Authoritarianism vs Totalitarianism

totalitarianist regimes are mostly supported by which ideology: conservatism or liberalism?
'conservatism' refers to no ideology.

technically you are correct, but I am referring to the ideologies together which make up today's conservative philosophy and agenda

Conservationism is representative of maintaining the status quo. Totalitarian regimes at their onset may or may not be conservative in nature but will become conservative over time, i.e. maintaining the status quo. Your intent with the original posting does seems to want to limit the definition/application to derive a specific outcome.
Both conservatism and liberalism are fluid in application. Yesterday's conservative could be today's liberal and the reverse is obviously true.

totalitarianist regimes are mostly supported by which ideology: conservatism or liberalism?
'conservatism' refers to no ideology.

technically you are correct, but I am referring to the ideologies together which make up today's conservative philosophy and agenda
You mean military exploration of the whole damned world, social oppression, the outsourcing of labor, and espousing the glories of 'god's marriage' while having affairs or meeting guys for gay sex in the bathroom?

The chief differences between authoritarians and totalitarians is that asl long as you do what you are told and keep your mouth shut authoritarians don't give a tinker's dam what you think. Totalitarians expect you to smile and beg for more when they screw you over.

The chief differences between authoritarians and totalitarians is that asl long as you do what you are told and keep your mouth shut authoritarians don't give a tinker's dam what you think. Totalitarians expect you to smile and beg for more when they screw you over.

Depends on who you blow, no? I'll take your expert opinion on that. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back