Assault weapons

Your last three posts are senseless.

Many times the gun owner's set argues that simply brandishing a firearm prevents crime XXX times a day. Of course there is very little evidence to prove such an assertion, but the point is, if true, any weapon can be used as a deterrent.

An assault weapon is one where the energy expanded by the first round is used to chamber the next round and the next. Allowing the weapon to fire as fast as the finger can pull the trigger. With a large magazine such a weapon can fire dozens of missiles as fast as the shooter curl their finger.

An assault weapon has very little recoil, allowing even a novice shooter the ability to train the weapon on targets with ease.

Obama cannot set aside the Second Amendment or make a a gun control law. He can advocate for such a law but only the congress can create legislation. Nice try though, the Gays, Guns, God and Tax arguments are all you people on the far right have; in time even the people fooled all of the time will wake up.

I'll take that to mean you can't refute anything I have posted so far.

"An assault weapon has very little recoil". So if a machine gun has huge recoil, its not an assault weapon? Yea, that makes a lot of sense....

Also, if you think an 80 year old woman can deter a thug with a knife just as effectively as with a firearm, then you truely are beyond reasoning.

There is no reason to believe Obama wouldn't pass a law that violates the Constitution, he already has. Yes, I know he can't do it on his own, never said otherwise. But if can't get any laws passed then why is he even running for another four years?

"An assault weapon has very little recoil". So if a machine gun has huge recoil, its not an assault weapon? Yea, that makes a lot of sense....

HE JUST EXPLAINED THAT.
the energy expanded by the first round is used to chamber the next round and the next. Allowing the weapon to fire as fast as the finger can pull the trigger.
Is that how a machine gun operates? No

I know he just explained it you moron, that's why I am laughing at him.

To him a semi-auto is an "assault weapon", but a full auto wouldn't be according to his definition. :badgrin:

Looks like the Hussein will be going after AKs:

"I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals," Obama said. "That they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities."

Obama takes on gun violence in New Orleans speech – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

How about in the hands of law abiding citizens Mr. President? Or are they all counted as "criminals"?

How about an RPG? How about a flame thrower? Or a bazooka? An M-1 A-1 Abrams tank or a nuclear warhead? Some weapons belong in "well regulated militia(s)" and some belong in the hands of law abiding citizens.

Now, what type of weaponry meets the "Needs" of a law abiding citizen? Hunting, target shooting, home defense. Any of those activities 'need' something capable of firing more than 20 rounds before reloading?

IMO, guns are the type of weaponry that meets the needs of law abiding citzens.

Looks like the Hussein will be going after AKs:

Obama takes on gun violence in New Orleans speech – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

How about in the hands of law abiding citizens Mr. President? Or are they all counted as "criminals"?

How about an RPG? How about a flame thrower? Or a bazooka? An M-1 A-1 Abrams tank or a nuclear warhead? Some weapons belong in "well regulated militia(s)" and some belong in the hands of law abiding citizens.

Now, what type of weaponry meets the "Needs" of a law abiding citizen? Hunting, target shooting, home defense. Any of those activities 'need' something capable of firing more than 20 rounds before reloading?

Howitzers? Mortars? Anti-Aircraft guns? Sawed off shot guns? Where's the line between public safety and someone's desire to play Army?

Key Board Commandos and Mall Ninjas don't trump the safety of the general public.

Howitzers? Mortars? Anti-Aircraft guns? Sawed off shot guns? Where's the line between public safety and someone's desire to play Army?

Key Board Commandos and Mall Ninjas don't trump the safety of the general public.

In order to ban semi automatics will require an amendment to the Constitution. Pretty simple concept. Put one forward and see if you can get the votes.

Did you not understand my answer of "guns"?

So that means no tanks, mortars, ect.

Although a sawed off shotgun is still just a shotgun I don't see why those are "banned".

Although a sawed off shotgun is still just a shotgun I don't see why those are "banned".
You don't? What is the virtue of a sawed off shot gun?

Its shorter?

Its shorter?
Making it more accurate or concealable? And what's the virrtue of concealing a shot gun? It comes in handy when robbing a liquor store, but does little else.

Its shorter?
Making it more accurate or concealable? And what's the virrtue of concealing a shot gun? It comes in handy when robbing a liquor store, but does little else.

The shorter barrel allows for the pellets to spread out quicker but lessens the effective range of the weapon. The Supreme Court got that one wrong, they were used extensively in the trench war fare of WW1.

Its shorter?

It would make it easier for storage (such as in a vehicle) as well as easier to handle and maneuver in tight quarters (like in your own home).

As for the liquor store robber, don't think he is going to obey a law against sawed off shotguns if he is doing armed robbery anyway. So isn't a ban against sawed off shotguns just as pointless as a ban against saws? Plus aren't handguns even easier to conceal?

Its shorter?

The shorter barrel allows for the pellets to spread out quicker but lessens the effective range of the weapon. The Supreme Court got that one wrong, they were used extensively in the trench war fare of WW1.

So it's a weapon best suited to a "well regulated militia" and not at all suited for much other than warfare.

So it's a weapon best suited to a "well regulated militia" and not at all suited for much other than warfare.

Its suited for killing people, such as self defense against home invaders.

Are you really that dense?

In 1986 a civilian bodyguard for senator Kennedy was arrested in Washington D.C. for carrying an automatic Uzi machine gun and a Beretta handgun. It's a bit more serious than the vague definition of an "assault weapon" but rest assured charges were later dismissed. It doesn't matter if Stein broke several local, state and federal laws, he had the elite liberals on his side.

I own a Mossberg 500 .12 gage and it has an 18.5" barrel. It should do the job if, heaven forbid, it comes to that. A sawed off version belongs in a well regulated militia, not on the streets.

I own a Mossberg 500 .12 gage and it has an 18.5" barrel. It should do the job if, heaven forbid, it comes to that. A sawed off version belongs in a well regulated militia, not on the streets.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't see how the barrel length can transform it into a weapon of mass destruction.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't see how the barrel length can transform it into a weapon of mass destruction.
It reduces the weapon to a single use: killing people. It cannot be used for hunting nor target shooting (both legitimate uses and worthy of protection). Remember, there's more to that 2nd amendment than "shall not be infringed".

It reduces the weapon to a single use: killing people. It cannot be used for hunting nor target shooting (both legitimate uses and worthy of protection). Remember, there's more to that 2nd amendment than "shall not be infringed".
So what?

Killing people can be a useful thing, when they're trying to kill you.

You are right it includes the right to self defense, the right to community defense and the right to form and join a militia. Weapons provided by the citizenry. So yes a weapon who's sole purpose is to kill is in fact protected under the second amendment. Ohh and one can target shoot with one.

So what?

Killing people can be a useful thing, when they're trying to kill you.

How many people have tried to kill you, Odd-dude?

Forum List

Back