Are we there yet? Is this Too Much Government?

"New features, such as light-emitting diodes that consume tiny amounts of power, special reflective films and sensors that automatically adjust TV brightness to a room's viewing conditions, are driving down electricity consumption, experts said."

The problem is those aren't on the market yet. Worse, it's already "old" technology.

Let's see. "Big government conspiracy" or something else? Republicans always think there is this huge magical entity that wants to spy on them and "find things out". Like "God", but man made. Important things. Like, what they ate for breakfast. What color they painted their living room.

Even the most intimate details. What shampoo they used. Republicans are protective of their poo.

Or could it be that California is the most populous state and is basically going bankrupt? People want their electricity, but they don't want to pay for it. They want the government, that entity that should be "smaller", to take care of it.

It's like what the Republicans wanted the last eight years. Two wars paid for by, by what? Less taxes? Tax cuts for the rich?

So the top 5% buy 62" TVs driving up the cost of electricity for everyone. They basically become subsidized by everyone else. Nice. Very Republican. Very conservative. Heartless and brainless.

In the mean time, there is a lot a new technology already in the market. Check out a hand held laser projector that that has perfect focus at high resolution up to and astounding 100 inches. It doesn't use a million LEDs or 500 watts of power. It uses three tiny RGB lasers. That's innovation you won't get from a high school drop out or anti education Republicans. This takes "school". There, I said it. The dirty word. "School".

Microvision's laser-based SHOW WX pico projector shines at CEATEC (video)

SHOWWX™ Laser Pico Projector: Experience SHOW WX

At least this gave conservatives another chance to "rant" at that noexistant, non caring huge entity, "big government".

What gives the GOVERNMENT...any GOVERNMENT the right to legislate consumption of a commodity?

Because the real commodity here is NOT a TV, it's "electricity". If the top 5% use 50% of the electricity, but the cost is spread out to everyone, even those who can't afford a TV, then something is seriously wrong. Do you guys ever "think" before ranting? Ever?

"New features, such as light-emitting diodes that consume tiny amounts of power, special reflective films and sensors that automatically adjust TV brightness to a room's viewing conditions, are driving down electricity consumption, experts said."

The problem is those aren't on the market yet. Worse, it's already "old" technology.

Let's see. "Big government conspiracy" or something else? Republicans always think there is this huge magical entity that wants to spy on them and "find things out". Like "God", but man made. Important things. Like, what they ate for breakfast. What color they painted their living room.

Even the most intimate details. What shampoo they used. Republicans are protective of their poo.

Or could it be that California is the most populous state and is basically going bankrupt? People want their electricity, but they don't want to pay for it. They want the government, that entity that should be "smaller", to take care of it.

It's like what the Republicans wanted the last eight years. Two wars paid for by, by what? Less taxes? Tax cuts for the rich?

So the top 5% buy 62" TVs driving up the cost of electricity for everyone. They basically become subsidized by everyone else. Nice. Very Republican. Very conservative. Heartless and brainless.

In the mean time, there is a lot a new technology already in the market. Check out a hand held laser projector that that has perfect focus at high resolution up to and astounding 100 inches. It doesn't use a million LEDs or 500 watts of power. It uses three tiny RGB lasers. That's innovation you won't get from a high school drop out or anti education Republicans. This takes "school". There, I said it. The dirty word. "School".

At least this gave conservatives another chance to "rant" at that noexistant, non caring huge entity, "big government".

What gives the GOVERNMENT...any GOVERNMENT the right to legislate consumption of a commodity?

Because the real commodity here is NOT a TV, it's "electricity". If the top 5% use 50% of the electricity, but the cost is spread out to everyone, even those who can't afford a TV, then something is seriously wrong. Do you guys ever "think" before ranting? Ever?

Are you saying that kilowatts are priced differently based upon ones income?
Do you ever think?

"We can't drive our SUVs, eat whatever we want and keep our thermostats at 72 degrees and expect other countries to think that's ok.. That's not leadership. That's not going to happen.".. Barack Hussein Obama

Telling me what I can or cannot drive, what I can or cannot eat, what temperature I should keep my house at, is not leadership, it's fascism.....MountainMan
I am pissed that I can't dump used motor oil into the groundwater on my property. It's MY oil and MY property!

That's fascism!

