Arizona House Panel Approves Measure to Reject Refugee Resettlement

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Looks like the states are finally taking a stand against this invasion Obama is bringing in on us all. I'm sure the Blue states will take them.

snip:
Republicans say they don't trust the fedgov to vet the refugees.
News
Sarah Fisher

An Arizona House panel has passed a measure that would allow the state to refuse resettled refugees if they have not been properly vetted.

Republicans said they don't trust the federal government to properly vet incoming refugees. Democrats pleaded against passing another bill that would stereotype the state for demonizing foreigners.

Rep. Bob Thorpe, R-Flagstaff said his measure would also require the federal government to reimburse the state's costs.

"These refugees have trauma, they have war-related problems, that tells me that those people are going to need a huge amount of dollars from taxpayers," he said.

Other state legislatures are also considering measures resisting the federal government's refugee resettlement program.

Florida lawmakers are considering legislation allowing the governor to use military force to keep out immigrants or refugees from countries outside the Western Hemisphere.

South Carolina's Legislature is considering a proposal requiring state police to track refugees coming to the state and hold their sponsors liable for damages if they commit an act of terrorism.

More than 3,600 refugees have been resettled in Arizona in the past budget year. The refugees come from all over including Syria, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq.

all of it here:

Looks like the states are finally taking a stand against this invasion Obama is bringing in on us all. I'm sure the Blue states will take them.

snip:
Republicans say they don't trust the fedgov to vet the refugees.
News
Sarah Fisher

An Arizona House panel has passed a measure that would allow the state to refuse resettled refugees if they have not been properly vetted.

Republicans said they don't trust the federal government to properly vet incoming refugees. Democrats pleaded against passing another bill that would stereotype the state for demonizing foreigners.

Rep. Bob Thorpe, R-Flagstaff said his measure would also require the federal government to reimburse the state's costs.

"These refugees have trauma, they have war-related problems, that tells me that those people are going to need a huge amount of dollars from taxpayers," he said.

Other state legislatures are also considering measures resisting the federal government's refugee resettlement program.

Florida lawmakers are considering legislation allowing the governor to use military force to keep out immigrants or refugees from countries outside the Western Hemisphere.

South Carolina's Legislature is considering a proposal requiring state police to track refugees coming to the state and hold their sponsors liable for damages if they commit an act of terrorism.

More than 3,600 refugees have been resettled in Arizona in the past budget year. The refugees come from all over including Syria, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq.

all of it here:

I am going to take a page out of your book,,, here goes

why do you care? do you live there? you should keep your nose out of places you have nothing to do with

There just ain't enough white folks to help all these brown folk

These votes are just symbolic. Ultimately, there is nothing they can do to stop the federal government from settling those people there.

Forum List

Back