a church

Bachmann was smart to quit this church. They are well known to be anti-Catholic.

Although the timing makes it look more politically expedient than an honest abhorrence to the church's bigotry.

have you watched her on TV interviews? I haven't heard anything new since the first one.

And yes im a teapartier saying bachman has told me NOTHING other than the same limited talking points she has and I find that, well, lame.

I prefer romney or cain (if he could shut his mouth on the muslim thing) to bachman...hell i might take Palin over Bachman (please give me a different choice republicans).

I am suffering from ABO syndrome right now but still, i dont know if the ABO is strong enough to counter how I feel on this one.

(Anybody but Obama syndrome, a mutation of the ABB syndrome)

I will take Romney, maybe even Perry, over Obama.

You assume there is ALWAYS a better person available.
And those assumptions have us where we are NOW.
There is no such thing as "throwing their vote away" in a free society.
You take the right to vote for granted.

Well your reading comprehension problem seem to be worsening as you don't have a clue what I assume or what I take for granted. So as we cannot have a discussion on the concepts but you seem determined to make it about me, I will choose to wish you a nice day and move on.
Good for you. Much admiration. I would have been quicker to slam the door.

You mean throwing in the white towel.

Good for you. Much admiration. I would have been quicker to slam the door.

I don't mind folks disagreeing with me. The board would be dull as mud (or something) if we didn't share different points of view. But once they go ad hominem, I know that any chance of coherant discussion is over and there's no point in continuing the discussion. I also know I won the argument/conflict/debate. :)
I prefer to cut them off at the knees. They aren't here for cogent discussion. YOU have the patience of Job...I tip the fedora in your honor.

You claim to "cut them off at the knees" on an internet message board?:lol::lol:
You funny man.

T is unable to intelligently debate or cogitate about the issues. He is a knee jerk Righty Extremist Fascist.

The question is not that Bachmann quit her church for political expediency, but whether she still maintains a rather extreme prejudice against the Catholic Church, still considers the Pope to be an agent of the devil and continues to hope for "the end of times".

I'd rather not have a POTUS hoping for an "end of times"; would any sane person?

God Damn end of time.

Bachmann was smart to quit this church. They are well known to be anti-Catholic.

Although the timing makes it look more politically expedient than an honest abhorrence to the church's bigotry.

have you watched her on TV interviews? I haven't heard anything new since the first one.

And yes im a teapartier saying bachman has told me NOTHING other than the same limited talking points she has and I find that, well, lame.

I prefer romney or cain (if he could shut his mouth on the muslim thing) to bachman...hell i might take Palin over Bachman (please give me a different choice republicans).

I am suffering from ABO syndrome right now but still, i dont know if the ABO is strong enough to counter how I feel on this one.

I am for the winner, not the loser....Obama 2012.

I am for the winner, not the loser....Obama 2012.

Well, there's some critical thinking... and good luck with that.

I had to go all the way back to Page 1 to find this post that I intended to address, but got sidetracked. :)

Yes, I think manifold's perception is right that it was at least in part a politically expedient move to leave the church when she did and I don't have a problem with that. I think she and Mr. Bachmann were contemplating it anyway though or they would have simply moved to a different Lutheran congregation. You can go back through recent history and find numerous politicians who quit this or that club or changed this or that affiliation because such affliliations could be a political liability. Bill Clinton, for instance, dubbed the nation's 'first 'black' President' belonged to an all white country club. I don't believe that was due to anything racist or anything else. He just liked being a part of the club. But it was expedient for him to discontinue that affiliation too.

And as for Pilgrim's comment--one of my favorite posters by the way :)--I don't want somebody who pretends expertise on anything and everything because nobody has it. They all are particularly good at some things and will need to rely on strong staffers to teach them and guide them through other things if they are elected. For instance, based on experience and qualifications alone, George H.W. Bush was better qualified than Reagan to be President, but Reagan was the best choice we had in that election.

Reagan ran pretty much on a three-note platform: getting government off the backs of the people, restore economic prosperity by lowering certain taxes and controlling certain spending and a balanced budget, and rebuild a badly decimated military. He didn't accomplish all he promised of course, but his policies did turn around a really bad economy and ushered in one of the longest peacetime eras of prosperity this nation had known.

Bachmann is also pretty three-note in her Tea Party inspired platform: lower taxes and less restrictive regulation, rein in spending with smaller more effective government, and restore Constitutional intent. As I see it, that she is focused on specific goals instead of pretending to be all things to all people is a plus on her side.

Again she is not currently my choice among GOP hopefuls. But if she should somehow pull out the nomination and becomes the opponent tio Barack Hussein Obama, I think we could do a whole lot worse. I would vote for her over say a John McCain in a heartbeat.

Forum List

Back