...Atrim County, Michigan.....

"Media told you all this?"
Well, yeah.
I live a long away from Antrim County, Michigan, and wasn't able to travel there to hand-count the ballots myself.

Accordingly, I relied on: First, a hint on some newsfeed (Politico? The Hill?, I forget) that the Michigan Senate's Oversight Committee had come out with a report determining no fraud in Antrim.

So I then googled the Detroit Free Press reportage on it, figuring that a Michigan newspaper might have closer-to-the-bone coverage.

And then a bunch of other "media" newsfeeds began to report on it. I scan-read several of them.

And then, this morning I saw the treatment in WaPo, read it, thought it was credible.......and posted a thread and a link to it.

All of that is to say......"media" is kinda sorta essential to me as a method to stay informed.
After all, I cannot be all places at once in order to be an eyewitness to developments.
And you?
Me? I don't believe anything they say.

Lets re-visit beautifulā€¦but lightly populatedā€¦.Antrim County, Michigan. County seat is Bellaire, with itā€™s population of about 1,100.

If you recall it was much in the news in some circles recently. Dominion voting machines, cheating, stolen election, vote fraud, etc. etc.

In fact, we had a cohort of critics of Antrimā€™s ability to hold a fair election on this very venue. Some may wish to raise their hand. Judging by their posting history, those skeptics were vehement Don Trump supporters.

And then, the Secretary of Stateā€™s office did an audit of Antrim and found no fraud. And then the Michigan GOP led Senateā€™s Oversight Committee investigated Antrim countyā€¦..and found no fraud. In the end, as it was the evening of November 3rd, Don Trump won Antrim County. Handily. Which no one was surprised by. Itā€™s rural Michigan, it is GOP country. Has been for a long long time.

Regrettably, partisan critics made the good poll workers and the county and township clerks appear to be crooks betraying America.

So here is a column from an opinion writer with the Washington Post (see link below). He informs us on some of the details of that Antrim brouhaha. I include it here as a separate thread as it seems to me to be one more example as to why so much of America is so skeptical of the conviction is some quarters that the 2020 election ā€˜was stolenā€™.
Plus the columnists fleshes out some of the count's 'irregularities' that sent the partisans on their harmful crusade. THAT is quite informative.

The ā€˜Stop-the-Stealā€™ voices have proven themselves so wrong, so unprepared, so uninformed and ill-informed, that their credibility is obliterated. Rudy G,. Krakenpot Powell, Trumps Jr and Sr.; Melissa Carone , Lin Wood, et al, havenā€™t inspired a whole lot of confidence.
And then comes Antrim County.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the column: (btw, what follows is just a small excerpt of a longer article. Think of it as a taster.)

--------------------------------------------------------

ā€œIf you remember that the lower part of Michigan is shaped a bit like a left-handed mitten, look for Antrim County between the tips of the middle and ring fingers. Itā€™s a beautiful place. The Lake Michigan beaches are delightful in summer. The fishing is fantastic year-round. Unlikely as it seems, this is an epicenter of Stolen Election mania.

On Nov. 3, 2020, Election Day, vote-tabulating machines in Antrim spat out the following results shortly after the polls closed, the committee found. In a county with 22,082 registered voters, 16,044 ballots were cast. A pretty good turnout. Not every ballot included a vote for president. Of those that did, the lionā€™s share went to then-president Donald Trump: 9,748. Challenger Joe Biden received 5,960 votes.

No surprise. Rural counties in western Michigan reliably vote Republican.

What happened next was very surprising, though. When the results were fed into the county clerkā€™s spreadsheet, flaws in the spreadsheet design produced a mistaken report that Biden had won Antrim County. But no one was fooled for a minute. Folks in Antrim immediately started looking for the cause of the suspected error. On Nov. 5, they figured out that a number of Trump votes had been improperly entered in the spreadsheet, and a new report was made with Trumpā€™s total corrected.

Alas, now there were more ā€œvotesā€ than actual ballots, so obviously the spreadsheet was still messed up. Antrim officials decided to recount the actual ballots. Back through the counting machines they went, exactly 16,044 of them. On Nov. 6, the tabulators spat out results identical to the original election night numbers: 9,748 for Trump, 5,960 for Biden. This total was eventually certified.

Just to be sure ā€” given the brief confusion ā€” a decision was made to recount the ballots again, this time by hand.

These results were finalized on Dec. 17. The painstaking manual inspection of the ballots found that the machines misread one ballot as a vote for Biden when it was not. Eleven ballots were determined to show Trump votes that the machines could not read. A total adjustment of 12 ballots out of nearly 16,000 presidential votes.

