Armed citizen helps Sheriff's deputy....shoots at homeless man attacking deputy...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here we have a case of a citizen helping a LEO in trouble....

When This Sheriff's Deputy's Good Deed Took A Turn For the Worst, One Woman Stepped Up to Help

It started at a Chevron on Georgia Highway 400 when 52-year-old Sgt. Randy Harkness arrived with a homeless man. Sheriff Jeff Johnson said the Harkness had given the man a courtesy ride to the gas station to help him out with a bit of money.

“He then began to give the gentleman some money just to help him out and the suspect began to physically assault him,” said Sheriff Johnson.

The sheriff said a woman in a car at the Chevron witnessed the assault, got out of her car, gun in hand, and fired on the homeless man attacking Harkness. Eyewitnesses in the gas station saw it unfold.

“She shot off, a round. The guy got off the police officer and she shot another round and he was running that way I think, there was three shots,” said Aseem Kahn, owner of the station.

The sheriff’s office told FOX 5 News, the man, who’d been hit by at least one slug, ran across the street to this McDonald’s where he attacked an elderly woman in the parking lot.

The heroic bystander declined to speak publicly about her actions, but Sheriff Johnson said, “I truly believe she’s a hero. I believe she thankfully saved this officer’s life.”

Forum List

Back