Are you in favor of a pitch clock?

pitch clock?

• No, tradition for s important

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Yes, the game needs to speed up

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Yes, with an exception for when the mound is wet after rain.

The premise is that having a pitch clock will attract new fans to the game. The average age of baseball fans are something like 57. It’s a major problem, no doubt. But I don’t think the issue is the pitch clock is the answer. Baseball needs to start juicing balls again imo.

The premise is that having a pitch clock will attract new fans to the game. The average age of baseball fans are something like 57. It’s a major problem, no doubt. But I don’t think the issue is the pitch clock is the answer. Baseball needs to start juicing balls again imo.
It's a defensive game to begin with....If you want to watch slug fests, go to a softball game.

No, but not for either of the reasons in the poll. More along the lines of "if it ain't broke".

The idea that the Game needs "speeding up" completely misses the whole point of Baseball. By its very rules it ain't about 'speeding up the game". All that is is blatant advertiser-massaging. It makes as much sense as "speeding up" a game of chess.

Yes, with an exception for when the mound is wet after rain.

Yeah again if a pitch clock closes the deal on whether or not you go to baseball games, then you don't understand the Game in the first place.

No, but not for either of the reasons in the poll. More along the lines of "if it ain't broke".

The idea that the Game needs "speeding up" completely misses the whole point of Baseball. By its very rules it ain't about 'speeding up the game". All that is is blatant advertiser-massaging. It makes as much sense as "speeding up" a game of chess.

Exactly. It’s a pure game

So when the pitcher takes too long on the mound a bell goes off and then what?....10 or 15 minuets of more wasted time...let the pitcher control the speed of the game....that's the way its always been....

So when the pitcher takes too long on the mound a bell goes off and then what?....10 or 15 minuets of more wasted time...let the pitcher control the speed of the game....that's the way its always been....
I've seen it in Triple-A parks...It's like the football snap clock...If the pitcher isn't in the process of pitching by the clock expires, a ball is called by the umpire.

I've seen it in Triple-A parks...It's like the football snap clock...If the pitcher isn't in the process of pitching by the clock expires, a ball is called by the umpire.

Football is a TIMED game. Just as basketball is a timed game, hockey is a timed game, soccer is a timed game.

Baseball is different from ALL of those. A Baseball game can go on indefinitely.

Yes,yes, yes

10 seconds from when the catcher throws you the ball

Football is a TIMED game. Just as basketball is a timed game, hockey is a timed game, soccer is a timed game.

Baseball is different from ALL of those. A Baseball game can go on indefinitely.
It often seems that way

Forum List

Back