At What Percent Taxation Does One Become a Slave?

At what tax percent does one become effectively a slave to the government?

• 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80%

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 60%

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • None; no matter how high you are still free

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • dunno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did I do the poll wrong? Is anyone seeing it?

I didn't really care for the choices 60% was too high. I think income tax at all makes us slaves to the govt

I have not yet seen any justification/explanation for that opinion from anyone.

Do you really think that our federal government could run the programs it has without an income tax?

What programs would you end to be able to drop federal income taxes?

And if your assertion that to pay any taxes at all is slaver, the everyone throughout history from kings that paid tribute in order to avoid invasions, all the way down to wealthy merchant,s to well off Yoemen and townsmen, all of them were all just slaves and had no idea. Doesn't that kind of make the distinction between slaves, peasants, freemen, yeomen, townsmen, and the various ranks of nobility from knight to Duke all slaves and thus make the word essentially meaningless?

Why do you think paying a single cent in taxes is to be a slave?

I am talking about REAL practical slavery that is not official but that has reduced the population to total dependence on the government to be able to simply exist. THAT is without doubt slavery in all practical terms, but to say that the Duke of York was a slave is just absurd.

Last edited:
With a slave, 100% of their income is taxed

We have a ways to go

Reporting your personal information to the government under penalty of imprisonment makes you their slave

With a slave, 100% of their income is taxed

We have a ways to go

In many societies slaves were allowed to own property and have money. Many saved enough to buy their own freedom.

Your assertion is a myth.

Last edited:
Do you really think that our federal government could run the programs it has without an income tax?

The programs it has? No, but then SO many of the programs it has it should not be running and others it spends WAY too much on.

What programs would you end to be able to drop federal income taxes?

Every single one that is not directly related to the enumerated powers granted to the federal government in the Constitution. The fact Progressives have broadly interpreted these provisions it the reason we have the crippling debt, taxes, spending, and burdensome meddling we do.

And if your assertion that to pay any taxes at all is slaver, the everyone throughout history from kings that paid tribute in order to avoid invasions, all the way down to wealthy merchant,s to well off Yoemen and townsmen, all of them were all just slaves and had no idea. Doesn't that kind of make the distinction between slaves, peasants, freemen, yeomen, townsmen, and the various ranks of nobility from knight to Duke all slaves and thus make the word essentially meaningless?

The government can collect revenues without imposing an income tax sufficient to defend against invasions. I know this because that's exactly what we did from 1780 until 1913.

Why do you think paying a single cent in taxes is to be a slave?

Because forcing some men to labor on the behalf of others is the very essence of slavery.

I am talking about REAL practical slavery that is not official but that has reduced the population to total dependence on the government to be able to simply exist. THAT is without doubt slavery in all practical terms, but to say that the Duke of York was a slave is just absurd.

If the Duke of York was subject to the kind of taxes that existed in America before the 16th amendment, which were indirect taxes, then those were voluntary and therefore not akin to slavery. When federal revenues came not from labor, but from usury fees and taxes on goods, tariffs on imported products, or excise taxes on certain items like alcohol and tobacco, people could chose not to pay any and all federal taxes by choosing not to buy the goods. That is VOLUNTARY, which makes all the difference in the world.

If the good Duke, or anyone else, was subject to an income tax, well that is not voluntary. Everyone must labor to survive. A government that forces some men, but not all, to direct some of their labor towards others they don't even know, as I said, that is the essence of slavery. Call it 'economic slavery' if you like, taxing a man's labor is immoral.

Suppose the RINOS and libtards have their way and keep on funding the political patronage system for another century.

Ignoring the practical impacts of such a disaster to America, taxes will climb until they can climb no more.

But at what point do they amount to slavery? Suppose you make $100,000 annually, about twice the average house hold income.

100%? Some would argue that that still does not make one a slave since one can still leave the country, but the feds have passed a law that will tax you for years after you leave.