In other words, the original Election Day tabulation in Antrim County was 99.9 percent accurate.

Since then, the Internet and social media have been jammed with wild theories about international conspiracies to hack the vote in Antrim County. In the Joe Friday, just-the-facts tone preferred by McBroom, the report finds:

ā€œEvents in Antrim County sparked a significant amount of concernā€¦.which led to much speculation, assumptions, misinformation, and in some cases, outright lies meant to create doubt and confusion.ā€ The committee recommends that the Michigan attorney general consider investigating the various lowlifes who have deployed lies ā€œto raise money or publicity for their own ends.ā€
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I 'bolded' that last sentence as I find it the most heartening of the whole column.)

Beautiful little Antrim, with itā€™s county seat of a thousand souls, got be-smirched by careless, callous partisans who refused to do their homework. Including some on this venue.

Pity little Antrim County.

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=Antrim County&satid=id.sid:42fe6120-c0ae-4c88-c687-edf161c9ac0e
Antrim county isnā€™t the issue. Itā€™s a small population. The cheating happened in the big Democrat run cities when they dumped hundreds of thousands of votes in the middle of the night.

But, keep deflecting from the real issues. Iā€™m sure that will make the real problems go away.

"Youā€™re a closet ā€œliberalā€ trying to pretend to be an ā€œoptimistic skepticā€ in the hopes thatā€™ll it will provide cover for your attempts to block ballot audits"

Well, we applaud your tenacity, however, it ain't all that simple.

But, it is deadsolidperfectly true,....... that I ain't a liberal.
Tho untrue about the 'ballot blocking'-thingy.

On the other hand, your objection to an 'optimistic skeptic' has some support within my own family (i.e., my bride, Precious Flower).
She is of the opinion, directly expressed, that I'm more of a 'skeptical optimist'.....than otherwise.

Personally, I suggest I can go both ways.
When needed.

"And so what about the audits in the other counties and in the other states?"

Here's the way life works in my rural counties, Rdumb.
Trust me on this:
If, after multiple statements to convince folks that one's cow is lost, but.....but those statements prove to be wrong in fact, wrong in intent, wrong in location, wrong in so many way, and often incomplete or misdirected.....well, country folk will say:

"Look Skippy, you seem to be either incompetent or lying with all of these bungled statements. Accordingly, we ain't chasing any of your dang cows...no more. So either pay us all costs up front or we ain't lookin' anymore for your supposed lost Bossie."

I am mildly convinced you understand that dynamic.

So, I will go out on a limb here, and suggest that that is how your concerns about "other counties in other states" will be viewed.

But, good luck.

One little county doesn't prove much.
So all of the evidence of election rigging and voter fraud in the key counties and in the key swing states are just an illusion?
...more ballots than voters, same ballots being counted multiple times, ballots being counted behind closed doors, incredible statistical anomalies, ballots with no signature, counting ballots without poll watchers, ballots moved without chain of custody... and of course the Democrats would never lie and cheat to steal an election would they LMAO
Seems like the Never Trumpers should just get it over with and switch to the Democrat Party

"If you count illegally cast ballots twice, you are likely to get the same results."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aha, so per Angus, those 16,000'sh or so, ballots in Antrim County, Michigan, ( sometimes called 'Hemingway Country', because of the Nick Adams thingy).....anyway, Angus says they are illegal.

Well, poster Angus, do something about it.
Don't just whine anonymously on an internet chatboard.

Do this: Write a strongly worded letter to the editor of the Antrim Review ---
Tell the paper of your conviction that the good citizens of Antrim County, Michigan......are traitorous scalawags who shamefully tried to subvert the re-election of Don Trump.

The fact that Don Trump beat Joe Biden ----61% to 39% in Antrim----should not lessen your outrage that all the votes were illegally cast.

Good luck.
Let the chatroom know if your letter is published in the Review.

Thanx.

"Youā€™re a closet ā€œliberalā€ trying to pretend to be an ā€œoptimistic skepticā€ in the hopes thatā€™ll it will provide cover for your attempts to block ballot audits"

Well, we applaud your tenacity, however, it ain't all that simple.

But, it is deadsolidperfectly true,....... that I ain't a liberal.
Tho untrue about the 'ballot blocking'-thingy.

On the other hand, your objection to an 'optimistic skeptic' has some support within my own family (i.e., my bride, Precious Flower).
She is of the opinion, directly expressed, that I'm more of a 'skeptical optimist'.....than otherwise.

