Armed security guard killed by police officer responding to shooting

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I know I am supposed to comment on the article I post, but I'm finding it very difficult to do so since here we are again.

Can we at least agree for far too many people in this country a black man is viewed as a threat and an armed black man is viewed only a someone who needs to be put down. Are you all going to continue to deny this?

Nov. 12, 2018 / 11:06 AM PST / Updated 12:24 PM PST
By Jared Grossman

An armed guard working at a bar in a Chicago suburb was killed early Sunday by an officer who was responding to a call of shots fired, authorities say.

According to the Cook County sheriff’s office, officers from Robbins, Illinois, and the nearby village of Midlothian were the first to respond shortly after 4 a.m. on Sunday to a shooting at Manny’s Blue Room Bar in Robbins.

181112-jemel-roberson-guard-killed-illinois-se-135p_b29799e3ef0fea804024c8c78e8a9aab.fit-760w.jpg

Jemel Roberson via NBC Chicago
An officer from Midlothian fired at the security guard, who was later identified as 26-year-old Jemel Roberson, according to Sheriff’s spokeswoman Sophia Ansari. Roberson was later pronounced dead in a local hospital.

I know I am supposed to comment on the article I post, but I'm finding it very difficult to do so since here we are again.

Can we at least agree for far too many people in this country a black man is viewed as a threat and an armed black man is viewed only a someone who needs to be put down. Are you all going to continue to deny this?

By Jared Grossman

An armed guard working at a bar in a Chicago suburb was killed early Sunday by an officer who was responding to a call of shots fired, authorities say.

According to the Cook County sheriff’s office, officers from Robbins, Illinois, and the nearby village of Midlothian were the first to respond shortly after 4 a.m. on Sunday to a shooting at Manny’s Blue Room Bar in Robbins.

181112-jemel-roberson-guard-killed-illinois-se-135p_b29799e3ef0fea804024c8c78e8a9aab.fit-760w.jpg

An officer from Midlothian fired at the security guard, who was later identified as 26-year-old Jemel Roberson, according to Sheriff’s spokeswoman Sophia Ansari. Roberson was later pronounced dead in a local hospital.
Interesting that only this statement was presented by the news, and nothing else. That was like NBC editing the George Zimmerman self defense shooting to make it look like George was a racist, when it was Trayvon Martin who was the homophobe...

I carry a concealed weapon every day. Last thing I want is to be standing there with a pistol in my hand when the cops show up.

Evidently he missed that part during his weapons training.

By Jared Grossman

Agreed but with reservations and I don't know how to fix this.

I think folks need to realize once every 1,000,000 contacts (number made up) a police officer is going to shoot someone on happenstance. Once every 1,000,000 whatevers at work I'm going to transpose some numbers. We all screw up. Regardless if a cop screws up maliciously hang him.

What are the numbers for blacks as a percentage of the population?

What are the numbers for blacks as a percentage of police contacts?

What are the numbers for blacks as a percentage of shooting victims? Right and wrong?

By Jared Grossman

I think folks need to realize once every 1,000,000 contacts (number made up) a police officer is going to shoot someone on happenstance. Once every 1,000,000 whatevers at work I'm going to transpose some numbers. We all screw up. Regardless if a cop screws up maliciously hang him.

What are the numbers for blacks as a percentage of shooting victims? Right and wrong?
maybe if the Liberal Democrats up on the hill would tell their black lives matter constituents to stop assassinating the men in blue, maybe shit like this wouldn't happen.

By Jared Grossman

maybe if the Liberal Democrats up on the hill would tell their black lives matter constituents to stop assassinating the men in blue, maybe shit like this wouldn't happen.

Thus you prove to me racism is alive and well in America and we need to look closer at the social media and message board postings off all officers involved in shootings. Great man, you made your point.

By Jared Grossman

Wouldn't want to be a cop in Chicago. Those guys and girls are wound up pretty tight these days.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Hello, NewsVine_Mariyam. Can we agree large numbers of perfectly HEALTHY FATHERLESS American newborns are being raised, nurtured and socialized by single black or American girls and women of African descent who many of President and Mrs. Obama friends or WH guests HATEFULLY denigrate as less than human Bitches, 'HOES', 'THOTS' or 'Rachet' females undeserving of being treated with basic human respect?

