Asset Forfeiture?

Asset forfeiture is a terrible policy which violates due process and is easily abused by corrupt government employees. Like they really need more encouragement....

It is unconstitutional how asset forfeiture is done now. It totally disregards due process...

Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all of the legal rights that are owed to a person. Since when is property a person?

It is unconstitutional how asset forfeiture is done now. It totally disregards due process...

Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all of the legal rights that are owed to a person. Since when is property a person?

Do I not have a right to my own property? Shouldn't I be CONVICTED of a crime before my property becomes forfeit?

Asset forfeiture is a terrible policy which violates due process and is easily abused by corrupt government employees. Like they really need more encouragement....

Sure! Lets help criminals as much as possible.

Sorry, bub. I'm not buying into the "ends justfiy the means" mentality you promote.

Do I not have a right to my own property? Shouldn't I be CONVICTED of a crime before my property becomes forfeit?

You are pulled over and a cop find a large amount of cash (without a bank receipt) and drug paraphernalia, you should get to keep the cash and the drug paraphernalia?

You are pulled over and a cop find a large amount of cash (without a bank receipt) and drug paraphernalia, you should get to keep the cash and the drug paraphernalia?

I should be arrested for the drug paraphernalia and my property held as evidence of a crime. But, I don't lose ownership unless I'm convicted of a crime.

I should be arrested for the drug paraphernalia and my property held as evidence of a crime. But, I don't lose ownership unless I'm convicted of a crime.

and the loss of ownership has to be comparable to the crime. One should not lose 10k in cash over a hash pipe.

and the loss of ownership has to be comparable to the crime. One should not lose 10k in cash over a hash pipe.

I don't think that there should be an automatic assumption that large amounts of cash is only related to drug use.

Forum List

Back