Are you anal retentive?

All of those things are OCD.

So are: checking and re-checking the door locks and windows (even when you know the house is locked up tight as a drum), not stepping on a crack, or counting how many steps you take, or refusing to touch others (ie, Howie Mandel), hoarding to the point you have bunny trails in your house and no place to sleep (all those places that get condemned you see on tv news), yada yada yada......

All OCD....

Well I'm not ocd but .. . . the toilet seat has to be down because of the dog and cat and things going down that shouldn't go down. Legos, wedding rings, toothbrushes. And the cabinets/drawers? I'm always the one to run into these things so I automatically close them. I've come close to whacking my eye on the corner of open cabinets many times. I gave up and just shut them all now. I automatically move full glasses of liquid back from the edge of the table and turn pot/pan handles to the side but I think that's just a 'mom' thing. lol

If you ever saw the video of a toilet flush 'plume' that erupts and sprays the room with every flush, you would never flush with the lid up again, regardless of gender.

Especially if you are like 99.9% of us who keep their toothbrush right next to the john. :eek:

I have and that is part of it (although I'm far from a germaphobe). I always turn my back to the toilet in public rest rooms as soon as I flush -- or on those freaky auto-flush ones -because there are no lids on them. Oh . . . grosss.

First off Anal-Retentive is a proper noun and both words must be capitalized.
Second the word is hyphenated and forgetting to do so is an unforgivable sin.

you should be shot. :wtf:

:lol:

I'm anal when it comes to spelling and typos. It just seems sloppy to me, and at work I don't think it reflects well on the individual when they habitually send emails riddled with mistakes. It makes me assume they don't bother to proof read. A lot of that spills over here out of habit, which has led many to conclude that I'm seriously anal-retentive. And that really cracks me up since apart from this anomaly, I'm the least anal person I know.

No, but I work in an building that is.

Try to get anyone here talking about books, current events, art, or ideas and you will see their eyes roll up in the back of their heads like great white sharks on a seal buffet, but if they can bitch about Lilliputian crap that really does not matter in life, like parking spaces or why their building badges are not 24 hours, or what time one person came in and the other did not and they will go on, and on, and on, and on from here to pettily.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back