Author of "American Psycho" is anti anti-Trump, explains media coverage of Trump is wrong.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Ben Shapiro interviews the author of "American Psycho," Brett Easton Ellis The author explains that the insane reaction to Trump from his own roommate and friends turned him into an anti anti-Trumper.

WATCH: Shapiro Asks Brett Easton Ellis About Being ‘Anti-Anti-Trump’

ELLIS: And I began to see how he was being covered in the summer of 2015 and into 2016. There was this disconnect between who I thought Trump was, and what he was trying to do, and how the media was covering him. And it was disturbing and it was bothering me enough that I started to talk about it on my podcast. I also live with someone who is about as far left as you can go. I would say borderline Communist millennial, and his overreaction to Trump also was troubling to me. I just couldn't understand how Trump could make people melt down and freak out in the way that some of them did. And I talk about this a lot of [in my] life, especially the elites, that I've written about most of my life in my fiction. Having dinner with them and seeing them, you know [they] get really incensed over the idea of Trump. I'm talking about months, sometimes a year, after the election. And so yeah, I started talking about how I guess I was anti-anti-Trump. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I was pro-Trump, and I was never a Trump supporter; I didn't vote for him. But there was something so bothersome, so high-pitched and hysterical about the reaction to him, that it was quite frankly beyond annoying. And that's covered in "White" and I talk about this a lot on my podcast: What is it about Trump that causes such massive T.D.S (Trump Derangement Syndrome)?

Forum List

Back