Expatriation tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

80%? At 20% of remaining income, one could be looking at subsistence level income, meaning you have enough money left, maybe, to be above the poverty rate *if* you make close to $100,000 annually or more. That is a slave that buys his own essentials, and is even cheaper for the slave owners.

70%? A person could survive but not thrive on $30,000, but why make all that money if the government takes it all away about as quickly as you make it? And what of those who have average incomes? Can they be considered able to oay for more than merely surviving at $15,000 a year?

Note: this calculation completely ignores the taxation passed on to consumers by corporations, and some already pay well over 50% net income taxes if they live in New York City.

Americans for Tax Reform : Yankees Pitcher To Lose Over Half of $155 Million Contract to Taxes

You're a slave if you are paying a 10% tax. You're working for the government, not yourself no matter how low the tax.

At what tax percent does one become effectively a slave to the government?

When the percent levied includes the government's right to buy you sell you, maim you, or kill you as they choose.

THAT is slavery, lad.

TAxes that are too high or unfairly levied are THEFT, not slavery.

All taxation is theft. Regardless of "how high or unfair" they are. Any tax is "unfair".

The act of stealing another man's labor, under the threat of violence against him for noncompliance, is slavery. Apparently being on a chain gang after failure to pay taxes, doesn't constitute slavery to you.

Suppose the RINOS and libtards have their way and keep on funding the political patronage system for another century.

Ignoring the practical impacts of such a disaster to America, taxes will climb until they can climb no more.

But at what point do they amount to slavery? Suppose you make $100,000 annually, about twice the average house hold income.

100%? Some would argue that that still does not make one a slave since one can still leave the country, but the feds have passed a law that will tax you for years after you leave.

Expatriation tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

80%? At 20% of remaining income, one could be looking at subsistence level income, meaning you have enough money left, maybe, to be above the poverty rate *if* you make close to $100,000 annually or more. That is a slave that buys his own essentials, and is even cheaper for the slave owners.

70%? A person could survive but not thrive on $30,000, but why make all that money if the government takes it all away about as quickly as you make it? And what of those who have average incomes? Can they be considered able to oay for more than merely surviving at $15,000 a year?

Note: this calculation completely ignores the taxation passed on to consumers by corporations, and some already pay well over 50% net income taxes if they live in New York City.

Americans for Tax Reform : Yankees Pitcher To Lose Over Half of $155 Million Contract to Taxes

I pay more in taxes than you earn in five years, so STFU.

You're a taker-- I pay for your roads, your clean air, clean water… I pay for your fucking internet.

So say thank you and go away.

All taxation is theft. Regardless of "how high or unfair" they are. Any tax is "unfair".

The act of stealing another man's labor, under the threat of violence against him for noncompliance, is slavery. Apparently being on a chain gang after failure to pay taxes, doesn't constitute slavery to you.

No dopey.

Not paying taxes and driving on my roads for free is theft.

Dumbfuck.

No dopey.

Dumbfuck.

You do not own any roads in a collective, or "public" undertaking. The government owns the roads. Along with your goofey ass.

Dullard.

No dopey.

Dumbfuck.

The case for privatizing highways:

Highway Aggravation: The Case For Privatizing The Highways

No dopey.

Dumbfuck.

The case for privatizing highways:

Highway Aggravation: The Case For Privatizing The Highways

That's far too advanced thinking for trolls like Hazlnut. I didn't read that link, but i will. If for no other reason, to see if they show examples of privatized highways that are excellent working models. Cheaper tolls, better highways....I believe it is Virginia that has that private highway.

Most people pay effectively 50% of their income in taxes if you include them all. You have state, federal, local taxes on your phone bill, products, services, etc. That's like working until June to put money in your pocket. It's way too high, it empowers government to become even more powerful. I think we are close to the point of no return where the stranglehold of government is too overwhelming and the masses too compliant. I think our founders would roll over in their graves.

Forum List

Back