Are you an intuitive or reflective thinker?

Intuition is subliminal logic.

EXACTLY right.

Intuition is the intelligence that nature has given higher animals such that they can decide without having ALL THE DATA.

If we didn't ACT intuitively every damned day, we're NEVER DO ANYTHING.

Some of us trust that intuitive thinking process more than others, but we ALL use our intuition pretty much constantly.

Pure logical rational thinking is actually something that we seldom do unless we are working at MATH or Physics or some hard science where the rule of rational thinking are clearly set out for us.
Yep. And I consider myself to be an intuitive thinker and I am as close to being an atheist as possible without actually being one. :lol:

So I think the research must be flawed.

Is it that we 'think' at all... It is perhaps beyond the reason of most to understand the human psyche and thought process... What was it? Ahhh, (if I may share it), the first is God's best (obviously without thought), the second is chaotic and out of sinc (a favorite of many), and the third is God's 'second best'.... Are 'we' up for this kind of lesson in our individual lives? Reflection is very important... But we are taught to 'think' by obeying... :D and then some.

An interesting study published in the Journal of Experimental Psychology by Harvard researchers printed here The Harvard Crimson:

Study Finds Correlation Between Belief in God and Cognitive Style | News | The Harvard Crimson

For months (years) I've argued that conservatives, and in particular social conservatives, rarely engage in critical thinking. Posted above is an article which supports my observations.
And we all know that Correlation leads to Causation, every time! :lol:

Intuition is subliminal logic.

EXACTLY right.

Intuition is the intelligence that nature has given higher animals such that they can decide without having ALL THE DATA.

If we didn't ACT intuitively every damned day, we're NEVER DO ANYTHING.

Some of us trust that intuitive thinking process more than others, but we ALL use our intuition pretty much constantly.

Pure logical rational thinking is actually something that we seldom do unless we are working at MATH or Physics or some hard science where the rule of rational thinking are clearly set out for us.
Yep. And I consider myself to be an intuitive thinker and I am as close to being an atheist as possible without actually being one. :lol:

So I think the research must be flawed.

I wouldn't doubt it.

ACtually I suspect that dogmatic thinkers of FAITH use their intuition less than people without Faith.

Why?

Because religious DOGMA claims to have answers, thus making it easier for those who subscribe to an authoritarian POV about GOD and BEING to NOT think about the human condition.

I wouldn't doubt it.

ACtually I suspect that dogmatic thinkers of FAITH use their intuition less than people without Faith.

Why?

Because religious DOGMA claims to have answers, thus making it easier for those who subscribe to an authoritarian POV about GOD and BEING to NOT think about the human condition.

Wouldn't that equally apply to dogmatic partisans?

While I do not dismiss this research as nonsense I defintiely do think that we are all BOTH.

No matter how much we might THINK we are being rational everything we think is filtered through out emotional (subconscious) database, TOO.

That is why two people can agree on the facts and still come up with very different POVs,

All new data is measured against and with all previously known data (and our feeling about what that data really means)

I suppose that's true for most human beings (we are both); do you believe the same is true for those far left or far right? I suspect extremists reject data which conflicts with the dogma they hold to be immutable.

An interesting study published in the Journal of Experimental Psychology by Harvard researchers printed here The Harvard Crimson:

Study Finds Correlation Between Belief in God and Cognitive Style | News | The Harvard Crimson

For months (years) I've argued that conservatives, and in particular social conservatives, rarely engage in critical thinking. Posted above is an article which supports my observations.

Critical thinking is a skill. One learns it. It is not something that is representative of any political opinion.... and if you actually used the skill, you would know that. But, as you are no more than a shill who prefers bullshit to reality, I am not surprised.

Critical thinking is a skill which one some can learn; some can't and some won't.

While I do not dismiss this research as nonsense I defintiely do think that we are all BOTH.

No matter how much we might THINK we are being rational everything we think is filtered through out emotional (subconscious) database, TOO.

That is why two people can agree on the facts and still come up with very different POVs,

All new data is measured against and with all previously known data (and our feeling about what that data really means)

Most people are, indeed, both. It is dishonest hacks who use such studies to back up their previously held opinions, rather than using the information to inform and review their opinions. Very few people use critical thinking... and that includes WhineCrapper - who would not know 'critical thought' if it introduced itself with a business card.

He does however recognize hypocrisy and ad hominem 'reasoning', as well as partisan hackery. Do critical thinkers use the word "fuck" often, and is the use of the words "fuck" & "fucking" a sign of someone who is engaged in critical thought?

Forum List

Back