Austria set to elect youngest EU leader in move to the right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Oh my, farther Right.

Sebastian Kurz has campaigned on a platform of being tough on migrants and easy on taxes

The People’s party (OeVP) – rebranded by Kurz as his personal “movement” – is projected to win more than 30% of the vote with pledges to be tough on migrants and easy on taxes.

Kurz is likely to form a coalition with the eurosceptic Freedom party (FPOe), forecast to place second or third with at least 25%, polls suggest.

Founded by ex-Nazis after the second world war, the FPOe almost won the presidency last year and topped opinion polls before Kurz’s radical OeVP makeover in spring.

FPOe head Heinz-Christian Strache, 48, railed against asylum-seekers and vowed to stop Austrians from “becoming a minority in our own homeland”, at a rally on Friday.

Interesting that a British Newspaper writes that, but he is not more to the Right then the Tories and Theresa May. And less to the Right then Trump and The Republicans.

Oh my, farther Right.

Sebastian Kurz has campaigned on a platform of being tough on migrants and easy on taxes

The People’s party (OeVP) – rebranded by Kurz as his personal “movement” – is projected to win more than 30% of the vote with pledges to be tough on migrants and easy on taxes.

Kurz is likely to form a coalition with the eurosceptic Freedom party (FPOe), forecast to place second or third with at least 25%, polls suggest.

Founded by ex-Nazis after the second world war, the FPOe almost won the presidency last year and topped opinion polls before Kurz’s radical OeVP makeover in spring.

FPOe head Heinz-Christian Strache, 48, railed against asylum-seekers and vowed to stop Austrians from “becoming a minority in our own homeland”, at a rally on Friday.

The last time the FPOe got into junior coalition govt, the EU diplomatically embargoed them.

Oh my, farther Right.

We love him, my family all give their vote to Sebastian Kurz, lets go ÖVP! My party that I belong to the FPÖ, Kurz has stolen the entire set of policies of course, myself I don't care but others do, in the debates HC Strache made reference to Kurz stealing the policies, which was funny.

Oh my, farther Right.

Let's lower taxes for our people, give an extra 1,500 in the pocket for every one of our OWN children, we have closed the Balkan Route, let's close all routes, let's cut Benefits by 50% for those who refuse to work, if you don't want to work you should get no money, if you starve that's your problem you can leave and go somewhere else, our people do not have an obligation to fund fat lazy POS who just want Benefits and who contribute nothing to our nation.

Oh my, farther Right.

sebastian-kurz-2017-091517_medium_thumbnail.jpg

Nb1P0KUH_400x400.jpg

Oh my, farther Right.

Nb1P0KUH_400x400.jpg

Wow! He's a hottie.

Oh my, farther Right.

Nb1P0KUH_400x400.jpg

Wow! He's a hottie.

He is :smile:

Oh my, farther Right.

We love him, my family all give their vote to Sebastian Kurz, lets go ÖVP! My party that I belong to the FPÖ, Kurz has stolen the entire set of policies of course, myself I don't care but others do, in the debates HC Strache made reference to Kurz stealing the policies, which was funny.

The polls now closed, the first exit poll is:

ÖVP 31.0% FPÖ 29.0 SPÖ 25.0

Last edited:
Oh my, farther Right.

Second exit poll:

upload_2017-10-15_16-39-6.png

Third exit poll:

upload_2017-10-15_16-39-50.png

Oh my, farther Right.

Second exit poll:

View attachment 154473

Third exit poll:

View attachment 154475

ÖVP/FPÖ together is good for this nation, our nation that we love, in memory of our Ancestors who down generations put their trust that this nation would be preserved in Culture and Heritage for the next generation.

For this generation, our children, our childrens children:

Sebastian Kurz and HC Strache two great Patriots please make a deal together.

View attachment 154478

Oh my, farther Right.

Second exit poll:

View attachment 154473

Third exit poll:

View attachment 154475

Oh my, farther Right.

Nb1P0KUH_400x400.jpg

The map is looking excellent, the counting is on, Salzburg will be heavy ÖVP when the counting has it's completion.

upload_2017-10-15_17-12-22.png

Last edited:
I couldn't help but notice the claim "founded by ex-Nazis."

I've got news for you, after the Anschluss when Germany took control of Austria, almost everyone was a Nazi. It was the only way you could work and hold a job.

Yes, there were some truly rabid Nazis who were Austrian, but there were a lot of Europeans who found themselves sympathetic to the Nazi cause - even though they vehemently deny.

As for "It's only Austria." The neutral country sits in "the eye of the storm" and is a bellweather as to the feelings and sensibilities of most Europeans.

Interesting that a British Newspaper writes that, but he is not more to the Right then the Tories and Theresa May. And less to the Right then Trump and The Republicans.

The U.S. Democratic Party would be considered far right in Europe.

The U.S. Democratic Party would be considered far right in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back