Argentina's lower house passes bill to allow abortion

Many people (including me) are pleased that Argentina has decided to legalize abortion instead of forcing women to get illegal abortions in unsanitary conditions.

If I am not mistaken, rich women throughout history have been able to secure an abortion. Only ordinary women have been forced to give birth.

Some people really, really, really oppose abortion on moral grounds. That is their right to do so.

And some people (including me) think that family planning & abortion should be available to any woman who wants them.

I think of all the very, very, very bad human beings and fantasize what the world would be like if they had never been brought into the world. Yes, I realize that abortion opponents think that some potentially great people have been aborted. And that is possible, too.

When push comes to shove, however, the woman should have the last word on this topic, IMHO.

"Celebrations erupt in Argentina after the country's Senate voted to legalize elective abortion, becoming the largest country in Latin America to do so."

Forum List

Back