[B]Yellowstone System Alert Just Announced The Massive Dome Shaped Uplift Is Still Increasing In Size[/B]

It came damn close with the Permian extinction, which was caused by volcanic activity.

Maybe. That is one possibility. However, there was far less actual land, and there was far less biomass period. So, it was much easier to kill mass quantities.

Maybe. That is one possibility. However, there was far less actual land, and there was far less biomass period. So, it was much easier to kill mass quantities.
Mother Nature is the greatest thing on earth but She can be a bitch sometimes. Just look at those poor people in Mississippi.

Mother Nature is the greatest thing on earth but She can be a bitch sometimes. Just look at those poor people in Mississippi.

Believe me, I know. I spent a career cleaning giant messes up. I'm a retired environmental geologist and have spent years in the field which I prefer to lab work.

I spent quite a bit of time up in the Deccan plateau (the source of the vulcanism you referenced) so know the theory well.

What is sad is how ignorant people are of the world in which they live. You talk about Mississippi, that was merely a localized storm, but the flood plain of the Mississippi River in certain areas is 200 miles wide.

Imagine the storms that have created that landform over the millennium.

Actually it could happen anytime.....however it's not " due to erupt", according to historical figures for another 90,000 years. So you're probably ( hopefully ) right.
It can erupt anytime it wants too. AOC and the like will be the first to melt down mentally, ohhh wait that's already happened.

How about this climate crap in which they have been claiming is going to kill us all by this date or that date ??? ... LOL.... I believe the volcano will blow before that bull shite comes to pass.

Y
Certainly will be less talk about climate change... that's for sure... will be too busy looking for firewood to stay warm.
Yeah that will be some serious climate change for sure. Firewood will be in short supply quickly, and this plastic shite everything is built out of probably wouldn't keep a gnats ace warm if tried to burn it.

Hmmm, one would think that bad news about a possible build up of pressure is uhhhh or would be bad for tourism. Well then again unless the suiciders flock to it in hopes to go that way when they go. We do got some weird so called tourist running around in this country.
Bad news travels fast...

Believe me, I know. I spent a career cleaning giant messes up. I'm a retired environmental geologist and have spent years in the field which I prefer to lab work.

I spent quite a bit of time up in the Deccan plateau (the source of the vulcanism you referenced) so know the theory well.

What is sad is how ignorant people are of the world in which they live. You talk about Mississippi, that was merely a localized storm, but the flood plain of the Mississippi River in certain areas is 200 miles wide.

Imagine the storms that have created that landform over the millennium.
Living in Florida I very well understand the force of Nature.

The inland place where I live now was once many yards under water.

My first Engineering job out of college was working for a phosphate mining company in Floarida. Tremendous layers of marine and land based fossil records. One on top of another. I have found both shark teeth and camel teeth. Florida was in and out of water many times during the eons.

I also lived in Eastern Washington State for a few years. The area know for a great flood from Glacial Lake Missoula.

My understanding is that the Permian Extinction was both land and water.

However, if I remember correctly that back then there were no deep water species like there are now. Most of the aquatic life was in the more shallow water.

Other Mike, I've watched this discussion for years. Five years ago it was "any day now." I can appreciate both those who think it will not be in any of our lifetimes as well as the scientists that are sure an ancient commonality of 4-something helium molecules not normally seen a bazillion years later, which happens to be last week, and they associate it with an any-day-now concern, as other scientists projecting that it will be closer to thousands if not millions of years hence. While some say earth is quickly to be doomed, my belief is what the Bible says, that God alone knows, and not seers.
I'm still anxiously waiting for CA to fall into the ocean.

Forum List

Back