Are we going to have War in Korea soon..???

Are we going to have war in Korea soon....??

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
China would drop NK like a hot potato if they declared war on the US. Their alliance isn't very solid, and mostly used by the Chinese to keep refugees from crossing the border into China.

I can't imagine NK and Iran forming an alliance.

No offense, but weren't you one of the ones worried about Georgia? How'd that work out.

The Chinese came into the Korean war because they did not want the US troops so close to it's territory. I don't imagine they've mellowed on that point.

Well, they have a relationship with Iran of some sort now. How deep it is I couldn't say. Whether Iran would find it in their interest to do something like that I couldn't say.

I'd say that situation is static. The concerns are the same. Putin has been a bit hamstrung by the drop in oil prices. If there is a resurgence, we'll see what happens.

I did vote no by the way, just for the record. But as Valerie says, they are dangerous and need to be watched. They are going to push until we make them stop.

As much as we know that we could put a whoopin on their Military in a conventional way....and the fact that the people are all but defeated to begin with...how would we address the fact that they are a nuclear threat??? All be it a small one...but a threat none the less.

Anyone think if North Korea were invaded, they might shoot a missile at Japan?

They might.

Then I suspect Japan would kick their fascist asses into Siberia.

With what? The US armed forces? I don't think they have a big military and no stomach for fighting a war anymore.

They spend about the same percentage of GDP on their military as Ghana and Malta. Not really ass kickers.

China would drop NK like a hot potato if they declared war on the US. Their alliance isn't very solid, and mostly used by the Chinese to keep refugees from crossing the border into China.

No offense, but weren't you one of the ones worried about Georgia? How'd that work out.

The Chinese came into the Korean war because they did not want the US troops so close to it's territory. I don't imagine they've mellowed on that point.

Well, they have a relationship with Iran of some sort now. How deep it is I couldn't say. Whether Iran would find it in their interest to do something like that I couldn't say.

I'd say that situation is static. The concerns are the same. Putin has been a bit hamstrung by the drop in oil prices. If there is a resurgence, we'll see what happens.

I did vote no by the way, just for the record. But as Valerie says, they are dangerous and need to be watched. They are going to push until we make them stop.
Yep, that's what they want us to do. Make a move. If we attack them China will help them. If they attack us, China will cut them loose.

Yep, that's what they want us to do. Make a move. If we attack them China will help them. If they attack us, China will cut them loose.

Right. Which brings us back to that gray area of "attack." No, really, that was "missile test" not an attack.

Anyone think if North Korea were invaded, they might shoot a missile at Japan?

They might.

Then I suspect Japan would kick their fascist asses into Siberia.

With what? The US armed forces? I don't think they have a big military and no stomach for fighting a war anymore.

They spend about the same percentage of GDP on their military as Ghana and Malta. Not really ass kickers.

Admittedly Japans foces are small now.

The JSDF numbered 239,430 in 2005[update] with 147,737 in the Ground Self-Defense Force, 44,327 in the Maritime Self-Defense Force, 45,517 in the Air Self-Defense Force, and 1,849 in the Joint Staff Office. Reserves numbered 57,899.[5]

source

But an attack on Japan by Korea would push every Nipponese button on the Island.

And the people who make excellent cars can make excellent armaments, too.

I doubt N. Korean would last a year from the date of the attack assuming the USA just got the hell out of Japan's way.

They're got the money and the know-how to militarize and while their constitution won't allow it, I suspect that'd change fast enough under those circumstances.

I have seen video of the JDF. They are one well oiled professional machine.

Just as an interesting point of discussion... if you were a NORK general, who would you be more afraid of, Japan or South Korea, or Dear Leader. The guys in charge of the Secret Police too. You know the results if Dear Leader picked a fight to you personally. If Dear Leader pushes the wrong button, you think they would go along with it now? Or would Dear Leader suddenly develop lead poisoning?

My opinion still stands as, this is not the Korea of the past. The current North IMO if faced with any real force and resolve would crumble from within. I really don't think this half baked leader has a desire to toss all of his power away, but, maybe he is unstable enough to incite a direct reaction. If so, I really feel his own would relish the idea of taking him out and toppling him from within. Just like with Saddam, a certain segment would battle till the death, but, those numbers would be small in comparison to those total numbers of their military.

I do feel though that we should stop any arms from being shipped out of N. Korea.

Forum List

Back