Arizona Diamondbacks Are Getting Hammered About McCutchen’s Plunking

rex34

Rookie
Jun 25, 2014
The Arizona Diamondbacks are making headlines across the country. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with how well their starting pitching was this weekend. It’s not even about how bad their record is (14 games under .500). No, it is about that plunk heard around the world, or when Randall Delgado threw a fastball directly at Andrew McCutchen‘s back. This was one day after Paul Goldschmidt had his season ended thanks to Ernesto Frieri breaking his left hand with a fastball. While most everyone believes that Goldschmidt’s injury was an accident, they also believe that McCutchen’s was intentional.

more:

Arizona Diamondbacks Are Getting Hammered About McCutchen's Plunking

As a Giants fan, I find this painful season the DEE-Backs are having amusing, although a little disappointing that it isn't the Dogers.

However in fairness I have to agree with the author that the sports writers on this are hopelessly ignorant.

Totally needless. Don’t try to be a member of the thought police.

But those two items the writers put out there bothered me a little bit.

Still, the 'Backs frustration shouldn't give license for immaturity.

Jus' my thoughts. :eusa_whistle:

This must be "Pick On Arizona Week".

This "retaliation" stuff happens ALL THE TIME.

Kirk Gibson is old school. You plunk my best player with a pitch, expect your best player to get the same treatment.

Keeps everybody honest.

Gibson played for Sparky Anderson and Tommy Lasorda, two of the BEST. Enough said.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back