Doug

"We can't drive our SUVs, eat whatever we want and keep our thermostats at 72 degrees and expect other countries to think that's ok.. That's not leadership. That's not going to happen.".. Barack Hussein Obama

Telling me what I can or cannot drive, what I can or cannot eat, what temperature I should keep my house at, is not leadership, it's fascism.....MountainMan
I am pissed that I can't dump used motor oil into the groundwater on my property. It's MY oil and MY property!

That's fascism!

Doug

Do you really need an electric piano? You're melting the polar ice caps!

lastpolarbear.jpg

Polar Bear: I was fine until Doug went electric, now look at me

(welcome Doug!!!)

If I wanted one of these TV's, I would just fly my little plane (a cessna 182) over to Arizona or Nevada, buy the ginormous TV there and take it home to Los Angeles. I am pretty sure I could get it in the plane. I love flying the plane, and since I am burning around 12 gallons of 100LL fuel per hour (figure 3-4 hrs round trip) I am helping the economy!! I am going to open every window in my house today and crank the A/C down to 68. Just doin' my part to help the economy.

That's fascism!

Doug

(welcome Doug!!!)
Whazzup Frank!

Obviously, we regulate some things (like where you dump used motor oil) in life for the national interest. I'm not sure that the sale of televisions needs to be regulated, I don't know how much power they use.

But I seem to remember conservatives saying that things like this should be left up to the states, instead of the federal government. That seems to be the case here, and yet the conservatives are still whining about it.

Doug

Last edited:

That's fascism!

Doug

(welcome Doug!!!)
Whazzup Frank!

Obviously, we regulate some things (like where you dump used motor oil) in life for the national interest. I'm not sure that the sale of televisions needs to be regulated, I don't know how much power they use.

But I seem to remember conservatives saying that things like this should be left up to the states, instead of the federal government. That seems to be the case here, and yet the conservatives are still whining about it.

Doug

10th Amendment Kudos! Doug nailed it!

I am a fiscal conservative and I am not complaining about it at all! I think it is great....... for other states! It will improve sales of gigantic TV's in all of the states that border California. It's a CA stimulus program that helps AZ, NV and OR!!

As for California, well, we are far too big with far too many people driving far too many cars. Destroying a few million jobs every year will help the environment and force people to move to other states. That will help balance our CA Budget. Less is more. We can do it! Believe in your Gov't!! They are here to help!

Here's an awesome idea!! let's make a law forcing every citizen in CA to plant a tree!! Then, we'll pass another law that makes it illegal to kill helpless trees in CA. Then we'll pass another law that levies a tax on trees!!! Elegant ain't it?? We'll balance the budget in no time!! WOOHOOO!! balance the budget and help the trees!! Now that is a Win/Win scenario!!!:booze:

A big screen TV can run anywhere from 300 to 500 watts. That's like everything else in your house put together.

Now you may look at your computer and notice the power supply says 500 to 750 watts. That's how much it's "capable" not how much is uses. If you do 3d graphics and are calculating high def renders and are using the sound card and the DVD, then you could easily hit 500 watts. You TV would use that much power every hour, about one third to one half kilowatt every hour. You could look at your electric bill to figure out how much it pays to run such a TV.

For California, sure they could build more power plants. But could they? Does that bankrupt state have the money? We can't pay for the two wars we have now. Or for all the sick people. So big screen TVs are a necessity? Better if they don't regulate TVs, but I don't hate them for it.

Wow, when I think of two wars and tax cuts for the rich? Were the insane running the country? How could we let that happen?

I wonder how they would enforce that type of legislation? If they banned sales, you could still bring one in from another state. I'm surprized that some legislator hasn't come up with a proposal to limit electricity by household.

The bastards want to regulate electric power and this is what happens...pretty soon will be using kerosene lamps again.

Are you saying that kilowatts are priced differently based upon ones income?
Do you ever think?

Astounding, isn't it?

They ARE on the market, quickly making plasmas and LCDs obsolete.

This power consumption problem is already solved with better technology that is taking over the market. In a year or so, maybe two, there won't be any plasmas or LCDs available.

Do you? What do you THINK electrical power is to run the appliance? It's a COMMODITY. -DUH-

They ARE on the market, quickly making plasmas and LCDs obsolete.

This power consumption problem is already solved with better technology that is taking over the market. In a year or so, maybe two, there won't be any plasmas or LCDs available.

Exactly. Try finding a NEW CRT...

Forum List

Back