Authorities in Indiana release pictures of mom overdosed as an ‘educational tool’

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
image27.jpg

My intention with these photos is not to shame the mother, although I realize it may appear embarrassing. I honestly think this picture should be used as an educational tool because I want people to see what this drug is doing,” Tallant said.

Hurt's mother feels no one should have ever seen this picture and police should've kept it as evidence.

"This was a mistake. I do not condone it. Trust me there is nobody that was more angry than me and once she was back up on her feet, before she even went to the hospital she knew how I angry I was," explains Jami Smith, Hurt's mother.

Smith shared that her daughter had been clean for two years and had just gotten out of rehab earlier this month.
Authorities in Indiana release pictures of mom overdosed as an ‘educational tool’ to show effects of heroin

I think mom's enabling.

I find this picture really impressive!
I don't know if that's a good idea showing pictures like that to the people for "educational purpose"
Anyway I don't understand why a young and beautiful girl is doing that to herself...she's ruining her life for nothing
Really sad :cry:

If a photograph like this one is what it takes to get other drug addicts to sober up, then I say get it out there.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I mean, I am not sure how that would deter anyone, since prospective drug users are already aware of what drugs could do to them. They just perceive themselves as invincible, or they just do not care in the first place.

image27.jpg

My intention with these photos is not to shame the mother, although I realize it may appear embarrassing. I honestly think this picture should be used as an educational tool because I want people to see what this drug is doing,” Tallant said.

Hurt's mother feels no one should have ever seen this picture and police should've kept it as evidence.

"This was a mistake. I do not condone it. Trust me there is nobody that was more angry than me and once she was back up on her feet, before she even went to the hospital she knew how I angry I was," explains Jami Smith, Hurt's mother.

Smith shared that her daughter had been clean for two years and had just gotten out of rehab earlier this month.
Authorities in Indiana release pictures of mom overdosed as an ‘educational tool’ to show effects of heroin

I think mom's enabling.

Why shouldn't she be ashamed? Why is shame such a bad thing if it gets people to do the right thing?

I think we need more shame in the is country, not less.

Picture's worth a thousand words...

Maybe a pic will get through to the junkies not listening to words?

Doubt it. A picture of themselves may do the trick but most drug addicts have a physical need for their drug and emotional reasons they got started in the first place. They've seen countless pictures of other drug addicts in their day to day lives.

image27.jpg

I think mom's enabling.

Why shouldn't she be ashamed? Why is shame such a bad thing if it gets people to do the right thing?

I doubt it will get her to do the right thing. On the one hand shaming the grandmother doesn't do the mother any good. On the other hand a good "that is the new norm" might make other people act faster.

"Authorities in Indiana release pictures of mom overdosed as an ‘educational tool’"

Quislings....That's "Trump Country' for you....

Do more than Blue-dog it.

Red:
I'm sorry...I don't understand "Blue-dog" as a verb. Would you explain what you mean, please?

Blue-dog as a verb is the continuous pretense of liberal Democrats when there is virtually no difference between the Republicans and Democrats in the state. Pence's positions are pretty much the same as John Gregg. Evan Bayh, Vislosky, Donelly are actually very conservative. So, there really are no major policy differences and the arguments are pretty damn petty.

There is only one Blue county and that is Lake County which is right next to Cook County, Illinois, and they have more corruption than any place. So, many, if not most, of your elected Democrats (in Lake County) wind up in prison.
Right now the Democrats are by and large refusing to take positions. More of that Clinton don't make promises to the little people shit.

It isn't that the state of Indiana doesn't have liberals. They do.

image27.jpg

I think mom's enabling.

I doubt it will get her to do the right thing. On the one hand shaming the grandmother doesn't do the mother any good. On the other hand a good "that is the new norm" might make other people act faster.

Shame worked for centuries, but nowadays people are to freaking sensitive.

It's like Catholics/Jews giving up guilt as a parenting/teaching mechanism, nothing good can happen from abandoning it.

image27.jpg

I think mom's enabling.

It's like Catholics/Jews giving up guilt as a parenting/teaching mechanism, nothing good can happen from abandoning it.

The mother of the woman in the vehicle has zero control over her daughter's addiction. Clearly the daughter has zero control over her own addiction. That said, the daughter went beyond a "mistake". I think the big picture is heroin is a big problem and meth use is a big problem that no one wants to really deal with and probably because it interferes with the legalize drugs mantra.
Meth bust in SE Indiana largest in 20 years, police say

image27.jpg

I think mom's enabling.

The mother of the woman in the vehicle has zero control over her daughter's addiction. Clearly the daughter has zero control over her own addiction. That said, the daughter went beyond a "mistake". I think the big picture is heroin is a big problem and meth use is a big problem that no one wants to really deal with and probably because it interferes with the legalize drugs mantra.

I have no doubt over the lack of control, my comment was on the idea that posting the picture would be shameful for anyone, and my response is "so what"? Maybe a little shame years ago would have helped this.

image27.jpg

I think mom's enabling.

I have no doubt over the lack of control, my comment was on the idea that posting the picture would be shameful for anyone, and my response is "so what"? Maybe a little shame years ago would have helped this.

Or backhanded at the very least.

Or backhanded at the very least.

That's punctuation on a shaming.

Forum List

Back