Are you under a shelter in place order?

Are you under a shelter in place type order?

• Yes

• No

• Unknown

Results are only viewable after voting.
Voluntary. Most are kinda self quarantining. I'd say 90%. I went to the hardware yesterday and bought some 1 x 1 box tube and a sheet of 1/8 black plate. Angie was wearing a mask and gloves at the cash register and Rafa(the owner) and I greeted with a fist bump. Then I hit the bank and the doorman sprayed everyone hands and forearms with some blue crap, likely clorhexadine. Eight windows so 2-3 walk out and 2-3 more enter their place. One gal wiped the counter(s) where the previous was and said: Go ahead.
Most bank online.
It's not law. The bank decided it was simple and might help. The inside seating was stacked in the corners

CT, NY & NJ have banded together to be of like mind. i believe other new england states will be or already have followed suit since the virus doesn't understand borders, political affiliation, gender, or age... only that it needs a host.

Starting Monday at midnight the entire KC metro is on lockdown except for "essential" workers.
Thankfully construction projects are considered essential so I will be able to continue my work.

Yes.

We can go to the store, or drive thrus or work so it is not really that much of a lock down.

I am lucky in that I can work from home and will be going to the office about once a week. There are things that need to be done physically so a few of us are taking a day and going into the office and doing all of what needs done.

Starting Monday at midnight the entire KC metro is on lockdown except for "essential" workers.
Thankfully construction projects are considered essential so I will be able to continue my work.
Shouldn't essential workers be getting hazardous pay for being forced to work while others stay home, and are supposedly being safer at home ???????????????????

Where are the essential workers pay for exposing themselves to the possibility of contracting this thing, and worse bringing it home to their families unaware ??

Things aren't being handled correctly if you ask me in this area. I know money isn't the answer, and safety is, but recognizing those that go above and beyond has always been an American trend. And quarantine is being highly selective it appears, where winners and losers are being picked in this thing.

The numbers of cases are staggering since the thing got here, and the number of deaths ain't good. If we are going to beat this thing, then let's do the right thing for all, and let's make sure that those having to be exposed are being protected as best as possible. Thanking an essential worker is in order, just stay 6' away when doing so. :)

Managing the safety of essential workers and their work environment is essential with common sense and serious thought.

Allowing the chaotic gathering of people without regard to their exposure is criminal in my opinion. Exposing people for reasons of greed is also criminal in my opinion. Everything MUST be managed correctly. What part of this don't people understand ??

Yep. People are dealing pretty well, actually. For now.

Not sure what the end game is here, though. Fauci is saying we won't know much about efficacy for several weeks, so we'll see how long the kumbaya attitude lasts.

Voluntary. Most are kinda self quarantining. I'd say 90%. I went to the hardware yesterday and bought some 1 x 1 box tube and a sheet of 1/8 black plate. Angie was wearing a mask and gloves at the cash register and Rafa(the owner) and I greeted with a fist bump. Then I hit the bank and the doorman sprayed everyone hands and forearms with some blue crap, likely clorhexadine. Eight windows so 2-3 walk out and 2-3 more enter their place. One gal wiped the counter(s) where the previous was and said: Go ahead.
Most bank online.
It's not law. The bank decided it was simple and might help. The inside seating was stacked in the corners
Our banks aren't allowing anyone in the building. Drive through only.

We have closures, but no lockdowns.

few states are now voluntary

most states have declared some manner of lockdown

and that comes with 'teeth' if you/your biz sees it differently

There's a big dif betwixt American ethics , and those who would impose control of American ethics

~S~

All of my adult children and their families are self-quarantining in their home and only leave to buy groceries or go to work. They have their children on total home lockdown.

They call and bug the heck out of me everyday to stay home and don't leave. Because I still go out every day shopping, go to the beach, coffee shop, and anywhere else I decide to go.

They all say you "Boomers" are crazy.

I just tell them you're right and laugh. .. :thup: .. :cool:

Last edited:
Amazing how Americans are so willing to give up their Freedom.
Government over reaction

Last edited:
We have closures, but no lockdowns.

few states are now voluntary

most states have declared some manner of lockdown

and that comes with 'teeth' if you/your biz sees it differently

There's a big dif betwixt American ethics , and those who would impose control of American ethics

~S~
Tthe closures we have are of bars and gyms, fitness center. Restaurants can do delivery or take out here. Beaches in hardest hit counties are closed, but not in others. They just request a 6 ft distancing. Some cities have closed parks, others haven’t.
I guess you could say there is a lockdown in nursing homes, as no visitors are allowed, unless for those about to pass.

Most bank online.
Our banks aren't allowing anyone in the building. Drive through only.

Yeah, same here ,long line of folks exchanging dollar bills through a sliding drawer, none of which are wearing gloves, all of which repetitively 'touch bills' touch steer wheel' 'touch face'

the-chain-of.jpg

~S~

I work in residential construction. Fri, governor Walz declined a full shutdown, but one still may come this week. Not sure if he was considering construction as essential. Many workers who are self employed were planning on working regardless of any shutdown. Most work in small teams of three or four, isolated on a jobsite the public shouldn't enter anyway.
Yet drive by any store and hundreds are there cleaning out the shelves. Daycare is operating for essential workers cramming 40 kids in even though we closed schools. Fast food workers crammed in a confined space operating the drive thru.

There is no real common sense in this shutdown mentality.

Amazing how Americans are so will to give up there Freedom.
Government over reaction
Overreacting or not ? Who knows, do you ??

I can give up a few weeks to see, but hopefully it isn't taken advantage of that's for sure. The people need to be watchful that's for sure.

Forum List

Back