CDZ At what point as a child after you comprehended death did you stop worrying about it?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Remember as a young child when you first grasped the concept that you are going to die some day? When did you stop obsessively worrying about it? The worst I can remember is from maybe 3 to 5 or so. I remember being scared and unable to sleep because old age and death was creeping up on me and there was nothing I could do about it. There had to be a solution to the problem. I was frustrated because I couldn't figure out a solution no matter how hard I racked my brain and it was like a slow feeling of impending doom. Then, I eventually said screw it and lived my life at about 5 or so, figuring that if I couldn't do anything about, I wouldn't think about it and I would simply try to enjoy my life. At what age did you stop being scared of old age and dying when you were a child?

Last edited:
What is death? I never died.

.​

As a child, you witnessed death and saw verification of it even if only on television or from conversations. Like all humans, you were immediately terrified and started trying to figure a way out of it. How many sleepless nights did you spend running hypothetical scenarios through your head trying to figure a way out of it as you dreaded the slow, impending doom and felt helpless to stop it? Perhaps you've blocked it out of your memory.

What is death? I never died.

.​

As a child, you witnessed death and saw verification of it even if only on television or from conversations. Like all humans, you were immediately terrified and started trying to figure a way out of it. How many sleepless nights did you spend running hypothetical scenarios through your head trying to figure a way out of it as you dreaded the slow, impending doom and felt helpless to stop it? Perhaps you've blocked it out of your memory.

Your basing it on a premise we exist and we can't confirm it .

Remember as a young child when you first grasped the concept that you are going to die some day? When did you stop obsessively worrying about it? The worst I can remember is from maybe 3 to 5 or so. I remember being scared and unable to sleep because old age and death was creeping up on me and there was nothing I could do about it. There had to be a solution to the problem. I was frustrated because I couldn't figure out a solution no matter how hard I racked my brain and it was like a slow feeling of impending doom. Then, I eventually said screw it and lived my life at about 5 or so, figuring that if I couldn't do anything about, I wouldn't think about it and I would simply try to enjoy my life. At what age did you stop being scared of old age and dying when you were a child?

Great question;
I was not happy to learn that life was not forever...that we all die one day like roses on a vine....but as you get older you will find the concept of this existence being limited is maybe not such a bad thing...

I never thought I would live past 21. At the time someone had told me that was the life expectancy of a Black male teen in my area. The concept of old age never occurred to me because I thought my chances of getting shot by a cop or a gang banger were high as hell.

I never thought I would live past 21. At the time someone had told me that was the life expectancy of a Black male teen in my area. The concept of old age never occurred to me because I thought my chances of getting shot by a cop or a gang banger were high as hell.

You have street smarts.

I remember when I was really young and my older brother who was 2 years older than me had some play money. I figured since he was 2 years older than me, he would die of old age 2 years before me and I would have 2 years to play with his play money. It was a strange thing to look forward to, except I didn't feel guilty because I wasn't causing it.

You have street smarts.

That and natural intelligence is a potent mixture.

I never thought I would live past 21. At the time someone had told me that was the life expectancy of a Black male teen in my area. The concept of old age never occurred to me because I thought my chances of getting shot by a cop or a gang banger were high as hell
:puhleeze:

You have street smarts.

Tell me about it, I will never get why I was so good at electronics and robotics , I never took a course ..it just came natural..

I never got why I never had a problem with cops, gang bangers, in jail, walking the streets , going to a bar, going to a church , taking a airline flight .

You sometimes ask yourself are you invincible..?

You have street smarts.

Tell me about it, I will never get why I was so good at electronics and robotics , I never took a course ..it just came natural..

I never got why I never had a problem with cops, gang bangers, in jail, walking the streets , going to a bar, going to a church , taking a airline flight .

Its your white privilege.

You have street smarts.

I got harassed by cops all the time. Pissed me off so I had a bad temper and was always fighting at the slightest provocation. I figured my days were numbered so I decided to go to the military. Got away from the environment and figured it all out. When I was 21 I was like "shit. What do I do now?" Used all the positive I got from the hood along with a new focus and never looked back.

Last edited:

You have street smarts.

This shit always gets on my nerves.

I have had so many people die , a good friend of mine got murdered last year in Kentucky.. they busted in his home .

We were just as like as they come ..

All the talks we had doing coke lines on my dash board.. chilling in watching lake Michigan drinking a beer..

You have street smarts.

I got harassed by cops all the time. Pissed me off so I had a bad temper and was always fighting at the slightest provocation. I figured my days were numbered so I decided to go to the military. Got away from the environment and figured it all out. When I was 21 I was like "shit. What do I do now?" Used all the positive I got from the hood along with a new focus and never looked back.

Dude I will make fun of your liberalism

But trust me I respect you.

You have street smarts.

Dude I will make fun of your liberalism

But trust me I respect you.
I respect you too even though you are a wrong conservative.

You have street smarts.

I have had so many people die , a good friend of mine got murdered last year in Kentucky.. they busted in his home .

All the talks we had doing coke lines on my dash board.. chilling in watching lake Michigan drinking a beer..
How's the beer at Hartwell?

You have street smarts.

I thought you knew, I sold it and retired to Wyoming last July..

Well working retirement.. 20 hours as a maintenance guy at a hotel..

I found out I was dying...

I thought you knew, I sold it and retired to Wyoming last July..

Well working retirement.. 20 hours as a maintenance guy at a hotel..

I found out I was dying...
sorry, I didn't know. Hope you are living life to the fullest in Wyoming.

Forum List

Back