Austria Elects Europe’s First Far-Right President Since WWII!

Your OP Title is incorrect.

We have 840,000 absentee ballots to count tomorrow.

As it stands from the Interior Ministry:

Hofer 51.9% Van der Bellen 48.1%.

The map, in the below Interior Ministry link shows that Hofer won everywhere, in blue, and that Van der Bellen only won Wien and Vorarlberg which are in yellow.

Österreich - Bundespräsidentenwahl 2016

Hofer has 1,937, 863 votes and Van der Bellen has 1,793,857 votes.

http://www.wahlhochrechnung.at/

Tomorrow the 840,000 absentee ballots will be counted. Which of course is where they'll steal the election from Herr Hofer.

I should add, we wouldn't care about the Presidential Election normally, as it's mainly a Ceremonial role, but the President does have one crucial power, that he can dismiss the Government and call a new General Election.

This is the only reason we're caring about this, Herr Hofer will call a new General Election, Alexander Van der Bellen won't.

If we go on the votes and the percentage from the First Round, the FPÖ would have formed a new Government now, were it the General Election.

The FPÖ is now unstoppable, everyone knows this....they might steal this for Van der Bellen on the absentee ballots, because in the Presidential Election you need 51% plus 1 to avoid a Round Two of voting.

The General Election you just need the most votes and the bigger percentage....so in the General Election if you get 36% you win, although you will have to form a Coalition.

The opinion polls for some time have had the FPÖ at 40%, in the General Election this is more than enough to form a Government on it's own, judging from Herr Hofer's votes tonight the FPÖ is now well beyond that 40% and this would be a landslide General Election victory.

It's going to happen, it's now unstoppable.

Edited to add more comment.

Last edited:
Good, hopefully it spreads to the Anglosphere so that we can toss these Christian Right assholes into the ocean, where they belong.

Your OP Title is incorrect.

We have 840,000 absentee ballots to count tomorrow.

As it stands from the Interior Ministry:

Hofer 51.9% Van der Bellen 48.1%.

The map, in the below Interior Ministry link shows that Hofer won everywhere, in blue, and that Van der Bellen only won Wien and Vorarlberg which are in yellow.

Österreich - Bundespräsidentenwahl 2016

Hofer has 1,937, 863 votes and Van der Bellen has 1,793,857 votes.

http://www.wahlhochrechnung.at/

Tomorrow the 840,000 absentee ballots will be counted. Which of course is where they'll steal the election from Herr Hofer.

I should add, we wouldn't care about the Presidential Election normally, as it's mainly a Ceremonial role, but the President does have one crucial power, that he can dismiss the Government and call a new General Election.

This is the only reason we're caring about this, Herr Hofer will call a new General Election, Alexander Van der Bellen won't.

If we go on the votes and the percentage from the First Round, the FPÖ would have formed a new Government now, were it the General Election.

The FPÖ is now unstoppable, everyone knows this....they might steal this for Van der Bellen on the absentee ballots, because in the Presidential Election you need 51% plus 1 to avoid a Round Two of voting.

The General Election you just need the most votes and the bigger percentage....so in the General Election if you get 36% you win, although you will have to form a Coalition.

The opinion polls for some time have had the FPÖ at 40%, in the General Election this is more than enough to form a Government on it's own, judging from Herr Hofer's votes tonight the FPÖ is now well beyond that 40% and this would be a landslide General Election victory.

It's going to happen, it's now unstoppable.

Edited to add more comment.

This is a map of how the vote went today, this is what people must pay attention to for the General Election....even 60% of the below map is a landslide General Election victory for the FPÖ....the below is todays Presidential Election FPÖ votes:

CjEzHROWYAANZjp.jpg

How many times have the libs on this forum told us we need to be like Europe....I bet that's about to change

How many countries does anyone know of who want to be like the EU?

The EU isn't a country, and very few European nations want the EU anymore, we must return to Nation States in control of our own borders....the collapse of Schengen cannot come soon enough, it's only Schengen that's keeping this destructive entity the EU afloat.

How many times have the libs on this forum told us we need to be like Europe....I bet that's about to change

The EU isn't a country, and very few European nations want the EU anymore, we must return to Nation States in control of our own borders....the collapse of Schengen cannot come soon enough, it's only Schengen that's keeping this destructive entity the EU afloat.
This is Merkel's clusterfuck. I think Visegrad and Austria could keep a collective border-free zone. The problem however are places like Germany and Sweden which have fostered the idea that gates should be open to barbarians. There is also a considerable economic aspect that has to be reckoned with.

norbert-hofer.jpg

Why does Hofer have his hand raised in such a way?

This is Merkel's clusterfuck. I think Visegrad and Austria could keep a collective border-free zone. The problem however are places like Germany and Sweden which have fostered the idea that gates should be open to barbarians. There is also a considerable economic aspect that has to be reckoned with.

"I think Visegrad and Austria could keep a collective border-free zone."

This is the best solution for all of our protection.

"There is also a considerable economic aspect that has to be reckoned with."

There's several things regarding this. We'll be in Summer soon and large portions of the Continent get huge numbers of holidaymakers, which gives those nations a significant amount of finances through tourism etc. I think Greece and Italy must be thinking they'll be getting less holidaymakers going there, why would anyone want to go on holiday to any of the Greek Islands and parts of Southern Italy now?

The other issue, economically, we know that that thug Jean-Claude Juncker has actually threatened to put sanctions on nations that refuse to give in to the increasingly Dictatorial demands of the EU Commission on this whole so-called "refugee" situation.

I think many nations would prefer sanctions, than to just effectively be slowly destroyed by letting hordes of Barbarians in.

A margin 51.9 (52) to 48.1 (48) is not "too close to call" unless you are desperate. It's interesting the far left news source "Think Progress" is quick to characterize a mainstream party candidate as "far right" while pretending a "Green" candidate is mainstream. Such is the value of left wing propaganda.

A margin 51.9 (52) to 48.1 (48) is not "too close to call" unless you are desperate. It's interesting the far left news source "Think Progress" is quick to characterize a mainstream party candidate as "far right" while pretending a "Green" candidate is mainstream. Such is the value of left wing propaganda.
"Think Progress" is in itself a contradiction in terms as well as a well-oiled but fading left-wing tool of propaganda. It is one of many dingbat sites which are invariably going to sink into an abyss under the weight of their own creation.

The pendulum is has reached its leftward apex in both Europe and the US. It is about time.

Alexander Van der Bellen has a history of Far Left politics, he's an old man, he's been an Activist for a long time.

The MSM are sympathetic to the Left.

This Presidential Election is simply about getting an early General Election, it has no other significance, so if the General Election can't be in a few months, effectively it doesn't matter because the FPÖ will win that election whenever it's called for reasons I articulated earlier ie. you don't need 51 plus 1....if you get 36% you form the Government, tonight's votes have the FPÖ on course for a landslide General Election victory.

So the Leftists better get prepared, because it's going to happen, they know themselves it's going to happen.

Lucy, in your opinion, what's driving such overwhelming support for Hofer among Austrian voters?
If I may. I live close to Austria and have a tenuous grasp into the minds of its people. Austria is a more traditional society than their German cousins and less urbanized while still bearing the weight of Nazism but not the complete humiliation of their defeat. They have been "allowed" to have pride in their country and uphold it's traditions whereas the Germans were scorned for doing so.

• Thanks
Reactions: FJO

Forum List

Back