Are you a Narcissist?

Considering I scored 2, I don't think I'm overly narcissistic

Interesting self inventory I came across while seeking confirmation of a conclusion I've held for some time:

Narcissistic Personality Inventory - Psych Central

Many of the trolls who frequent this board seem to be at least a bubble off plumb. Pick your favorite as did I and guess on how they might respond on this short quiz.
Yes, many are afflicted with the characteristic. We see it throughout society, including in government. We see it in religious fanatics, scholars, executives, in the medical and health care professions, in law enforcement agencies, in the legal profession, in our military branches, and in Wall Street projectionists. It's basically very common.

Think I scored 35....... Read it and weep peons!!!
Wait, took it again, got a 2 or a 3.

(Maybe I should stop skewing the tests.......)

Authority: 5.00
redblock.gif

Self-Sufficiency: 4.00
redblock.gif

Superiority: 1.00
blueblock.gif

Exhibitionism: 0.00
blueblock.gif

Exploitativeness: 2.00
blueblock.gif

Vanity: 0.00
blueblock.gif

Entitlement: 3.00

37 lol

Authority: 8.00
Self-Sufficiency: 6.00
Superiority: 4.00
Exhibitionism: 5.00
Exploitativeness: 5.00
Vanity: 4.00
Entitlement: 5.00

Last edited:
Cardigan Apothecary

How much is Narcissism reflected in consumerism and fashion (i.e., Macy's, Facebook, etc.)?

School uniforms certainly promote a healthy separation from the problems of peer pressure that arise from self-image vanity fashions, since all students enrolled are required to wear the same design/style of clothing in the classroom.

The 1990s Seattle Grunge music trend was a revival in American rock and roll and came with its own expressive urban street wear --- flannels and cardigans.

I'm a big fan of Kurt Cobain's popular Grunge band Nirvana, and when I think about whether or not I am self-indulgent or Narcissistic in my tastes in music, food, wine (etc.), I think about my general admiration of cardigan fashions and how they symbolize laissez-faire pedestrianism for me.

Of course, I may be *hyping* the cardigan, since Kurt Cobain made them so chic!

:afro:

Grunge (Wikipedia)

cardigan.jpg

Your Total: 9

Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.
Narcissists score over 20.

Narcissistic Trait Strength of Trait

Authority: 3.00
Self-Sufficiency: 2.00
Superiority: 1.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00