Ask a snob: Why are MILLIONS of jobs going "unfilled"?

To summarize: BakshisMouse wants to go to College, and wants the rest of US to pay for it.

I'm going to college. It might be hard, but I'm going.

I just think it would be easy for the Federal government to make it easier for more people to go. If that means using tax dollars, so be it. The USA is already undertaxed compared to the rest of the developed world.

It wasn't hard to figure out you were in fact going to College.:lol: Thanks for admitting to EVERYONE that YOU want THEM to pay HIGHER TAXES so YOU can go to College for FREE, or at least at a REDUCED Tuition. Pay you OWN damn Bills the rest of us are TIRED of it.
debt_free_lie.jpg

I just think it would be easy for the Federal government to make it easier for more people to go. If that means using tax dollars, so be it. The USA is already undertaxed compared to the rest of the developed world.
Like rderp, you're awfully generous with other people's money.

What are you majoring in? I want to know if my investment in your education has a chance of being repaid.

I'm planning to major in finance actually. Thank you for your curiosity in the tax dollars that are hardly contributing to my education in the slightest. (i.e. yours)

The default rate on Direct Stafford Loans is not high, got it? So unless you can prove that such programs are a burden to the public as a whole, rather than a huge help, I suggest you stuff it.
And yet you want free education.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, kid.

It wasn't hard to figure out you were in fact going to College.:lol: Thanks for admitting to EVERYONE that YOU want THEM to pay HIGHER TAXES so YOU can go to College for FREE, or at least at a REDUCED Tuition. Pay you OWN damn Bills the rest of us are TIRED of it.
debt_free_lie.jpg

Received two big "hand outs"? That's not "paying your way".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid - YouTube[/ame]

And yet you want free education.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, kid.
I know that, ignoramus. However, considering that the federal government is constitutionally allowed to borrow on credit, and also tax at whatever damn rate it wants to, I don't think the cost of enacting the proposals that I suggest would be that burdensome.

You still have not made a compelling case that what I propose would be overly burdensome.

'Free' education? Could rdean explain how we educate kids for 'free'?

What the fuck does that have to do with the OP?

In any case, there are plenty of "free" schools of higher education in the world. Just look at Germany, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland. The tuition and other expenses for domestic students in these public universities is funded by the state. It might not be "free", because it's funded by tax dollars, but there you go.

Then why did you call it "free"?

A friend of mine runs the IT department for a small non-profit. He can't find a good basic programmer, even in this economy.

Sounds like, in addition to allowing competition to produce better educational results, we should be encouraging more LEGAL immigration by those with valuable skills.

'Free' education? Could rdean explain how we educate kids for 'free'?

What the fuck does that have to do with the OP?

In any case, there are plenty of "free" schools of higher education in the world. Just look at Germany, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland. The tuition and other expenses for domestic students in these public universities is funded by the state. It might not be "free", because it's funded by tax dollars, but there you go.

Then why did you call it "free"?

I put the word "free" in quotation marks for that reason.

You won't get your real education until you are out in the world working, kid. Sounds like you need it.

You won't get your real education until you are out in the world working, kid. Sounds like you need it.
^^^^
This was said a guy who could not even correctly identify an actual, mean-spirited, bigoted racist if he were paid to do so.

If you think that was perfectly written English, you are not ready to go to college, kid.

If you think that was perfectly written English, you are not ready to go to college, kid.
^^^^
If you think you are in any way an intelligent person, you are not ready to step foot outside of your house. Asshole.

Just how old are you, anyway?

One sure way NOT to get the emphasis placed on science, Technology, engineering and math preparation --- is to make repayment of student loans, contingient on the ABILITY TO PAY. That's a keystone of the Obama changes to the student loan system...

A degree in Women's studies and no job --- NO problem.. Ole Flacaltenn will just eat that poor decision you made for yourself.. Too many newborns? --- No problem.. Forget that fun 4 yrs you spent in Sports Broadcasting as an undergraduate. Don't need to repay the loan as fast as the jerk who sweated thru "Fields and Waves" and ThermoDynamics instead of procreating..

New manufacturing techniques of automation, artificial intelligience, nanotech, and logistics will require ALL LEVELS of skills.. But it doesn't lift off without emphasis on STEM (science, tech, eng, math). And I haven't heard that from the Dem leadership and the Dept of Education isn't the org to get that job done...

Last edited:
One sure way NOT to get the emphasis placed on science, Technology, engineering and math preparation --- is to make repayment of student loans, contingient on the ABILITY TO PAY. That's a keystone of the Obama changes to the student loan system...

A degree in Women's studies and no job --- NO problem.. Ole Flacaltenn will just eat that poor decision you made for yourself.. Too many newborns? --- No problem.. Forget that fun 4 yrs you spent in Sports Broadcasting as an undergraduate. Don't need to repay the loan as fast as the jerk who sweated thru "Fields and Waves" and ThermoDynamics instead of procreating..

If there were more lenient loans for the majors desired, would you then approve of such an expansion?

Like the city of Detroit and Chicago, if education sucks then it lays at the door step of the left and of Democrats. Conservatives and republicans have been pushed OUT of education for quite some time.

Hey, I have an idea! Why don't we teach kids about science, how to do mathmatics, and how to write, read and speak English. Let's take all of this "Johnny has two mommies" social engineering crap and throw it out the window. Disband the Department of Education and make any federal involvement in education illegal (give the money directly to the states). Put control of education at the LOCAL level. If Johnny doesn't want to come to school, then kick his ass out! If Billy doesn't do what he's supposed to do and causes problems, then kick his ass out. A student puts his hands on a teacher, and he is GONE. A teacher puts his hand on a student, and they are GONE. School isn't a government babysitter. You can have alternative schools and offer them the ability to go to alternative school. Institute a grading system that eliminates social progression. You fail, you repeat a grade. You don't like that, tough shit.

Tell the teachers unions that tenure is a product of their psychotic minds and that they WILL teach and they will do so the way we (the parents) want you to teach. Actually make it so you can fire a teacher like in a couple days, NOT a couple years. Then PAY THEM a living salary for their commitment. Institute a ratio of administrators to teachers that is as solid as concrete. Fire the rest of them. Reinstitute after school athletics for both boys and girls, phys ed and music classes for ALL GRADES.

I know... I'm dreaming... who would show those 12 year olds how to put on a condom?

If there were more lenient loans for the majors desired, would you then approve of such an expansion?

Nope... You don't bribe people to go into STEM professions, they need to make that call for themselves. You can INFLUENCE that decision by showing them the rewards and satisfaction they will get for signing up --- and have mentors that prepare them for the task.

Exactly what I'm saying. You haven't yet provided proof that such a proposal would be unsustainable.

Why should it be sustainable? the ONLY person who should pay YOUR Bills is YOU.

Forum List

Back