Personally, I suggest I can go both ways.
When needed.
Obviously my dry sense of humor remains under-appreciated.

luckily I still have my day job.

"One little county doesn't prove much."

Is that true?

How times change.

Just recently, in the land of Trumplandia, little Antrim County WAS the absolute proof that the whole 2020 election was a great big whopping fraud. Biggest fraud of the century...per the guy who was kicked out.

But now, "one little county doesn't prove much".
Including little Antrim?

Here, do this poster Rdumb: Go back up and read post #19.

In short, your cow is lost in more ways than one.

Good luck.

Antrim county isnā€™t the issue. Itā€™s a small population. The cheating happened in the big Democrat run cities when they dumped hundreds of thousands of votes in the middle of the night.

Here poster Hawk, do this: Go back up the thread and read post #11, #19, and #31.

Your portable goalpost can be retired.
It's sorta like that lost cow of Rdumb's.
It never stays in one place.

"Me? I don't believe anything they say."

Tell us, Mike, how do you stay informed?

If you've got a sure fire way that is better and it alleviates us from reading newspapers, watching TV news or listening to the radio, or reading blogs or social media....well, that'd be good.
It would free up time and effort.

So, how do YOU stay informed Mike?

The deniers of- ā€˜Stop-the-Stealā€™ have proven themselves so wrong, so unprepared, so uninformed and ill-informed, that their credibility is obliterated.

Lets re-visit beautifulā€¦but lightly populatedā€¦.Antrim County, Michigan. County seat is Bellaire, with itā€™s population of about 1,100.

If you recall it was much in the news in some circles recently. Dominion voting machines, cheating, stolen election, vote fraud, etc. etc.

In fact, we had a cohort of critics of Antrimā€™s ability to hold a fair election on this very venue. Some may wish to raise their hand. Judging by their posting history, those skeptics were vehement Don Trump supporters.

And then, the Secretary of Stateā€™s office did an audit of Antrim and found no fraud. And then the Michigan GOP led Senateā€™s Oversight Committee investigated Antrim countyā€¦..and found no fraud. In the end, as it was the evening of November 3rd, Don Trump won Antrim County. Handily. Which no one was surprised by. Itā€™s rural Michigan, it is GOP country. Has been for a long long time.

Regrettably, partisan critics made the good poll workers and the county and township clerks appear to be crooks betraying America.

So here is a column from an opinion writer with the Washington Post (see link below). He informs us on some of the details of that Antrim brouhaha. I include it here as a separate thread as it seems to me to be one more example as to why so much of America is so skeptical of the conviction is some quarters that the 2020 election ā€˜was stolenā€™.
Plus the columnists fleshes out some of the count's 'irregularities' that sent the partisans on their harmful crusade. THAT is quite informative.

The ā€˜Stop-the-Stealā€™ voices have proven themselves so wrong, so unprepared, so uninformed and ill-informed, that their credibility is obliterated. Rudy G,. Krakenpot Powell, Trumps Jr and Sr.; Melissa Carone , Lin Wood, et al, havenā€™t inspired a whole lot of confidence.
And then comes Antrim County.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the column: (btw, what follows is just a small excerpt of a longer article. Think of it as a taster.)

--------------------------------------------------------

ā€œIf you remember that the lower part of Michigan is shaped a bit like a left-handed mitten, look for Antrim County between the tips of the middle and ring fingers. Itā€™s a beautiful place. The Lake Michigan beaches are delightful in summer. The fishing is fantastic year-round. Unlikely as it seems, this is an epicenter of Stolen Election mania.

On Nov. 3, 2020, Election Day, vote-tabulating machines in Antrim spat out the following results shortly after the polls closed, the committee found. In a county with 22,082 registered voters, 16,044 ballots were cast. A pretty good turnout. Not every ballot included a vote for president. Of those that did, the lionā€™s share went to then-president Donald Trump: 9,748. Challenger Joe Biden received 5,960 votes.

No surprise. Rural counties in western Michigan reliably vote Republican.

What happened next was very surprising, though. When the results were fed into the county clerkā€™s spreadsheet, flaws in the spreadsheet design produced a mistaken report that Biden had won Antrim County. But no one was fooled for a minute. Folks in Antrim immediately started looking for the cause of the suspected error. On Nov. 5, they figured out that a number of Trump votes had been improperly entered in the spreadsheet, and a new report was made with Trumpā€™s total corrected.

