Are you anal retentive?

Anal retentive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top 5 signs you are anal-retentive

Urban Dictionary: anal retentive

When looking at merchandise at a store, if a product is in the wrong spot, I'll move it to the correct place. This isn't to help the store keep things tidy, it's because I hate seeing things out of place.
After shaving, I always make sure that there aren't any little rouge hairs on the sink.
I correct people who say improper phrases like "Me and him". (People really hate this!)
After eating at a restaurant I put all my used dishes and napkins on one plate. Again, this isn't to help the server, it's because I hate to see a mess on a table.
I always clean up any gobs of toothpaste in the sink basin, they bug me.
I -always- put the toilet seat down, including the lid (I blame my mother).
My pant's pockets each serve their own purposes, which is strictly enforced.
Front left: Keys and silver change.
Front right: Writing utensils, comb, and pennies.
Back left: Empty.
Back right: Wallet.
Fifth pocket: Hair tie.
I always push the little buttons down on pop lids -before- drinking anything at fast food restaurants.
Toilet paper -must- roll from over the top. Otherwise I will switch it, even if I'm at someone else's house.
I have to sleep with my pillow covering my head (Not sure why).
I clip my finger nails so that they are parallel to my fingers, not the skin beneath them.
I heavily document my code even when not forced to (If you're a programmer you understand why this is anal).
The contents of my medicine cabinet are structured and keep their structure at all times.
I remove all the loose hair from my hairbrush every time I use it.
I cringe when people say they are doing "good" as opposed to doing "well".
I hate it when disc jockeys talk during the beginning or ending of a song.
I always close opened doors, cupboards, cabinets, etc.
I love when digital clocks read unique numbers like 12:34, 11:11, 4:04, 4:11, etc.
When I use a fork the tines must all be properly parallel or I will bend them so they are.
My shampoo and conditioner bottles have to be facing the same direction in the shower.

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/TheGuru/Docs/AnalRetentive.html

When looking at merchandise at a store, if a product is in the wrong spot, I'll move it to the correct place. This isn't to help the store keep things tidy, it's because I hate seeing things out of place.
After shaving, I always make sure that there aren't any little rouge hairs on the sink.
I correct people who say improper phrases like "Me and him". (People really hate this!)
After eating at a restaurant I put all my used dishes and napkins on one plate. Again, this isn't to help the server, it's because I hate to see a mess on a table.
I always push the little buttons down on pop lids -before- drinking anything at fast food restaurants.
Toilet paper -must- roll from over the top. Otherwise I will switch it, even if I'm at someone else's house.
I clip my finger nails so that they are parallel to my fingers, not the skin beneath them.
I heavily document my code even when not forced to (If you're a programmer you understand why this is anal).
The contents of my medicine cabinet are structured and keep their structure at all times.
I love when digital clocks read unique numbers like 12:34, 11:11, 4:04, 4:11, etc.
When I use a fork the tines must all be properly parallel or I will bend them so they are.
My shampoo and conditioner bottles have to be facing the same direction in the shower.

I don't consider many of these things as ocd or anal. Is it the reason for doing it - rather that the action itself - that makes it ocd?

Last edited:

I don't consider many of these things as ocd or anal. Is it the reason for doing it - rather that the action itself - that makes it ocd?

If you're truly anal, NOT having those things that way would bug the hell out of you.

200408090856110.emergenza.gif

If you're truly anal, NOT having those things that way would bug the hell out of you.

Oh, THANK GOD!! I do many of these things but it doesn't bug the hell out of me if it's not done. Ok, maybe the toilet seat -- dog drinking toilet water and many legos being flushed and stuck -- yeah, that an absolute. And the closing of cabinets doors or drawers but not so much cause it bugs me but because I'm always the one to whack their head or walk into it. lol

All of those things are OCD.

So are: checking and re-checking the door locks and windows (even when you know the house is locked up tight as a drum), not stepping on a crack, or counting how many steps you take, or refusing to touch others (ie, Howie Mandel), hoarding to the point you have bunny trails in your house and no place to sleep (all those places that get condemned you see on tv news), yada yada yada......

All OCD....

So are: checking and re-checking the door locks and windows (even when you know the house is locked up tight as a drum), not stepping on a crack, or counting how many steps you take, or refusing to touch others (ie, Howie Mandel), hoarding to the point you have bunny trails in your house and no place to sleep (all those places that get condemned you see on tv news), yada yada yada......

All OCD....

Well I'm not ocd but .. . . the toilet seat has to be down because of the dog and cat and things going down that shouldn't go down. Legos, wedding rings, toothbrushes. And the cabinets/drawers? I'm always the one to run into these things so I automatically close them. I've come close to whacking my eye on the corner of open cabinets many times. I gave up and just shut them all now. I automatically move full glasses of liquid back from the edge of the table and turn pot/pan handles to the side but I think that's just a 'mom' thing. lol

All OCD....

Well I'm not ocd but .. . . the toilet seat has to be down because of the dog and cat and things going down that shouldn't go down. Legos, wedding rings, toothbrushes. And the cabinets/drawers? I'm always the one to run into these things so I automatically close them. I've come close to whacking my eye on the corner of open cabinets many times. I gave up and just shut them all now. I automatically move full glasses of liquid back from the edge of the table and turn pot/pan handles to the side but I think that's just a 'mom' thing. lol

oh don't be so relieved--you probably have a WORSE neurosis ! :lol:

All OCD....

If you ever saw the video of a toilet flush 'plume' that erupts and sprays the room with every flush, you would never flush with the lid up again, regardless of gender.

Especially if you are like 99.9% of us who keep their toothbrush right next to the john. :eek:

Forum List

Back