Arizona - Bannon and the Turtle square off

Flake retirement could help GOP save the Senate

I'm not predicting which party will win this seat, but McConnell seriously thinks he can recruit a mainstream conservative to defeat a candidate picked by Bannon? Did they see how that worked in Ala?
Fortunately, not all of the country is like Alabama.
yea, arizona is full of bedwetters that love illegals.
You've got a point there. But maybe they'll nominate someone off the wall like Sheriff Joe--or actually nominate Sheriff Joe. There is some sanity left in this world, TN.

I'm not predicting which party will win this seat, but McConnell seriously thinks he can recruit a mainstream conservative to defeat a candidate picked by Bannon? Did they see how that worked in Ala?
You've got a point there. But maybe they'll nominate someone off the wall like Sheriff Joe--or actually nominate Sheriff Joe. There is some sanity left in this world, TN.
what makes you think they didnt like him?

Maybe, but Bannon seems all in for Kelli Contrails. You'd think that rationally Bannon could agree with the state party to run some little known person who is willing to say anything Bannon tells him/her to say and just doesn't have baggage.

Maybe, but Bannon seems all in for Kelli Contrails. You'd think that rationally Bannon could agree with the state party to run some little known person who is willing to say anything Bannon tells him/her to say and just doesn't have baggage.
Does anyone think it's a bit strange/creepy that Steve Bannon is supposedly the person now directing who the Republican party will put up for election? That's not ringing any alarm bells with anyone, huh?

Does anyone think it's a bit strange/creepy that Steve Bannon is supposedly the person now directing who the Republican party will put up for election? That's not ringing any alarm bells with anyone, huh?
Considering Trump won the primaries by a huge margin, I would think he would have support from a lot of Republicans.

Considering Trump won the primaries by a huge margin, I would think he would have support from a lot of Republicans.
Hope springs eternal, TN, that people will wake up.

Whats wrong with Bannon? I dont know much about him. Hell, i never heard of him until last year.

I don't see how losing a solidly conservative incumbent Senator helps Republicans

Running an alt-right Bannon picked candidate for Flakes seat only opens the door for Democrats to run a moderate and steal the seat

Now, McCain's seat could be difficult. If he dies or resigns, I can see the Republican Governor appointing a Sherriff Joe Arpaio or Kelly Contrails type to appease Conservatives

Bannon and McConnell seem to be dueling. In Ala, the Oranguton went with McConnell but the guy has the loyalty ... a con man. So, I'd guess he'll back Bannon this time around. LOL

Whats wrong with Bannon? I dont know much about him. Hell, i never heard of him until last year.
He's worked in Wall Street, Hollywood and been owner/editor of the bullshit press Breitbart. He spent a short time in the WH, but was too radical and divisive even for Trump, and thus was booted.
Now this guy is going to be the person chosing who the Republicans pick to represent them? Hell, Bannon doesn't even like Republicans.
It's bad, TN. Bannon is obsessed with his personal agenda for how the country should operate, and he's played around in all the areas that control the populace with propaganda--big money, media and briefly, the political machine. I don't trust him. He's out to control this country's voters and if people let him, it's on them.

I don't see how losing a solidly conservative incumbent Senator helps Republicans

Running an alt-right Bannon picked candidate for Flakes seat only opens the door for Democrats to run a moderate and steal the seat

Now, McCain's seat could be difficult. If he dies or resigns, I can see the Republican Governor appointing a Sherriff Joe Arpaio or Kelly Contrails type to appease Conservatives
The dems already have their candidate too.

I think we'll see the same thing play out in Ariz and in Miss when Cochran has to step down ... he's incontinent and now appears to be unable to find his hearing room. Name a state party insider, and have a special election. Of course Miss would rather elect the Grand Wizard of the KKK than a dem. Ariz may be a tad saner.

He's worked in Wall Street, Hollywood and been owner/editor of the bullshit press Breitbart. He spent a short time in the WH, but was too radical and divisive even for Trump, and thus was booted.
Now this guy is going to be the person chosing who the Republicans pick to represent them? Hell, Bannon doesn't even like Republicans.
It's bad, TN. Bannon is obsessed with his personal agenda for how the country should operate, and he's played around in all the areas that control the populace with propaganda--big money, media and briefly, the political machine. I don't trust him. He's out to control this country's voters and if people let him, it's on them.
Sounds like typical media IMO. Him owning/running (whatever) breitbart i knew about..
He isnt choosing republicans, he rallies the people to vote for someone. I dont think he has anything to do with the republican party. He hates mainstream republicans from what i can tell. I think most repubs do too. At least thats the way they talk. They do have a very high election rate..

Sounds like typical media IMO. Him owning/running (whatever) breitbart i knew about..
He isnt choosing republicans, he rallies the people to vote for someone. I dont think he has anything to do with the republican party. He hates mainstream republicans from what i can tell. I think most repubs do too. At least thats the way they talk. They do have a very high election rate..
Yes, he rallies the people. That's a problem when the guy doing the rallying is Steve Bannon. He feeds on our darker instincts and feeds the dissatisfaction and anger that is turning D.C. into a mud wresting match.

Yes, he rallies the people. That's a problem when the guy doing the rallying is Steve Bannon. He feeds on our darker instincts and feeds the dissatisfaction and anger that is turning D.C. into a mud wresting match.
Like most others? Lol

fingers-crossed.gif
fingers-crossed.gif

Joe Arpaio still considering Arizona Senate run, says he met Steve Bannon twice Joe Arpaio still considering Arizona Senate run, says he met Steve Bannon twice

Joe Arpaio Just Proclaimed his next Malicious Move in Arizona

fingers-crossed.gif
fingers-crossed.gif

Joe Arpaio still considering Arizona Senate run, says he met Steve Bannon twice Joe Arpaio still considering Arizona Senate run, says he met Steve Bannon twice

Joe Arpaio Just Proclaimed his next Malicious Move in Arizona
<shudder>

Flake has been the most unpopular senators for years now, he just squeaked out his last reelection by 3 points, Trump won AZ by 20 points. Donors have not been supporting him and he's just trying to save face, he sees the writing on the wall.

Kelli Ward came the closest of anyone of unseating McCain and has a good chance of winning the nomination for Flakes seat.

Forum List

Back