Are We Really This Dumb?

It's called editing. Of course there's dumb-asses out there. Dumb-asses being dumb-asses is entertainment, which is the point of these clips. No doubt the comedians-as-interviewers meet a lot of people who know those answers, but that's not as entertaining... so they generally get edited out.

:eusa_pray:

I would say that 80% of people above the age of 40 can answer these questions all day long...under 40...maybe 5% can.

Difference? They were educated before the Board of Education was installed and sterilized history books.

Huh? Boards of Education are comprised of local citizens, not government staffed (by either states or districts). Who would you suggest be the overseer of whether to buy books or football uniforms?

My friends in other countries all seem to know US politics and yet I dun know the politics of any of their nations. I wonder if other nations might not be doing a far superior job on public ed, and if so, why we here in the US can't get our shit together?

And yet the grandfather knew every answer that Jay threw at him...and he went to school before the Nat. BOE was installed.
How is this possible?

go see "Waiting for Superman", all we be made clear.

I heard about that documentary. When its on cable I might watch it, not not in a theater. I'm kinda surprised they really thought it could compete with "Hereafter" etc.

WTF goes on in our nation's schools?

Discuss.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

the gov. has allowed itself to be bought by the AFT and NEA among others, thats what.

public "school" is a miasma of self esteem trng., dumbing down coupled with a bureaucracy that only a left over soviet era apparatchik would love.

Last edited:
And yet the grandfather knew every answer that Jay threw at him...and he went to school before the Nat. BOE was installed.
How is this possible?

go see "Waiting for Superman", all we be made clear.

I heard about that documentary. When its on cable I might watch it, not not in a theater. I'm kinda surprised they really thought it could compete with "Hereafter" etc.

well it wasn't designed for wide release, arty theaters run it mainly. its worth a viewing if you can stand it.

I would say that 80% of people above the age of 40 can answer these questions all day long...under 40...maybe 5% can.

Difference? They were educated before the Board of Education was installed and sterilized history books.

Huh? Boards of Education are comprised of local citizens, not government staffed (by either states or districts). Who would you suggest be the overseer of whether to buy books or football uniforms?

My friends in other countries all seem to know US politics and yet I dun know the politics of any of their nations. I wonder if other nations might not be doing a far superior job on public ed, and if so, why we here in the US can't get our shit together?

Americans are far too arrogant to worry about other countries politics.
I mean why would it matter to us? We are Number Uno USA :beer:

Unless one in America watches LinkTV or BBC we do not hear much about other countries.
I think other countries media does a much better job of covering world events/politics.

And on the schools we allowed it to happen by not being good enough parents. NOt all of course but it seems to be the majority. We tend to use schools as babysitters. Not as education centers.

Last edited:
And BTW - to the OP..

The answer is no. We are not "this dumb" as shown in the video.
But we are dumb...as shown in this video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4pN-aiofw&feature=related[/ame]

Forum List

Back