NewsVine_Mariyam, can we agree large numbers of black or American mothers of African descent have failed their children, community and Nation by raising APPARENT EMOTIONALLY TROUBLED SUICIDAL, HOMICIDAL thinking teens and adults engaging in people and community harming ANTI-SOCIAL behaviors that cause FEAR, as well as scare the living crap out of police as well community members?

VIDEOS DEPICTING EMOTIONALLY ILL HOMICIDAL SUICIDAL YOUNG AMERICAN CITIZENS (age- restricted)

NewsVine_Mariyam, in my opinion, the APPARENT 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims appearing in these recordings UNKNOWINGLY are providing a disturbing symbol for America’s Culture of African American Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect & Maltreatment evolving from America’s oppressive, multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism.

Sadly, each of the apparent emotionally or mentally ill suicidal/homicidal thinking Americans (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) appearing in these horrifying recordings are exhibiting self, people and community harming behaviors that I, as well as a growing number of my responsible, caring American neighbors believe are impeding our responsible, peaceful black or American neighbors, friends and co-workers of African descent from fully experiencing the respect and equality all peaceful Americans have a right to enjoy.

"Mental illness in Black Communities" Published on Nov 10, 2010 www dawsondenise com

Mental illness in Black Communities

"Emotional Woman Wants Her 'TRIFLING SAVAGE' Black Sisters Destroyed!" ~Chyna Fox

The UGLY truth about Chicago. They're going to flag this video so watch while you can!

NewsVine_Mariyam, if you have one, I look forward to reading your well thought out, intelligent reply.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Jemel Roberson.

Peace.

gang members RESPONSIBLE AMERICANS.jpg

obama bitches hoes.jpg

By Jared Grossman

Could it be that the reputation of CHICAGO black murderers may have proceeded this unfortunate event?

Wouldn't want to be a cop in Chicago. Those guys and girls are wound up pretty tight these days.

Hello, JGalt. Frankly, I would not want to be a Chicago resident...PERIOD.

Chicago native James Hawthorne 'Almost got killed on my wedding day and birthday'

"(Most) Black Women are the reason for the ignorance and killing done by (Most) Black Men" ~James Hawthorne "Ghetto News Network"

Peace.

POLICE EDUCATOR TRAINING CHILD ABUSE.jpg

Hello, JGalt. Frankly, I would not want to be a Chicago resident...PERIOD.

Chicago native James Hawthorne 'Almost got killed on my wedding day and birthday'

"(Most) Black Women are the reason for the ignorance and killing done by (Most) Black Men" ~James Hawthorne "Ghetto News Network"

Peace.

Me neither. The place has turned into a third-world country of is own.

How mamy mass shootings have white boys committed in the last 2 weeks?

Tally up all the violent acts in our lifetimes and you will see that whites lead by a large margin.

So you whites here need to stop talking about reputations. So where are you on the subject of the mentally disturbed homicidal white boy Jahrman?

Because when we talk about mentally disturbed blacks just look right to Avery Jahrman.

Last edited:
So I have to wonder what was said in the 911 call(s) summoning the police. I can't imagine working that kind of detail (since he was armed) and the local P.D. being unaware that this particular venue has armed personnel on the premises.

It's almost as if they were working with no information at all and I just don't see how that could be which brings me right back to the premise that they simply view black men as inherently violent and dangerous.

There is no excuse for this bullshit again, particularly if the guard was in uniform or wearing any type of insignia.

And we still don't know what the official story is of Amber Guyger, the Dallas Police officer who shot and killed her neighbor Botham Jean because she allegedly mistook his apartment for her own and him to be an intruder. This is how rediculous things have gotten.

1. there is no way you can prove they are shot because of their skin color--that is RIDICULOUS
2. blacks commit violent crime/murder at much higher rates--it is only SMART to be cautious of black men

we've been over this before a million times
shootings of black men is NOT a major, chronic problem
the FACTS/numbers prove this beyond a doubt
[Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer./QUOTE]
In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous
, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

New Topics

Forum List

Back