Alas, now there were more ā€œvotesā€ than actual ballots, so obviously the spreadsheet was still messed up. Antrim officials decided to recount the actual ballots. Back through the counting machines they went, exactly 16,044 of them. On Nov. 6, the tabulators spat out results identical to the original election night numbers: 9,748 for Trump, 5,960 for Biden. This total was eventually certified.

Just to be sure ā€” given the brief confusion ā€” a decision was made to recount the ballots again, this time by hand.

These results were finalized on Dec. 17. The painstaking manual inspection of the ballots found that the machines misread one ballot as a vote for Biden when it was not. Eleven ballots were determined to show Trump votes that the machines could not read. A total adjustment of 12 ballots out of nearly 16,000 presidential votes.

In other words, the original Election Day tabulation in Antrim County was 99.9 percent accurate.

Since then, the Internet and social media have been jammed with wild theories about international conspiracies to hack the vote in Antrim County. In the Joe Friday, just-the-facts tone preferred by McBroom, the report finds:

ā€œEvents in Antrim County sparked a significant amount of concernā€¦.which led to much speculation, assumptions, misinformation, and in some cases, outright lies meant to create doubt and confusion.ā€ The committee recommends that the Michigan attorney general consider investigating the various lowlifes who have deployed lies ā€œto raise money or publicity for their own ends.ā€
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I 'bolded' that last sentence as I find it the most heartening of the whole column.)

Beautiful little Antrim, with itā€™s county seat of a thousand souls, got be-smirched by careless, callous partisans who refused to do their homework. Including some on this venue.

Pity little Antrim County.

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=Antrim County&satid=id.sid:42fe6120-c0ae-4c88-c687-edf161c9ac0e
is there a credible NEWS source for this? NOT publishers bullshit....

Here poster Hawk, do this: Go back up the thread and read post #11, #19, and #31.

It's sorta like that lost cow of Rdumb's.
It's sorta like that lost cow of scum demonRATS

Can we have a new rule that all stolen election threads go straight to the rubber room. Please enough of this shit
If ā€œthis shitā€ upsets you so much DONā€™T READ IT.

In the meantime , your attempts to effectively suppress threads that you donā€™t happen to like the topic of only serves to provide yet further evidence of your desire to feed your already enormous confirmation bias.
your attempts to effectively suppress threads that you donā€™t happen to like the topic of only serves to provide yet further evidence of your desire to feed your already enormous confirmation bias.

Can we have a new rule that all stolen election threads go straight to the rubber room. Please enough of this shit

Actually, George, the site's official Chinese Disinformation Officer, you know that the Democrats stole the election which is why you are fighting so hard to bury it.

You of course being a fascist want to silence dissent. Democrat have declared the your election fraud illegitimate, now you want the site to go Twitter and bury it for you

Actually, George, the site's official Chinese Disinformation Officer, you know that the Democrats stole the election which is why you are fighting so hard to bury it.

You of course being a fascist want to silence dissent. Democrat have declared the your election fraud illegitimate, now you want the site to go Twitter and bury it for you
Nobody stole the election. Kaz=Lying

If ā€œthis shitā€ upsets you so much DONā€™T READ IT.

In the meantime , your attempts to effectively suppress threads that you donā€™t happen to like the topic of only serves to provide yet further evidence of your desire to feed your already enormous confirmation bias.
your attempts to effectively suppress threads that you donā€™t happen to like the topic of only serves to provide yet further evidence of your desire to feed your already enormous confirmation bias.
Must be an echo in hereā€¦.. :rolleyes:

Oh well, /dev/null usually solves that dilemma.

"If you count illegally cast ballots twice, you are likely to get the same results."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aha, so per Angus, those 16,000'sh or so, ballots in Antrim County, Michigan, ( sometimes called 'Hemingway Country', because of the Nick Adams thingy).....anyway, Angus says they are illegal.

Well, poster Angus, do something about it.
Don't just whine anonymously on an internet chatboard.

Do this: Write a strongly worded letter to the editor of the Antrim Review ---
Tell the paper of your conviction that the good citizens of Antrim County, Michigan......are traitorous scalawags who shamefully tried to subvert the re-election of Don Trump.

The fact that Don Trump beat Joe Biden ----61% to 39% in Antrim----should not lessen your outrage that all the votes were illegally cast.

Good luck.
Let the chatroom know if your letter is published in the Review.

Thanx.

I am saying that if illegal ballots are counted, you will get the same result in any election.

A reconciliatin of the voter rolls and a full signature and address audit is the only solution.

Forum List

Back